Coaching Mario can win big right NOW and here is further evidence.

I'm getting more confident we can take out Clemson... As Far as Texas A&M I'm gonna wait till the week of the game.... I know it sounds weird to say that about that game but not Clemson but I just think Clemson is more vulnerable this season for once as far as we're concerned .
It’s in Clemson? I don’t think so. We have way too many holes on defense.

Advertisement
Can we just accept that we have a great coach who is a recruiting machine who is building a great staff at a university with an admin and alumni that now fully support winning? Maybe, just maybe we should let the man work and build something, and stop deciding what potential failure of his will cause us to try to run him out of town. I mean, it's month one of the off-season and all he has done so far is exceed expectations while recruiting in a phone booth.
Remember our fan base is still pussified and suffers PTSD. It is my belief this will soon be corrected but until we play a gane the ptsd is real

I’m sure it’s already been explained but why is the game in Clemson again.
Because 2020 wasn’t part of the normal scheduling rotation and doesn’t count for scheduling purposes. The last time we played them , outside of 2020, was in Miami. Perhaps you remember, there were 58 pts scored, we switched coaches shortly after.

Advertisement
Revisit time, since we have an (almost) complete staff now, and added some really nice players on NLOI day and in the portal.

If we don't win the coastal, I will be disappointed. Not in Mario, any particular kid or coach, because we don't know how things will go down, but I want to see these kids win SOMETHING, move the line forward and have something to launch off of in 2023.

God, I'd love to take down TAMU or Clemson this year. Shot across the CFB now.

Too premature, but you may end up being right with the right portal transfers.

There is no way we beat Clemson with John Campbell as our RT or Flagg as our MLB or Ivey and Couch as our #2 CB. We still need a better edge rusher for that matter. But as several of us wrote in the other thread, Mario knows those holes exist and there's reason to believe he'll fill them with guys talented enough to put us in a position to win big games in 2022.

Because 2020 wasn’t part of the normal scheduling rotation and doesn’t count for scheduling purposes. The last time we played them , outside of 2020, was in Miami. Perhaps you remember, there were 58 pts scored, we switched coaches shortly after.
To **** with the normal scheduling. Well Ig I can hope we return the 58-0 score

Last edited:
You’re right. Clemson will have a legit team but also that’s a lot of turnover for them as well

Be interesting to see how they respond to adversity on their end

Clemson might have the best D in the country next year. It's definitely the best DL with Bresee returning and KJ Henry/X Thomas passing up the NFL draft. They're going to start 4 5* players on the DL alone.

They're a lot better than us, at least on paper.

If Mario wins 1 of either @A&M or @Clemson it will be the most impressive win we've had since 2005

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back