Mario and Mirabal’s Offensive Mentality

Advertisement
Is he just saying you can’t run constant RPOs, because more times than not the QB will pull? Run designed runs and sprinkle in RPO so you don’t squander your advantage on the run game? That I can see. The problem is when we’re predictable in the run game it’s not effective at all and your advantage is squandered anyway.

You have to tell the opponent "HEY WE'RE GOING TO RUN THE BALL NOW!" before running the play. If not, you're not being fyzical enough.
Staff has figured out a way to do this without having to verbally say it.

6 lineman at the line of scrimmage, 1 TE, with Restrepo right next to the TE, Motion in Jacolby George to join the party.....its go time, brother.

6 lineman at the line of scrimmage, 1 TE, with Restrepo right next to the TE, Motion in Jacolby George to join the party.....its go time, brother.
It's not about running the ball. Or even being successful. It's about telling your opponent what you're going to do and then ramming your head into the wall over and over.

Frustrated Head GIF

Advertisement
I just can't with this nonsense. I'm curious, do some of you mouthbreathers actively search for something to complain about? Mirabal is the OL coach, OL coaches tend to be guys that want to play physical football. He isn't calling the plays. We have people in this fanbase that complain about a lack of creativity, when in reality, it's more a lack of execution and consistency that has hampered this offense, that and untimely turnovers and penalties. Go back and watch Michigan, watch a lot of the other top end teams over the last decade. They weren't hyper creative, they knew how to adjust, how to play situational football, and they ran what they did run consistently well. Period. If Miami could merely cut out the dumb penalties and turnovers, the O would be much better off.

Keep in mind, to run a successful rpo, you have to be able to trust your qb to make the right decisions and execute. How many here complaining about the tweet thought we had all world decision makers at qb?

I'm not a fan of Mario ball because it does get predictable and we don't execute, but that tweet isn't necessarily wrong.

Advertisement
I just can't with this nonsense. I'm curious, do some of you mouthbreathers actively search for something to complain about? Mirabal is the OL coach, OL coaches tend to be guys that want to play physical football. He isn't calling the plays. We have people in this fanbase that complain about a lack of creativity, when in reality, it's more a lack of execution and consistency that has hampered this offense, that and untimely turnovers and penalties. Go back and watch Michigan, watch a lot of the other top end teams over the last decade. They weren't hyper creative, they knew how to adjust, how to play situational football, and they ran what they did run consistently well. Period. If Miami could merely cut out the dumb penalties and turnovers, the O would be much better off.

If we're retracing the last decade, those running schemes were 100% more creative than what we've ran the last two years. Part of that is having a statue at QB though. The exotic **** Riley was running at OU needed a run threat at QB to be executed at that level. Crazy how all of a sudden the execution and creativity level up with a dynamic QB who can beat you through the ground and air.

Advertisement

Dawson and Mario should invite Brady to campus. He’s exactly right and proves again why pre snap motion is so important. Also got me thinking that offenses should always get up to the line with 20 seconds or more on the play clock for this very reason. The slow plodding huddle and walk up to the line with 10-15 seconds on the play clock puts you at a disadvantage from the start.

Advertisement
In all seriousness, an OC should not be concerned that his QB is going to take the pass option on every RPO call. If so, you need to play a different quarterback. I understand that nobody makes the right read every time but if your quarterback is pulling the ball and throwing it to the man who dropped into coverage, he's a terrible quarterback and shouldn't be playing for you.

We finished 20th in the country in yards per carry last year with a statue at QB and the most injured RB room in the history of the sport.

Wanna know where we ranked in average rushes per game??

87th. Eighty. Seventh. In carries per game.

And it’s not because we played absurdly slow. We certainly didn’t play fast, but we were a little lower than middle of the pack in plays per game.

Top 40 in pass attempts per game. Again, with a turnover machine at QB and a true freshman. And it’s not like we got blown out every week and had to throw it 70 times. We lost one game all season by more than 1 score.

But please, tell me more about Mirabal’s tweets lmao.

Mario likes to have a tough team with good lines. So did Michigan. So does UGA. So does Alabama. I have no idea why some of you think this is some horrible thing that makes us incapable of winning. We literally threw the ball way more than we ran it last year, even though we were pretty good at running it and we were competitive in every game.

Iirc, saw a stat around the lines of we ran the ball against non-P5 opponents at a 7 ypc clip, but against P5 opponents it was 4.2 ypc clip.

I think it also stated something to the fact that we were one of the slowest offense, snapping the ball w/ around 12-13 secs on the clock on avg. which ranked 99th out of 133rd. Lastly, many of us here have watched our games either in person or via networks. Many know what led to us passing the ball more often in certain games & I don’t need to rehash that. Raw stats tell a story, but not the full story.

We know what “bro style” is referred to, and it’s much more than just passing vs. rushing.

Never in a million years did I think a slot WR at Miami would be regularly used as an in-line blocker. Unreal but here we are.

Advertisement
Back