Marcus Gayot

Advertisement
I figure as long as he is a SS and not FS, his lack of top speed should not be that big of an issue. Esp since I figure JCarter is the FS of the future.

Advertisement
Taylor Mays was a **** good ball player in college.

I'd say his senior season was fairly underwhelming. I distinctly remember him displaying a lack of ball skills and instincts

USC hid him up until his senior year which is what many teams do with future NFL busts

should have been made a linebacker, just like Ray Ray.

Difference is UM didn't hide Ray Rays flaws because they didnt have good enough cbs and **** sure didn't have good enough other safeties

Mays was the product of too much hype. He was big and could run so he got tagged as "next Sean Taylor", which is the exact phrase that John Dorsey's son used to describe him to me at a party (for the record, I laughed). Reality was he was limited laterally and was more a run support guy, a poor man's Roy Williams.

Gayot could be awesome for us if we use him correctly. If we try to make him a centerfielder, probably will be exposed in coverage. Just my 2 cents.

Mike Farrell ‏@rivalsmike 34s
Hearing #MichiganState leads for 4 star safety Kiy Hester but #Miami visit this weekend will be huge.

Wonder what if Hester decides to commit first if we blow him away this weekend

Gotta like that Michigan State wants the kid. After watching that defense over the past few weeks, I would take the "Wisconsin O-Line" approach with them and just copy whoever they offer at DB and linebacker. Michigan State has gone right into the LSU/Bama territory, wherein if they offer you on defense, I'm sold.

Too bad Michigan State pretty much runs the exact opposite style of defense that we do.

Advertisement
you guys realize that mays was a 3 time first team all american and a 2nd team all american as a freshman

you guys realize that mays was a 3 time first team all american and a 2nd team all american as a freshman

And a second round draft pick who is still playing in the NFL for the Bengals....... I"ll take that any day over who we got playing back there now and no one can tell me that our safeties are better than he was in college.

I hope Miami knows the cardinals are "coming after the u" this game could have recruiting effects down the line especially if strong stays at UL. Would love to beat their ***.

There is no rivalry with Louisville...at least not from Miami's end. Miami is on the southern tip of Florida ...Louisville is......... in Kentucky. No one recruits better than Butch Davis and UNC fans got ahead of themselves too. There will be no "...recruiting effects down the line" .

And a second round draft pick who is still playing in the NFL for the Bengals....... I"ll take that any day over who we got playing back there now and no one can tell me that our safeties are better than he was in college.
I would take Mays all day if thats who Gayot becomes it's just that he wont be a complete safety so you have to take the good with the bad

Advertisement

He was basically a Nickel LB for the Bengals until he went to the IR.

This kid is nowhere near the specimen that Mays is, but that being said I would still take the kid, but I kinda see him as an LB to be honest. SI he a tweener in our system? Not fast enough for S, but smallish for an LB?

Don't like this kid at safety linebacker all the way hes gonna be 230lbs in no time we need safeties and I don't like the staff sense of ergency.....

Advertisement
I hope Miami knows the cardinals are "coming after the u" this game could have recruiting effects down the line especially if strong stays at UL. Would love to beat their ***.

There is no rivalry with Louisville...at least not from Miami's end. Miami is on the southern tip of Florida ...Louisville is......... in Kentucky. No one recruits better than Butch Davis and UNC fans got ahead of themselves too. There will be no "...recruiting effects down the line" .
There doesn't need to be a rivalry to have an effect. If miami is recruiting the same player as louisville next yr and they beat our *** then it could have an effect. Thanks for pointing out the geographic location of Louisville as I wasn't sure.

There doesn't need to be a rivalry to have an effect. If miami is recruiting the same player as louisville next yr and they beat our *** then it could have an effect. Thanks for pointing out the geographic location of Louisville as I wasn't sure.

264.gif

I've stated before that I'd rather have a coverage safety like Hester or Neal (his film is as good as Gayot's) over a hitter like Gayot.

A hit-first guy like Gayot is basically a walking targeting rule. He won't be very helpful to us once he takes a guy's head off and is done for the game.

Someone remind Strong and co. that they should worry about beating UCF before thinkg they run the state of Florida

Advertisement
Back