Marcus Clarke enters the portal

Don't they also have Mookie Cooper? Thats a nice WR core right there for them.

Edit: I could actually just verify this by looking at their roster that contains photographic proof as well. Amazing.

Yes Cooper will play a lot he’s a backup now. Cooper, Lovett, and Burden are all St Louis area guys.

Advertisement
To be fair scaife played well at guard the second half of the season. Moving back to OT makes me nervous.

He's filled out more over the last year but he's still built more like a tackle than a guard and he's still got pretty good feet, but he's not talented enough or long enough arms to play tackle. His lack of strength hurts him at guard and we don't really upgrade our line by putting him at Center and having to remove Clark

Jmo.. I think our best line has him at RT with getting plenty of help. But again .. that's just my .02

Question - once a player enters the portal does his scholarship count towards the 85? Does his scholarship for that semester convert to a non-athletic scholarship?

Just wondering in a hypothetical situation where a team has 87 players and needs to get to 85, and two players enter the portal but don't end up transferring.

Question - once a player enters the portal does his scholarship count towards the 85? Does his scholarship for that semester convert to a non-athletic scholarship?

Just wondering in a hypothetical situation where a team has 87 players and needs to get to 85, and two players enter the portal but don't end up transferring.

It's up to the school whether or not to pull scholarship for the next semester

Your example, if the school is that tight on 85, they would pull theirs

Advertisement
He's our second outgoing transfer to land in the SEC, after Daz Worsham went to Auburn.

Some of the guys who could not compete or lost their positions here ended up on their feet:
Brad Jennings - Indiana
Corey Gaynor - North Carolina
Cody Brown - Virginia
Dee Wiggins - Louisville
Tirek Austin-Cave - West Virginia
(I don't know what to believe about Nesta Jade.)

It makes me realize our roster is not that bad, relative to other P5 teams other than Alabama/Georgia/Ohio State/Clemson/Oklahoma/Notre Dame. We have holes in our roster, but so does everyone else not named above.

He's our second outgoing transfer to land in the SEC, after Daz Worsham went to Auburn.

Some of the guys who could not compete or lost their positions here ended up on their feet:
Brad Jennings - Indiana
Cody Brown - Virginia
Dee Wiggins - Louisville

It makes me realize our roster is not that bad, relative to other P5 teams other than Alabama/Georgia/Ohio State/Clemson/Oklahoma/Notre Dame. We have holes in our roster, but so does everyone else not named above.
Nesta went to ASU (Arizona State)

Brad Jennings - Indiana
Cody Brown - Virginia
Dee Wiggins - Louisville

I'm honestly happy for them. They're clearly P5 level players. But all those programs are mediocre just like we have been. Reminds me of that CB Mike Williams coming from Wake. I knew we had sunk to mediocrity when he started during Golden's regime.

Advertisement

Brad Jennings - Indiana
Cody Brown - Virginia
Dee Wiggins - Louisville

Hightower at Illinois, too, made some catches last weekend

Brad Jennings - Indiana
Cody Brown - Virginia
Dee Wiggins - Louisville

Out of all our transfers, who did we really lose?

Out of all our transfers, who did we really lose?
No one unless TAC turns into a solid player. Jennings was one of the worst LB's I've seen here, Gaynor couldn't snap the ball to KIng among other things, Brown was slow as ****, Wiggins couldn't catch to save his life, Hall was probably the worst safety to ever play here and Highsmith Jr. and Kacy Rodgers played here.

Advertisement
No one unless TAC turns into a solid player. Jennings was one of the worst LB's I've seen here, Gaynor couldn't snap the ball to KIng among other things, Brown was slow as ****, Wiggins couldn't catch to save his life, Hall was probably the worst safety to ever play here and Highsmith Jr. and Kacy Rodgers played here.
I understand why Cody left because he was in danger of getting passed up by T. Citizen. TAC & Clarke were nice depth pieces. I believe Nesta would get J. Miller snaps on this revamped DL.

I understand why Cody left because he was in danger of getting passed up by T. Citizen. TAC & Clarke were nice depth pieces. I believe Nesta would get J. Miller snaps on this revamped DL.
I feel Clarke would have been buried if he stayed here, TAC I have no idea maybe he didn't care for the new staff, Nesta was a problem and a half in the locker room. He played hard but I'm glad he's gone. Take 18 years for Cody to get going, it was almost painful to see how slow he moved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back