Marcus Clarke

Ball skills are what QBs fear, that’s why they don’t throw at good DBs. They know the field changes. I mean, he’s not 100% polished and finished but he definitely has tools to work with. I think once he starts getting stronger, especially in lower body, he’ll become faster. I feel ya tho, I like speed too. I think it’s becoming overrated with DBs tho bc most WRs are bigger targets that aren’t just blazers. Most DBs today need length and physicality.
I like the kid. He needs to learn more technique like every highschool kid but with rumph coaching I'm not worried only question I have about him is physicality that's something you can't teach in his tape you dont see alot of tackling and they're wasn't alot of 1 v1 tackling in what his tape showed

Advertisement
Well, if they can add one of Clarke or George, it's a decent class, just not the kind of DB haul you'd expect Miami to have.

Likely the 2nd year in a row our DL class looks better than our DB class.

Did you actually look at the 19 DB class???

Let me help you:
CB Christian Williams 4 star 0.93
CB Te'Cory Couch 4 star 0.89
S Keontra Smith 4 star 0.92

Portal
Bubba Bolden 4 star 0.97

I know there were a lot of guys that this staff missed on but please don't sleep on the guys who are here.

I mean of course he does, he’s going into his Sr year of high school and Ivey is a Sophomore in college. But Ivey has the same skill set and he was considered slow too... until he covered Jeff Thomas in a 7 on 7, then everybody said “maybe he can play” smh.
I'm speaking on Ivey in HS. Imo he was a much better player then Hodges at the HS level. You also projected Hodges in college by mentioning him getting in an S&C program. But regardless it's nothing to debate about because I hope you're right even though I don't agree. You being right means that we are getting a steal.

Advertisement
Ball skills are what QBs fear, that’s why they don’t throw at good DBs. They know the field changes. I mean, he’s not 100% polished and finished but he definitely has tools to work with. I think once he starts getting stronger, especially in lower body, he’ll become faster. I feel ya tho, I like speed too. I think it’s becoming overrated with DBs tho bc most WRs are bigger targets that aren’t just blazers. Most DBs today need length and physicality.
Thing is though DB doesn't know what's coming WR does so the DB needs that reactionary quickness/makeup speed to be good-elite. And if the opponent knows you don't have that speed you best believe they're going to try and exploit it. We'll see though it'll be interesting to see how much that speed can be improved. Probably the difference between flaming out and becoming a very good player I personally just don't see him improving to that extent

I think we'll take 2 or 3, Brian George, Marcus Clarke & Hodges.

But I'm still wondering how they view Daran Branch, because it'll make a big difference if they see him at S or CB.

If they see him as a CB, I think they'll take George & Hodges, if they see Branch as a Safety, I think we'll take Clarke & George for now.
I think I read that the staff sees Branch as a Safety with the possibility of moving to Striker.

Advertisement
If there is on thing that has plagued us during the resurgence of our defense play has been the ability for our LB’s to consistently read & react to running plays. That is the big reason we have consistently given up big plays in the run game. I believe the coaches are looking for backers with better diagnostic instincts, who play tough and an ability to get to consistently get to the ball. As good as Shaq has been, he would have been consistently in the 100+ tackle category each of his 4 years of starting.
One thing I've known about the 4-3 forcing defense is that it sometimes has the tendency to give up some big plays, especially on the ground. Jimmy Johnson, the best known proponent, has admitted that. I think Manny's defense is built on the same 4-3 slide that is Jimmy Johnson's favorite defense. The upside is that the defense attacks and creates havoc, making big defensive plays and turnovers.

So, I don't know how much is a problem with just poor LB play.

I like the kid. He needs to learn more technique like every highschool kid but with rumph coaching I'm not worried only question I have about him is physicality that's something you can't teach in his tape you dont see alot of tackling and they're wasn't alot of 1 v1 tackling in what his tape showed
I have seen one kid who couldn't tackle in HS become an NFL kick coverage player. This particular player developed a physical mentality as he went along...enough that he still gets headaches from his concussions.

I suspect done qualities are changeable, including speed and a physical mentality.

Did you actually look at the 19 DB class???

Let me help you:
CB Christian Williams 4 star 0.93
CB Te'Cory Couch 4 star 0.89
S Keontra Smith 4 star 0.92

Portal
Bubba Bolden 4 star 0.97

I know there were a lot of guys that this staff missed on but please don't sleep on the guys who are here.

4 Highschool All-Americans. We have definitely missed a bunch, but we are fortunate that DB & WR’s should always be easy to get in the long run.

Advertisement
One thing I've known about the 4-3 forcing defense is that it sometimes has the tendency to give up some big plays, especially on the ground. Jimmy Johnson, the best known proponent, has admitted that. I think Manny's defense is built on the same 4-3 slide that is Jimmy Johnson's favorite defense. The upside is that the defense attacks and creates havoc, making big defensive plays and turnovers.

So, I don't know how much is a problem with just poor LB play.

The real problem is that in manny scheme we don’t have ANY gap integrity. Our LBs just fly forward and fill whatever is there regardless of gap. That is also why our Safety's are relied upon so much in the run game. JJ4 cleaned up so much bull**** from LBs.

So Ivins said "he knows" one of the reasons they offered Royal was to put pressure on Clarke.

It’s really the best way to find out how serious a recruit is. **** or get off the pot.

Looks like Manny has done that with Cave and Denis as both moved up commit dates.

It’s really the best way to find out how serious a recruit is. **** or get off the pot.

Looks like Manny has done that with Cave and Denis as both moved up commit dates.
Yeah, if your looking we're looking. Sounds like they would rather get Clarke on board tho. He's suppose to be on campus this weekend with pops so maybe the pressure works?

Advertisement
So Ivins said "he knows" one of the reasons they offered Royal was to put pressure on Clarke.

Good. Hopefully Diaz continues this trend. There are tons of kids across America who would want to play for this program. You can’t let 3 star and fringe 4 star players hold you hostage

Advertisement
Back