Marcus Lewis

Hstokes1447

Junior
4 star CB Marcus Lewis has Florida in the lead with Miami close second and the biggest threat to overtake them. This is my favorite CB in this class and I would love to have this kid on this team.

Advertisement
Love his length he could come in and get playing time right away, hopefully UM has him rated highly on their board would love to get this kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lewis is a stud and should be one of our top priorities at DB.

Potentially going head-to-head against UF's T-Rob, though? Not ideal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nice looking prospect! Fast, not afraid to lay the wood, good hips, and a nice kick return guy. Would love to have him. His film doesn't scream 4.38, though, but he's plenty fast.

Advertisement
Why don't you guys just marry the guy..suckin em off like you guys are getting paid or something. We went up against plenty of high-profiled recruiters for our fair share of recruits, C.Thomas, J.Yearby, B.Kayaa from this past cycle A.Burns, D.Bush, Duke, T.Howard from previous cycles (don't know how we pulled him from your God T-Rob -_-). And this was with all the bs those high-profiled recruits were feeding the kids about us and our previous "situation". If he wants to be a Cane then he'll be a Cane come NSD '15.

..nothing too new just UF is his leader with us (UM) being "on their heels"..I don't want to read too much into our pursuit of this guy but I think they see M.Fitzpatrick as a long shot as of now and are looking into the next elite. Thats not to say they wont take both if they both wanted in but with so many CB's in our own backyard I would think the other spot or two would go to them...Per Nate Adelson writer for ITU.com

One of their stops was at Gonzaga High in Washington, D.C., for a visit with highly coveted cornerback Marcus Lewis (6-1, 187).

“Coach Williams came by to show his face and check in for a little bit,” Lewis said. “That was all he could do but I really appreciate him coming up here. It means I’m a big priority and I really take that into consideration. I love Miami and my mom does too.”

Since Williams is his primary recruiter, Lewis had already developed a strong relationship. It developed even more when he first visited Miami a month ago.

“I love him as a person and as a coach so seeing him meant a great deal to me,” Lewis said. “He’s such a straight up guy that I know he’s telling me the truth. He’ll be real with you whether you want it or not. He’s going to coach you hard and he only accepts your best. That’s the biggest thing I like about him.”

Lewis has a truckload of elite offers but he named four that rank the highest. With plenty more trips on the horizon, not to mention official visits, his recruitment is far from over.

“I would say Florida is ahead right now but Miami is basically right on their heels,” Lewis said. “Clemson and Kentucky are a couple more schools I like a lot too. I’m heading back to Virginia Tech on the 26th for their spring game. I’m planning trips to Clemson and Notre Dame, I haven’t set it up yet but they’re probably next.”

Lewis has already been able to visit a good amount of his lengthy list of schools. That has allowed him to formulate a very clear list of what he wants in a college.

“The first thing I think about is how well it fits me academically,” Lewis said. “I pay attention to class sizes and student-teacher ratio. Early playing time is really important for me. I want to make an immediate impact whether it’s starting or just being in the rotation a lot. The third thing is finding a place that feels like home with the campus life and where I would want to spend four years.”

It’s pretty easy to see why Lewis has become such a hot commodity. In addition to his fairly obvious physical gifts, he carries himself in an impressive manner.

“I’m a physical guy and I like to tackle,” Lewis said. “I play a lot of press man so I’m used to jamming guys at the line. Then I have 4.3 speed and I’m fast enough to run with about anybody. Other people compare me to Patrick Peterson because we have a lot of attributes in common. He’s a great return man and I do that too.”

Lewis carries a grade of 93 from 247Sports, ranking him as the 15th best athlete in the nation and 2nd overall in Washington, D.C.

Advertisement
Back