Marcus Clarke

Advertisement
If we take him we don’t need to take him and Hodges both. We already have enough development guys as is. Some that will never play here. Looks like his primary position is WR or S? How many height/speed guys can we actually afford to take? If he’s a corner, does he cover or does he just run fast? If he’s a safety, can he do all the things Diaz asks his safeties to do in this defense?

If we take him we don’t need to take him and Hodges both. We already have enough development guys as is. Some that will never play here. Looks like his primary position is WR or S? How many height/speed guys can we actually afford to take? If he’s a corner, does he cover or does he just run fast? If he’s a safety, can he do all the things Diaz asks his safeties to do in this defense?
They want him at cb

Advertisement
They want him at cb

So he would be our 3rd CB take? Meaning we have two projects and Francois this year to go with only 2 guys last year and 1 is a definite nickel in Couch?I’m not in agreement. We need someone that can play boundary quicker than what we have or we are going to be staring at a bunch of really fast guys that can’t tackle or cover

If we take him we don’t need to take him and Hodges both. We already have enough development guys as is. Some that will never play here. Looks like his primary position is WR?
I understand what you are saying but UM will continue to get development guys until they start recruiting the top DBs in the nation. That being said I kinda of agree, he has the size and speed, but is super raw. Brian George has really good technique and great size, I think he should be #1 on the board.

Advertisement
So he would be our 3rd CB take? Meaning we have two projects and Francois this year to go with only 2 guys last year and 1 is a definite nickel in Couch?I’m not in agreement. We need someone that can play boundary quicker than what we have or we are going to be staring at a bunch of really fast guys that can’t tackle or cover
They taking francois at fs.

Advertisement
I think he is. Has the tools of someone the coaches should really want to get and develop. Definitely better than Hodges imo
He looks like the type of athlete that will blow up later. He looks good with the ball in his hands and could excel on offense or defense. I wanted his teammate Pouncey but I'm warming up the Clarke. His speed shows in his highlights.

I agree that with his tools he's the better prospect than Hodges. What I like about Hodges is his length and production at CB but his speed scares me for a guy that is listed at 6'1 155. I'd much rather have the 5'11 175 lb Clarke.

Advertisement
Eh the CB class isn’t looking too good right now. It’s a weak year in SFL for CBs with guys like Davis and Gray not interested. I’m assuming Clarke’s teammate Pouncey wasn’t interested either? Also what’s a kid like Miles Brooks committed to GT for? Doesn’t even look like we offered him. However, I do trust Rumph with developing guys. Just hoping for a better CB class on signing day.

Last edited:
Imo get marcus clarke and brian george. Make Hodges have a stellar season to keep a spot
Hodges had a pretty good season last year with 34tcks 25PBU's & 4INT's (1INT TD) against 8A Broward talent and he's going to get better this Senior season.

Hodges is not getting dropped from this class no matter how many people hope & wish for it. For one, it would have huge negative effects in our recruiting locally to accept his commitment the way we did only to drop him, later in the year when he's one of the most staunch ambassadors for our class, the kid absolutely loves the u.

And for 2, Rumph feels he can mold him into a legit player on the college level due to how much natural cover ability he has despite the fact he's super raw. Hodges has cover skills that you can't teach, he's just not a pure blazer but he's a technician at Corner & Rumph can work with that.

I get why people don't like him, I'm just telling yall the staff not dropping him.

Eh the CB class isn’t looking too good right now. It’s a weak year in SFL for CBs with guys like Davis and Gray not interested. I’m assuming Clarke’s teammate Pouncey wasn’t interested either? Also what’s a kid like Miles Brooks committed to GT for? Doesn’t even look like we offered him. However, I do trust Rumph with developing guys. Just hoping for a better CB class on signing day.
Rumphs reputation as a developer will truly come into the light if nigel bethel becomes a serviceable corner. Here’s a guy with incredible natural athletic gifts who doesn’t have db skills. Now take Hodges. A kid with natural db ability but less athletic gifts. Time will tell

Advertisement
Back