Mario and Mirabal’s Offensive Mentality

Advertisement
Canezum -

What are you not understanding about * historic type mental/physical breakdown. And he mentally broke first. The coaches did try to adjust and despite his total collapse vs GaTech were there were lots of open WRs, but he constantly forced throws.
They came back at UNC and had some early success with Van Dyke but he mentally self destructed again pressing throws and missing open WRs. He stil statistically had an above average game. But just had some crucial Ints. (What was wrong with the adjustment that game?)

Due to injury you play Emory versus Clemson and game plan being limited obviously with a true freshman.

TVD played for 0TDs and 2 interceptions in UVA game.

TVD comes back again for NcState. He blows it big time they tried to open it up still. NC state played a lot of man cover 2. I remember specifically him forcing double coverage to X on one pick when he could have waited one second for Walton to finish his chip block then roll into the flat for 20. NcState was that deep across the board. He is officially benched now.

At this point he has 10 picks thrown in the last 5 games with 3 losses. UVA he was saved.

Next we go into FSU at their house and make a **** of a game until Emory gets injured. TVD comes in at a tough spot but finishes it with an INT again.

Louisville he actually plays a pretty solid game with multiple picks no Ints. The defense for Louisville played all different fronts and coverages. Now like you said Brohm was ultra creative and outcoached Guidry no doubt but you can’t blame Dawson that game. He was plenty open and creative.

Against BC again he lights up the field. With multiple TDs and zero picks. I believe he finishes the last three games with 5 TDS and no picks. Then I guess he does us favor by not playing in a bowl game so we could started on the portal hunt for Ward on the long run.

If you can’t see how savage his gameplay affected our season and how our coaches had no clue what QB was showing up that gameday. 5 TDS 11 picks in a stretch of 5 games in the heart of your season. 4 losses and OT bailout. 14TDs and 1 INT in 6 impressive games with only 1 loss. The ups and downs couldn’t have been more dramatic. The fact that he able to recover at the end of the year shows the coaches were really trying all year to coach him back into the right headspace.

Regardless of ANY of this drivel you typed the coaches didnt ADJUST to his " episode/historical breakdown".

Example: Andy Reid realizes he doesnt have the athletes to stretch the field consistently.

Solution: change my route concept to highlight more of what his receivers could do.

Mario/Dawson: QB is struggling reading zone in my offense.

Solution: Keep running the same ****m

Andy could have done the same ignorant **** could have kept throwing the ball deep wasting possessions and in turn blame it on the players and make excuses to the front office how they need to draft another deep threat. Fans like you would be on the boards yelling " our wr suck. Its not Andys fault. Blah blah blah.". Thank God Andy isnt an excuse maker and he finds solutions.

Tyler isnt the first nor the last to have a breakdown or lose himself during the season. I dont and wont ever give ANY coach that excuse. Especially when they dont try different things to reel the player back in. We never adjusted any part of the offense to Tylers issue. If we did i would be giving coach his credit. We dont know how severe his breakdown was because coaches didn't give us an opportunity to see him struggle no matter what they did.

So that gives us a lane to criticize their methods. Its that simple. You have no idea how Tyler would have responded to an adjustment in scheme. So miss me with the excuses. Bro. Respectfully.

Maybe you guys dont know enough about scheme and the Xs and Os of the game. Thats why you keep reaching to high **** to excuse this staff of their mishaps. I'm not moving off my point and none of these rebuttals yall give me are valid. Especially When i see other coaches capable and willing to adjust.

I dont know how true it is, but its despicable what the announcer said during the Louisville game. That they " Asked Tyler which plays he was comfortable with, that week. and threw out the rest".

Well why tf would they wait until the **** Louisville game to ask him that and if it aint true why would the announcer say it? Thats damning. That proves my point. Lo and behold, he played much better after that. So F all that " historic breakdown" crap.

Thats a BS and weak excuse. 😒

Regardless of ANY of this drivel you typed the coaches didnt ADJUST to his " episode/historical breakdown".

Example: Andy Reid realizes he doesnt have the athletes to stretch the field consistently.

Solution: change my route concept to highlight more of what his receivers could do.

Andy could have done the same ignorant **** could have kept throwing the ball deep wasting possessions and in turn blame it on the players and make excuses to the front office how they need to draft another deep threat. Fans like you would be on the boards yelling " our wr suck. Its not Andys fault. Blah blah blah.". Thank God Andy isnt an excuse maker and he finds solutions.

Tyler isnt the first nor the last to have a breakdown or lose himself during the season. I dont and wont ever give ANY coach that excuse. Especially when they dont try different things to reel the player back in. We never adjusted any part of the offense to Tylers issue. If we did i would be giving coach his credit. We dont know how severe his breakdown was because coaches didn't give us an opportunity to see him struggle no matter what they did.

So that gives us a lane to criticize their methods. Its that simple. You have no idea how Tyler would have responded to an adjustment in scheme. So miss me with the excuses. Bro. Respectfully.

Maybe you guys dont know enough about scheme and the Xs and Os of the game. Thats why you keep reaching to high **** to excuse this staff of their mishaps. I'm not moving off my point and none of these rebuttals yall give me are valid. Especially When i see other coaches capable and willing to adjust.

I dont know how true it is, but its despicable what the announcer said during the Louisville game. That they " Asked Tyler which plays he was comfortable with, that week. and threw out the rest".

Well why tf would they wait until the **** Louisville game to ask him that and if it aint true why would the announcer say it? Thats damning. That proves my point. Lo and behold, he played much better after that. So F all that " historic breakdown" crap.

You’re contradicting yourself on the stats alone. They were able to real him back in after his benching. He had two of his better games of the season at the end of the year.

Advertisement
Man, just fun. Lol

-Mario vs. Manny (the battle of Maribros & the tucked away, hidden Lispy Crew)

-Is FSU a one hit wonder & Norvell is a poor coach who caught breaks in 2023?

-Was TVD really as bad of a QB here or was it scheme as he takes his “talents” to Madison?

-Was TVD the issue for our 7-6 season as we usher in the Cam Ward era?

-Will Vegas finally get it right w/ our over & under? (Currently set at 9.5)

Man, fun story lines.

Some of the best questions of the off-season. My hot take is a hard Yes on all of them. Just to be clear on first bullet, yes = Mario > Manny, and last bullet, 9.5 = 9 or 10 wins. We're no baaaaaack but we'll justify the buzz this season finally.

A: coaches made multiple adjustments for Tyler throughout the season. We can go back and watch game versus game if you’d like but you clearly have missed my previous posts stating coaches need to upgrade adjustments in game, but especially Dawson needed to be more creative. He needs to utilize pre snap options, include TEs and RBs better, more motion and I feel he will be more comfortable doing that with Ward. It doesn’t negate TVDs “historical collapse”. Can you name a UM streak of 5 games that bad. Or a season as mystifying as his ups and downs

A: I’m agreeing with you Dawson needs to improve. Again I said I’ll rewatch but the coaches did make adjustments. They made changes after GaTech to UNC. When he threw the two crucial picks in the 3rd quarter. The game was out of reach, despite a statistically strong game. He was pressing throws when he had open WRs.

A: I played football from 6 to college when I was a Junior and blew out my knee. How are you calling anyone “uninformed fans” when you’re comparing our coaches to Any Reid not only now one of GOAT coaches, especially offensive ingenuity wise, but with also a once in a generational QB a possible GOAT as well? Those are completely different scenarios considering QB is the position with Ultimate Impact on a game.

A: Again let’s do a game per day analysis of TVD and how plays were being called versus defensive fronts. How many times TVD forces throws but most importantly as TVD lost himself he lost his team too. He was not a vocal leader accepting responsibility and assuring teammates he got the next. Nope he put his head down, mopes to the bench, and sits alone.

A: I have nothing but respect and while I stated gameday adjustments need to be upgraded. I also said I’m willing to rewatch film. My other post preemptive to this was saying a lot fans just continue to **** on Mario constantly regurgitating negative hate without bring any new insight/ information/ analysis. Question for you do you think Mario hasn’t been made aware of our concerns regarding gameday management/adjustments? Off the problems with the team that needed to be fixed, do you think he didn’t attack them? I expect 10 wins next season unless Ward injury occurs. If it’s not this year incredible recruiter but the fit here. I assure you that no one is working harder or cares more about this program and players.

A: I’ve addressed this multiple times. I see plenty of mishaps from coaches that can be corrected but the coaches were not the reason for 7-6. Again I’ll go through film again. But again name a QB who has had a remotely similar up and down season. Or a QB post Kelly that has had a 5 game stretch as bad as TVD. Mario was playing a guessing game with whether Jeckyl or Hyde was showing up each week.

A: How do we know the coaches weren’t allowing him to do that before his play became effectively a form of self sabotage and they reigned in the offense with Emory and clear lumbering UVA / NcState.

A: Like I said I’ve played college ball so I do lean toward having a certain level of respect for my coach. Especially one like Mario who genuinely cares for his players and wants nothing but the best. I also believe more in player accountability than most. I’m not making excuses. Plenty of blame to go around. In year 2 the team was more talented and competitive. I honestly believe with semi consistent QB play. We win 9 which was my call preseason.

Lastly nothing but respect.

No. We expect our coaches to adjust. This kind of post implies that there is absolutely nothing we could do to adjust to Van Dykes struggles. Which is simply asinine.

Louisville QB is in no way shape or form better than Tyler. Yet, Brohm simplified the game. Toned down his reads. Schemed guys open to give him easy passes to keep drives going.

Instead of asking a struggling QB to be Peyton Manning. Help em out with some scheme. Those lil dink and dunk play action plays killed us.

They didnt take much. Make the defense think. Take the lil 5 yard dump off to the TE. Aint gotta worry bout reading coverages and all that.

To act like our coaches couldnt have done that is INSANE. Its ok to say " The coaches could have done better"

Ron Turner schemed Rex 'GatorTrash' Grossman to a ****** superbowl appearance. Come on guys. Hold these coaches accountable.
Bruh we asked tyler to perform his way out of the worst slump ever by running PURE DROP BACK PASSES

I don’t think people understand how insane that is bruh lol. There are nfl qbs today that cant swim in those waters lol..**** there are dudes that were HEISMAN finalists that cant do that dawg lmao

Thats why we saw in the Louisville and BC game more under center, more play action on early downs.

Its just so easy to point at the MAIN problem but people keep ignoring other symptoms and those have to be fixed for us to have a great offense consistently as long as dawson is here

Last edited:
Bruh we asked tyler to perform his way out of the worst slump ever by running PURE DROP BACK PASSES

I don’t think people understand how insane that is bruh lol. There are nfl qbs today that cant swim in those waters lol..**** there are dudes that were HEISMAN finalists that cant do that dawg lmao

Thats why we saw in the Louisville and BC game more under center, more play action on early downs.

Its just so easy to point at the MAIN problem but people keep ignoring other symptoms and those have to be fixed for us to have a great offense consistently as long as dawson is here
And when the coaches had to dial it back and try to remain conservative in hopes we could stop Tyler from shooting us in the foot and our RBs stepped up especially Fletcher.

And you’re not watching the games. TVD spent most offensive snaps in shotgun. I’m sorry brother. I don’t like Cane on Cane blood but I had to catch a body with that made up BS lol!!!

Advertisement

Mane, im not even responding to anyone else that doesnt understand the points made in this post. Ive expressed the same ad nauseam.

Im confident I'd coach circles around ANY of the cats defending the BS we saw. Id also say they dont know **** about football. Especially offense and playing QB.

These cats think it's as simple as " there are guys running open. Qb just missed them. It's not the OC FAULT"

ANYONE, that dense doesn't deserve a reply. They clearly dont understand the difficulty of the position and the responsibility of the coaches to adjust. Just endless excuses, which implies our staff did EVERYTHING possible to help Tyler, and he just couldn't overcome. Load of absolute BS.

Mane, im not even responding to anyone else that doesnt understand the points made in this post. Ive expressed the same ad nauseam.

Im confident I'd coach circles around ANY of the cats defending the BS we saw. Id also say they dont know **** about football. Especially offense and playing QB.

These cats think it's as simple as " there are guys running open. Qb just missed them. It's not the OC FAULT"

ANYONE, that dense doesn't deserve a reply. They clearly dont understand the difficulty of the position and the responsibility of the coaches to adjust. Just endless excuses, which implies our staff did EVERYTHING possible to help Tyler, and he just couldn't overcome. Load of absolute BS.
If you’re so smart hot shot let’s go over the film together. Now the EA college football pro is running circles who actually played college football. I’ll go through every play call and defensive front.

Are you TVDs mom? I asked one serious question you haven’t answered. Has any QB since Kelly has had a worse stretch of five games? Or has any QB had such a up down up season?

If you’re so smart hot shot let’s go over the film together. Now the EA college football pro is running circles who actually played college football. I’ll go through every play call and defensive front.

Are you TVDs mom? I asked one serious question you haven’t answered. Has any QB since Kelly has had a worse stretch of five games? Or has any QB had such a up down up season?
You lost all credibility when you were comparing Andy Reid/ Pat Mahomes to Dawson/TVD.

I’m trying to be respectful and like I said go game by game with you but you are now trying to claim your knowledge is far superior than mine along with a good majority of other really educated fans, former players like myself, and coaches.

Advertisement
Part of imposing your will is in pass protection. Pass pro is not passive. Not when it’s done right. And the protection was possibly the best I’ve seen since 2001. I would like to see what happens if we give Cam Ward that kind of time. The kid might blow a load on the field the first time he hits his back foot on a 5 step drop and there’s nobody near him.

But yes, we didn’t run it well enough against good teams. 100%.
To be fair, everyone’s numbers go down against good. Especially, when everyone knows you’re going to run the ball because your QB throws picks or you have a true freshman back there.

I'm not saying Dawson is brilliant. There were lots of times I felt he made mistakes with how he handled TVD. The jury is still out.

But to say Dawson put TVD in drop-back passing plays and aggravated the kid's yips is just not accurate. He was in shot most of the time. He also had checkdowns that he used wayyyyy too often because the defense knew how to stress him.

Could the routes have been more friendly? Sure. But TVD was his own worst enemy. My biggest problem with Dawson is he gave TVD too much rope, too much decision authority, not the reverse.

I think as we see and say Mario is more on the conservative side. Dawson I think is on the other side coming from the air raid they for the most part run alot of plays are more aggressive on offense. You can see the more they lost trust in TVD the more conservative they got. I think it completely threw Dawson off his game. Couldn't go uptempo couldn't take shots down the field everytime he ran a pass play its like you could feel it in the play they didn't wanna lose because of TVD and it put the whole team in a shell. Long story short I don't think we see that at all with Ward and this offense will look alot more how it's suppose too. We didn't have a QB 🤷‍♂️ not much anyone could have done different.

Advertisement
And when the coaches had to dial it back and try to remain conservative in hopes we could stop Tyler from shooting us in the foot and our RBs stepped up especially Fletcher.

And you’re not watching the games. TVD spent most offensive snaps in shotgun. I’m sorry brother. I don’t like Cane on Cane blood but I had to catch a body with that made up BS lol!!!
None of this is a real response to what i said lmao what body? We talking football leave the extra ****t out

This is Mario’s opportunity to show off his new and improved kneel game. I want to see good form. I want to see the clock milked properly. And no timeouts during kneel time. I expect a lot in year 3.
I’m sure he will land his initial kneeling but I do suspect it will look a little awkward

IMG_2854.gif

A: coaches made multiple adjustments for Tyler throughout the season. We can go back and watch game versus game if you’d like but you clearly have missed my previous posts stating coaches need to upgrade adjustments in game, but especially Dawson needed to be more creative. He needs to utilize pre snap options, include TEs and RBs better, more motion and I feel he will be more comfortable doing that with Ward. It doesn’t negate TVDs “historical collapse”. Can you name a UM streak of 5 games that bad. Or a season as mystifying as his ups and downs

A: I’m agreeing with you Dawson needs to improve. Again I said I’ll rewatch but the coaches did make adjustments. They made changes after GaTech to UNC. When he threw the two crucial picks in the 3rd quarter. The game was out of reach, despite a statistically strong game. He was pressing throws when he had open WRs.

A: I played football from 6 to college when I was a Junior and blew out my knee. How are you calling anyone “uninformed fans” when you’re comparing our coaches to Any Reid not only now one of GOAT coaches, especially offensive ingenuity wise, but with also a once in a generational QB a possible GOAT as well? Those are completely different scenarios considering QB is the position with Ultimate Impact on a game.

A: Again let’s do a game per day analysis of TVD and how plays were being called versus defensive fronts. How many times TVD forces throws but most importantly as TVD lost himself he lost his team too. He was not a vocal leader accepting responsibility and assuring teammates he got the next. Nope he put his head down, mopes to the bench, and sits alone.

A: I have nothing but respect and while I stated gameday adjustments need to be upgraded. I also said I’m willing to rewatch film. My other post preemptive to this was saying a lot fans just continue to **** on Mario constantly regurgitating negative hate without bring any new insight/ information/ analysis. Question for you do you think Mario hasn’t been made aware of our concerns regarding gameday management/adjustments? Off the problems with the team that needed to be fixed, do you think he didn’t attack them? I expect 10 wins next season unless Ward injury occurs. If it’s not this year incredible recruiter but the fit here. I assure you that no one is working harder or cares more about this program and players.

A: I’ve addressed this multiple times. I see plenty of mishaps from coaches that can be corrected but the coaches were not the reason for 7-6. Again I’ll go through film again. But again name a QB who has had a remotely similar up and down season. Or a QB post Kelly that has had a 5 game stretch as bad as TVD. Mario was playing a guessing game with whether Jeckyl or Hyde was showing up each week.

A: How do we know the coaches weren’t allowing him to do that before his play became effectively a form of self sabotage and they reigned in the offense with Emory and clear lumbering UVA / NcState.

A: Like I said I’ve played college ball so I do lean toward having a certain level of respect for my coach. Especially one like Mario who genuinely cares for his players and wants nothing but the best. I also believe more in player accountability than most. I’m not making excuses. Plenty of blame to go around. In year 2 the team was more talented and competitive. I honestly believe with semi consistent QB play. We win 9 which was my call preseason.

Lastly nothing but respect.

@TheOriginalCane…..

GIF by Golden Globes

Advertisement
Back