Marcus Clarke

Well, if they can add one of Clarke or George, it's a decent class, just not the kind of DB haul you'd expect Miami to have.

Likely the 2nd year in a row our DL class looks better than our DB class.

Advertisement
Hodges had a pretty good season last year with 34tcks 25PBU's & 4INT's (1INT TD) against 8A Broward talent and he's going to get better this Senior season.

Hodges is not getting dropped from this class no matter how many people hope & wish for it. For one, it would have huge negative effects in our recruiting locally to accept his commitment the way we did only to drop him, later in the year when he's one of the most staunch ambassadors for our class, the kid absolutely loves the u.

And for 2, Rumph feels he can mold him into a legit player on the college level due to how much natural cover ability he has despite the fact he's super raw. Hodges has cover skills that you can't teach, he's just not a pure blazer but he's a technician at Corner & Rumph can work with that.

I get why people don't like him, I'm just telling yall the staff not dropping him.
I have no problem with him either but if we are taking 2 corners I rather have those 2. I would tell him he needs to ball to keep his spot

Hodges had a pretty good season last year with 34tcks 25PBU's & 4INT's (1INT TD) against 8A Broward talent and he's going to get better this Senior season.

Hodges is not getting dropped from this class no matter how many people hope & wish for it. For one, it would have huge negative effects in our recruiting locally to accept his commitment the way we did only to drop him, later in the year when he's one of the most staunch ambassadors for our class, the kid absolutely loves the u.

And for 2, Rumph feels he can mold him into a legit player on the college level due to how much natural cover ability he has despite the fact he's super raw. Hodges has cover skills that you can't teach, he's just not a pure blazer but he's a technician at Corner & Rumph can work with that.

I get why people don't like him, I'm just telling yall the staff not dropping him.

Agree 100%. I really like the kid and don’t mind the take at all. Points exactly like what you stated but if the kid were to all the sudden run sub 4.6 everyone would be a huge fan. He has the hips for a corner. I would be bothered if we dropped him personally speaking.

because of the 40 time people have this notion that hodges is a bad athlete, but the rest of his testing numbers meet the thresholds lance has outlined for a productive P5 DB.

imo the coaches basically see him as a DJ ivey type press corner prospect. just based on his tape, he looks to have pretty long arms. his tape also shows him repeatedly attacking the ball, and we know this staff wants kids who make plays on the field and like to hit.

Advertisement

Definitely wouldn't call him a technician but I agree on the dropping part. I think it was a mistake taking him but now he's not the type that you can drop he has passion for the school and is way too far in to drop.

I have no problem with him either but if we are taking 2 corners I rather have those 2. I would tell him he needs to ball to keep his spot
I think we'll take 2 or 3, Brian George, Marcus Clarke & Hodges.

But I'm still wondering how they view Daran Branch, because it'll make a big difference if they see him at S or CB.

If they see him as a CB, I think they'll take George & Hodges, if they see Branch as a Safety, I think we'll take Clarke & George for now.

He looks like the type of athlete that will blow up later. He looks good with the ball in his hands and could excel on offense or defense. I wanted his teammate Pouncey but I'm warming up the Clarke. His speed shows in his highlights.

I agree that with his tools he's the better prospect than Hodges. What I like about Hodges is his length and production at CB but his speed scares me for a guy that is listed at 6'1 155. I'd much rather have the 5'11 175 lb Clarke.
Ya really like/liked Pouncey would be amazing if that was still an option somehow

because of the 40 time people have this notion that hodges is a bad athlete, but the rest of his testing numbers meet the thresholds lance has outlined for a productive P5 DB.

imo the coaches basically see him as a DJ ivey type press corner prospect. just based on his tape, he looks to have pretty long arms. his tape also shows him repeatedly attacking the ball, and we know this staff wants kids who make plays on the field and like to hit.
I don't know can't talk for everyone else but I watched the tape before I knew his time and thought he was lacking that burst. I'm rooting for him because he seems like a really grounded good person but I just don't see it

Advertisement
I think we'll take 2 or 3, Brian George, Marcus Clarke & Hodges.

But I'm still wondering how they view Daran Branch, because it'll make a big difference if they see him at S or CB.

If they see him as a CB, I think they'll take George & Hodges, if they see Branch as a Safety, I think we'll take Clarke & George for now.
I think branch is a striker. He basically plays it in highschool now. If I could make the db class out of our remaining ppl. Would go francois, clarke, george, tennison. And Hodges as our 3rd corner if we take one. Then have branch at striker and drop Washington

Advertisement
Rumphs reputation as a developer will truly come into the light if nigel bethel becomes a serviceable corner. Here’s a guy with incredible natural athletic gifts who doesn’t have db skills. Now take Hodges. A kid with natural db ability but less athletic gifts. Time will tell
Hodges 6-1 6-2 that can cover and has natural movement. That is a physical gift. Once Feely gets him in the program, think Ivey.

Ethan Pouncey released his top 5 schools a month ago, it was Bama, Auburn, Texas, LSU & UF.

His older brother Jordan plays for Texas & he's first cousins with the infamous Pouncey twins from UF.

He ain't coming to Miami.
Yeah that's why I said somehow still an option (Chantz Williams style). I'm assuming he's out though

Advertisement
That would be a mistake.

We learned our lesson the hard way chasing after Lakeland kids last year.

Dennis is going to either Tenn, Auburn or UF.

What are you, some kind of amateur? How can Kendall Dennis go to UF when he isn't even in Gaytor Fan Meth's "mock class"? Clearly, when a kid isn't in Meth's "mock class", that means that the Gaytors are "not really recruiting him hard", or whatever excuse they make so that not landing a kid doesn't look as bad when he picks another school.

Come on, sir, I expect more of you. Obviously, Gaytor Fan Meth knows WAAAAY more about UF recruits than you do.

I'm sure the Gaytors will claim that Dennis is "not a take".

Rumphs reputation as a developer will truly come into the light if nigel bethel becomes a serviceable corner. Here’s a guy with incredible natural athletic gifts who doesn’t have db skills. Now take Hodges. A kid with natural db ability but less athletic gifts. Time will tell

No he already has a reputation stop reaching.

Well, if they can add one of Clarke or George, it's a decent class, just not the kind of DB haul you'd expect Miami to have.

Likely the 2nd year in a row our DL class looks better than our DB class.
That’s why the DB class is good enough. Trenches will take care of not landing 5 stars. DBs have length and ball skills, put that with the ability to tackle and a crazy pass rush, we have a defensive unit that we can win with.

Exactly

Advertisement
Back