Mario and Mirabal’s Offensive Mentality

What I’m trying

What I’ve been screaming from the mountain tops. If TVD doesn’t have a mental crisis we win 9-10. It is Mario’s fault for not bringing in a guy like Poff last year.

Agreed on a guy like Poff. We should not have lost to GT or Rutgers. That’s 9 wins. We had a 10 win roster and ended up with 7 wins. Unacceptable.

Advertisement
There was plenty of creativeness and passing in the offense until Van Dyke went into the tank and gifted teams a couple of wins. I guess people want to keep putting QBs in harms way even if he's costing us games

No. We expect our coaches to adjust. This kind of post implies that there is absolutely nothing we could do to adjust to Van Dykes struggles. Which is simply asinine.

Louisville QB is in no way shape or form better than Tyler. Yet, Brohm simplified the game. Toned down his reads. Schemed guys open to give him easy passes to keep drives going.

Instead of asking a struggling QB to be Peyton Manning. Help em out with some scheme. Those lil dink and dunk play action plays killed us.

They didnt take much. Make the defense think. Take the lil 5 yard dump off to the TE. Aint gotta worry bout reading coverages and all that.

To act like our coaches couldnt have done that is INSANE. Its ok to say " The coaches could have done better"

Ron Turner schemed Rex 'GatorTrash' Grossman to a ****** superbowl appearance. Come on guys. Hold these coaches accountable.

No. We expect our coaches to adjust. This kind of post implies that there is absolutely nothing we could do to adjust to Van Dykes struggles. Which is simply asinine.

Louisville QB is in no way shape or form better than Tyler. Yet, Brohm simplified the game. Toned down his reads. Schemed guys open to give him easy passes to keep drives going.

Instead of asking a struggling QB to be Peyton Manning. Help em out with some scheme. Those lil dink and dunk play action plays killed us.

They didnt take much. Make the defense think. Take the lil 5 yard dump off to the TE. Aint gotta worry bout reading coverages and all that.

To act like our coaches couldnt have done that is INSANE. Its ok to say " The coaches could have done better"

Ron Turner schemed Rex 'GatorTrash' Grossman to a ****** superbowl appearance. Come on guys. Hold these coaches accountable.
Canezum -

What are you not understanding about * historic type mental/physical breakdown. And he mentally broke first. The coaches did try to adjust and despite his total collapse vs GaTech were there were lots of open WRs, but he constantly forced throws.
They came back at UNC and had some early success with Van Dyke but he mentally self destructed again pressing throws and missing open WRs. He stil statistically had an above average game. But just had some crucial Ints. (What was wrong with the adjustment that game?)

Due to injury you play Emory versus Clemson and game plan being limited obviously with a true freshman.

TVD played for 0TDs and 2 interceptions in UVA game.

TVD comes back again for NcState. He blows it big time they tried to open it up still. NC state played a lot of man cover 2. I remember specifically him forcing double coverage to X on one pick when he could have waited one second for Walton to finish his chip block then roll into the flat for 20. NcState was that deep across the board. He is officially benched now.

At this point he has 10 picks thrown in the last 5 games with 3 losses. UVA he was saved.

Next we go into FSU at their house and make a **** of a game until Emory gets injured. TVD comes in at a tough spot but finishes it with an INT again.

Louisville he actually plays a pretty solid game with multiple picks no Ints. The defense for Louisville played all different fronts and coverages. Now like you said Brohm was ultra creative and outcoached Guidry no doubt but you can’t blame Dawson that game. He was plenty open and creative.

Against BC again he lights up the field. With multiple TDs and zero picks. I believe he finishes the last three games with 5 TDS and no picks. Then I guess he does us favor by not playing in a bowl game so we could started on the portal hunt for Ward on the long run.

If you can’t see how savage his gameplay affected our season and how our coaches had no clue what QB was showing up that gameday. 5 TDS 11 picks in a stretch of 5 games in the heart of your season. 4 losses and OT bailout. 14TDs and 1 INT in 6 impressive games with only 1 loss. The ups and downs couldn’t have been more dramatic. The fact that he able to recover at the end of the year shows the coaches were really trying all year to coach him back into the right headspace.

And this post is implying they didn't adjust. You honestly think the didn't "adjust". Here's the facts, the offense was effecient, creative, explosive, and pass heavy against Texas A&M. Through 4 games Van Dyke had 11 pass touchdowns and lead the ACC in QBR & Comp PCT. Even in the 5th game GT the offense started off creative and explosive, in that game we literrally beat ourselves (Dumb penalties #3 and ill-advised throws #9). They remained confident the offense was again creative and productive in the 1st half Van Dyke performed better against North Carolina but ultimately lost that game due to a a slew of turnovers and the D giving up 41 points. For context we were up 17-14 at the half. 2 turnovers on the 1st 2 drives of the 2nd half (1 bad snap and one terrible throw), put us down 28-17 midway through the 3rd quarter.

I was creating an extensive reply to this but my text got deleted gathering my info to provide rhe facts, so I'm not writing all that again. My advice to you is to go rewatch Texas A&M GT and NC games. They literally are effecient effective explosive and creative gameplans the difference between the Win and Losses is turnovers (execution by players) GT Van Dyke lost that game by himself. NC we were up 17-14 at the half and turned the ball over on the 1st 2 drives of the 2nd half (bad snap and bad interception). We gave up 41 as a defense in that game as a result. As a coach if you go on a 2 game losing streak due to turnovers, how would you decide to "Adjust". I would take a more conservative approach to the offense, which they did and it resulted in two wins. The fact is they did adjust. YOU just don't like the approach. But ANY logical fan that understands the game would understand why they decided to be more conservative, based on what actually happened on the field. Ultimately the coaches are responsible because personnel is their responsibility too, however to say they didn't adjust or didn't coach well or put players in position to succeed is just dumb.

And this post is implying they didn't adjust. You honestly think the didn't "adjust". Here's the facts, the offense was effecient, creative, explosive, and pass heavy against Texas A&M. Through 4 games Van Dyke had 11 pass touchdowns and lead the ACC in QBR & Comp PCT. Even in the 5th game GT the offense started off creative and explosive, in that game we literrally beat ourselves (Dumb penalties #3 and ill-advised throws #9). They remained confident the offense was again creative and productive in the 1st half Van Dyke performed better against North Carolina but ultimately lost that game due to a a slew of turnovers and the D giving up 41 points. For context we were up 17-14 at the half. 2 turnovers on the 1st 2 drives of the 2nd half (1 bad snap and one terrible throw), put us down 28-17 midway through the 3rd quarter.

I was creating an extensive reply to this but my text got deleted gathering my info to provide rhe facts, so I'm not writing all that again. My advice to you is to go rewatch Texas A&M GT and NC games. They literally are effecient effective explosive and creative gameplans the difference between the Win and Losses is turnovers (execution by players) GT Van Dyke lost that game by himself. NC we were up 17-14 at the half and turned the ball over on the 1st 2 drives of the 2nd half (bad snap and bad interception). We gave up 41 as a defense in that game as a result. As a coach if you go on a 2 game losing streak due to turnovers, how would you decide to "Adjust". I would take a more conservative approach to the offense, which they did and it resulted in two wins. The fact is they did adjust. YOU just don't like the approach. But ANY logical fan that understands the game would understand why they decided to be more conservative, based on what actually happened on the field. Ultimately the coaches are responsible because personnel is their responsibility too, however to say they didn't adjust or didn't coach well or put players in position to succeed is just dumb.
It’s like we were on the same brain stream this morning.

I hope you read my post just before yours. It’s pretty much goes through the game by game break down of how chaotic his season was. He had 4 games and a drive at FSU that were unexplainable how poor they were. The game game ACC stretch right in the middle of the season.

Just to edit my stats. The last two games he had 3 TDs and zero picks.

Advertisement
It’s like we were on the same brain stream this morning.

I hope you read my post just before yours. It’s pretty much goes through the game by game break down of how chaotic his season was. He had 4 games and a drive at FSU that were unexplainable how poor they were. The game game ACC stretch right in the middle of the season.

Just to edit my stats. The last two games he had 3 TDs and zero picks.

Too inconsistent to win games with. When he was right he was right when he was bad he was bad. I don't undertsand how people don't see that.

Advertisement
The fact that he able to recover at the end of the year shows the coaches were really trying all year to coach him back into the right headspace.
It also points to a guy who got hurt against UNC and wasn't healthy until the UL game. The idea that he forgot how to play and then remembered again out of the blue doesn't make any sense to me.

There were forced throws against GT and UNC but if you watch the NC State and UVA games, he's just got nothing physically. It wasn't bad decisions, he had no juice on his throws. He shouldn't have been asked to start those games.

It also points to a guy who got hurt against UNC and wasn't healthy until the UL game. The idea that he forgot how to play and then remembered again out of the blue doesn't make any sense to me.

There were forced throws against GT and UNC but if you watch the NC State and UVA games, he's just got nothing physically. It wasn't bad decisions, he had no juice on his throws. He shouldn't have been asked to start those games.
I stated it was mental and physical but he also lied to coaches about the severity of his injuries. But his reads were still off without any zip. Like I side a completely bizarre and epic collapse of a season.

Fun for whom?

Man, just fun. Lol

-Mario vs. Manny (the battle of Maribros & the tucked away, hidden Lispy Crew)

-Is FSU a one hit wonder & Norvell is a poor coach who caught breaks in 2023?

-Was TVD really as bad of a QB here or was it scheme as he takes his “talents” to Madison?

-Was TVD the issue for our 7-6 season as we usher in the Cam Ward era?

-Will Vegas finally get it right w/ our over & under? (Currently set at 9.5)

Man, fun story lines.

Advertisement
Man, just fun. Lol

-Mario vs. Manny (the battle of Maribros & the tucked away, hidden Lispy Crew)

-Is FSU a one hit wonder & Norvell is a poor coach who caught breaks in 2023?

-Was TVD really as bad of a QB here or was it scheme as he takes his “talents” to Madison?

-Was TVD the issue for our 7-6 season as we usher in the Cam Ward era?

-Will Vegas finally get it right w/ our over & under? (Currently set at 9.5)

Man, fun story lines.

Don’t forget about G5 Billy…

Advertisement
Very fair. The get up by a score and call off the dogs playbook may prove valuable here...practice the kneel at the end and he keeps his job...
This is Mario’s opportunity to show off his new and improved kneel game. I want to see good form. I want to see the clock milked properly. And no timeouts during kneel time. I expect a lot in year 3.

This is Mario’s opportunity to show off his new and improved kneel game. I want to see good form. I want to see the clock milked properly. And no timeouts during kneel time. I expect a lot in year 3.
The culture of kneeling is what his staunchest supporters have been preaching... I misinterpreted their kneeling...

Advertisement
Back