Mario C. Contract

Advertisement
Marks stoops would recruit so fla better than manny
Mark Stoops is good for KY where football is simply a placeholder for the start of basketball season. If KY wins 6 games and avoids losing to the Gates for 32 years in a row, they're thrilled.

Advertisement
Next hire has to be a proven P5 coach thats somewhat outside the box, but regardless of who it is we NEED a P5 staff as well. Hire whoever but if they only have the coin to hire a G5 staff like this the cycle will repeat itself again.

I understand the concerns over Mario as a game day coach, but the one thing I would say is that there would be no doubt that he would bring an elite staff in and would recruit his *** off.

Not sure about the elite staff...His OC now is pretty bad and many people find him to be a total ******* to work with or for. That's what I've heard.

I'm not a fan of him as a coach, I think the time to hire him was last year though. If I had to call it he would have failed, but his recruiting may have been enough. I thought Richt was a better hire than him, and I think Richt was decent here, I did not know Richt was going to be attached at the hip to his asshead son and that he himself would have trouble developing QBs the way he did (this was once a strength of his)...Right now I think it is very important that UM gets away from the UM family and goes elsewhere to hire. Preferabley a bright young offensive mind (spread and modern concepts yet, but not an air raid maniac, I want a physical running game still to be there with the spread concepts)

Enough with Mario. What is the obsession with head coaches who have ties to UM? There's a whole college football world that exists outside of Coral Gables.

Sure, he'd be better than Manuel, but that's like saying that ******* a 200 pounder is better than a 300 pounder.

Enough with Mario. What is the obsession with head coaches who have ties to UM? There's a whole college football world that exists outside of Coral Gables.

Sure, he'd be better than Manuel, but that's like saying that ******* a 200 pounder is better than a 300 pounder.

im with you. there are much better candidates out there. along with that, Mario wont have the bags to help his recruiting down here (see james coley). need a wiz xs and os guy who can also recruit and put together a staff of good recruiters. cant have a guy solely known for recruiting and not giving him bags to help secure the kids

Advertisement
Advertisement
No more cane family head coaches...Not to mention the man can't coach a lick

He can recruit and that's obviously his strength, but he's awful on gamefday. Big win for him at Wash this week though.
You crazy. Dude can recruit and coach. Knows what it means to be a Miami coach. Has schooled himself under Saban so he knows how to run an organization. Mario is #1 on my list.

The coaching problems will be masked next year. We will be so much better next year solely on the fact that we are so young and the guys will mature. This is going to mask the issues with the coaching. As one podcaster put it, the coaches are leaning on the player's ability rather than developing them. Unfortunately, I see this continuing. We may even win the Coastal the next 2 years, but we won't challenge Clemson or sniff the CFP. James will give Manny an extension and the mediocrity will cycle thru once again. If Diaz is going to fail, I hope it coincides with Marios contract, but I'm sure Oregon will lock him down with a contract extension in 2020.

Campbell should have been the guy after richt retired. That man saved this school 20 million dollars. Hes gonna be a **** great coach

Advertisement
Any of them is better than manny. Manny runs a gimmick defense and can’t recruit. He also lacks strong ties wifh elite coaches

Not sure about the elite staff...His OC now is pretty bad and many people find him to be a total ******* to work with or for. That's what I've heard.

I'm not a fan of him as a coach, I think the time to hire him was last year though. If I had to call it he would have failed, but his recruiting may have been enough. I thought Richt was a better hire than him, and I think Richt was decent here, I did not know Richt was going to be attached at the hip to his asshead son and that he himself would have trouble developing QBs the way he did (this was once a strength of his)...Right now I think it is very important that UM gets away from the UM family and goes elsewhere to hire. Preferabley a bright young offensive mind (spread and modern concepts yet, but not an air raid maniac, I want a physical running game still to be there with the spread concepts)

If Richt had hired a decent up and coming OC, he would still be here and we would probably have had three straight double digit winning seasons his first three years. What a shame.

Take it to the bank 100% Mario will be the next coach unless there are MAJOR changes in the athletic dept.

You crazy. Dude can recruit and coach. Knows what it means to be a Miami coach. Has schooled himself under Saban so he knows how to run an organization. Mario is #1 on my list.

The coaching problems will be masked next year. We will be so much better next year solely on the fact that we are so young and the guys will mature. This is going to mask the issues with the coaching. As one podcaster put it, the coaches are leaning on the player's ability rather than developing them. Unfortunately, I see this continuing. We may even win the Coastal the next 2 years, but we won't challenge Clemson or sniff the CFP. James will give Manny an extension and the mediocrity will cycle thru once again. If Diaz is going to fail, I hope it coincides with Marios contract, but I'm sure Oregon will lock him down with a contract extension in 2020.

No he can't coach...He's a bum with xs and os

And we aren't that young, we are kinda in the middle in terms of experience. And refuse to play some young talent actually.

Advertisement
Back