Marcus Gayot

1jamaicancane

Senior
- Before the UM/Louisville bowl game he will visit UM one more time. “I’ve been to almost all their home games this year and I’m going back Friday night for practice,” Gayot said. “I’ve visited a lot and to be honest, it feels like I’m very much already on the team. When I step on campus, all the players and the coaches know me. We have that connection and they greet me like they do each other.”

- He has close friendships with 2 of UMs commits currently. That’s another thing, I’m friends with Kc McDermott from Palm Beach Central and Darrell Langham from Santaluces,” Gayot said. “If all of us go to the same school at the same time, we would be great together. I would already feel comfortable with those bonds on and off the field.”

- Louisville has a favorable depth chart with 1 safety leaving as a senior and another projected to leave early which leaves 1 scholarship safety. UM though has his eye

- Louisville is hyping this game up as a statement fame for the program. “The game coming up, they told me they’re coming after the ‘U’,” Gayot said. “They brought up how Louisville takes all these great Florida players but I don’t really look at it like that. Miami is close by and my family could go to every home game. I would have a great opportunity at playing time with two senior safeties leaving.”

- He wants to make a decision a week or 2 after the game because he's 50/50 and with the way he's been at UM its an advantage because he cant do that with Louisville.

- He sees himself as a hard hitter at the next level. “I play the game physically and fast paced,” Gayot said. “I converted to strong safety and you need to have a presence at that position. I would pick somebody like Taylor Mays as a player I look at. I followed him at USC when he was one of the top guys.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Coming-Hard-After-DB-Gayot-165867

Advertisement
Would be a great addition to the class, my guess is the bowl game is extra important to this one.

Does he currently have an offer here? I hope so, he would be a nice pick-up along with hopefully Hester

Advertisement
Stop playing Taylor Mays Jr season was one for the ages. If he left to the draft he would have been a top 5 pick. Mays got exposed in his senior season.

Mike Farrell ‏@rivalsmike 34s
Hearing #MichiganState leads for 4 star safety Kiy Hester but #Miami visit this weekend will be huge.

Wonder what if Hester decides to commit first if we blow him away this weekend

Advertisement
Would take Taylor Mays, for all his faults, over Rogers and Highsmith. This is about improving positional depth, not finding the next Sean Taylor every **** time.

Hearing #MichiganState leads for 4 star safety Kiy Hester but #Miami visit this weekend will be huge.

same guy that said deon was all auburn right before he committed

Advertisement
I hope Miami knows the cardinals are "coming after the u" this game could have recruiting effects down the line especially if strong stays at UL. Would love to beat their ***.

Would take Taylor Mays, for all his faults, over Rogers and Highsmith. This is about improving positional depth, not finding the next Sean Taylor every **** time.

SPOT ON! it'll be interesting though, if 1 of them commits, how will it affect other db targets

Gotta like that Michigan State wants the kid. After watching that defense over the past few weeks, I would take the "Wisconsin O-Line" approach with them and just copy whoever they offer at DB and linebacker. Michigan State has gone right into the LSU/Bama territory, wherein if they offer you on defense, I'm sold.

Advertisement

same guy that said deon was all auburn right before he committed

Hmm good point but we can agree with Jenkins and the good relationship he has with the staff, Olsen and AQM that we can pull it off

Advertisement
Back