Marcus Lewis

Advertisement
A guy name Ryan Bartow on 247 said he has academic concerns and that's why the big programs like clemson, michigan and etc cooled on him.

**** is still goldens fault. If those other programs can dig and look at the situation why can't you.

A guy name Ryan Bartow on 247 said he has academic concerns and that's why the big programs like clemson, michigan and etc cooled on him.

**** is still goldens fault. If those other programs can dig and look at the situation why can't you.

It's Golden's fault for not having replacements. Fenton?

Advertisement
Sounds like a core class/credit issue. This bites us every year. In that sense it is out of the coach's control. But as UMJer very accurately stated, what IS in their control, is having sufficient back-up plans and having layers of contingencies for this. There is a ton of quality local kids at this position. Its great if you want to chase a hot OOS kid, but make sure you have some local ballers on the line to either complement, or who you feel strongly will jump on board if the others fall through.

I would guess they knew about Lewis a few days ago, which is why Fenton finally got the offer. As others have said though, with our current depth, it really didn't have to be an either or situation. Someone like Fenton should have been already on board.

Unless there is an issue with the numbers, or there are some silents they feel better about, this is really an inexcusable situation at this point.

I just have no words, 01Canes pretty much nailed it.

A 2 year haul of Mayes (reach) and Jackson (SEC country kid w/o SEC offers). 6 CBs on our whole roster. 4 are SR and JR. This all a few weeks after Golden was complaining about this situation (one he put himself it). Meanwhile Auburn, UGA, etc are plucking CBs from this area we either didn't offer or insulted them by offering last minute. All this in his 5th year.

This is either ineptitude or straight up intentional sabotage.

Don't believe the Davis stuff for a second

Advertisement
Sounds like a core class/credit issue. This bites us every year. In that sense it is out of the coach's control. But as UMJer very accurately stated, what IS in their control, is having sufficient back-up plans and having layers of contingencies for this. There is a ton of quality local kids at this position. Its great if you want to chase a hot OOS kid, but make sure you have some local ballers on the line to either complement, or who you feel strongly will jump on board if the others fall through.

I would guess they knew about Lewis a few days ago, which is why Fenton finally got the offer. As others have said though, with our current depth, it really didn't have to be an either or situation. Someone like Fenton should have been already on board.

Unless there is an issue with the numbers, or there are some silents they feel better about, this is really an inexcusable situation at this point.

Agreed. Coaches MUST have plans A, B, and C. This seems to kill Jim Morris every year. He never seems to have a good backup plan for the draft.

I just have no words, 01Canes pretty much nailed it.

A 2 year haul of Mayes (reach) and Jackson (SEC country kid w/o SEC offers). 6 CBs on our whole roster. 4 are SR and JR. This all a few weeks after Golden was complaining about this situation (one he put himself it). Meanwhile Auburn, UGA, etc are plucking CBs from this area we either didn't offer or insulted them by offering last minute. All this in his 5th year.

This is either ineptitude or straight up intentional sabotage.

Don't believe the Davis stuff for a second

You know what's going to make it even more frustrating? When these coaches look to add the Jake Heaps of CBs on the waiver wire because of their own criminal negligence and utter ineptitude at recruiting the position these past couple years. A head coach at Miami needing to scour the waiver wire for cornerbacks in their fifth year on the job. Never thought I'd see the day.

We're legitimately going to need a half-dozen CBs in 2016, but who the **** is going to want to come here to play corner in this defense for Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams? Carlton Davis admitted their questionable development and refusal to play more press-man caused him to commit elsewhere, so I'm sure other local talent feels the same way.

And who does everyone here have as the Fenton/Arnette/Dinson/Hoggins types for 2016? The corners who are obviously UM caliber, but the staff completely neglects for no valid reason.

Advertisement
Lol Devante Davis is straight trash at corner no different then Ryan Mayes...Lol I dont even want him..ill let you ****gots get caught up with stars..boy is trash... Point is we didn offer Fenton for hopes that we get Lewis..How'd that work out for us in the past?

Advertisement
Lol Devante Davis is straight trash at corner no different then Ryan Mayes...Lol I dont even want him..ill let you ****gots get caught up with stars..boy is trash... Point is we didn offer Fenton for hopes that we get Lewis..How'd that work out for us in the past?

Why are you so agitated?

Advertisement
Back