Official MARCH MADNESS MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
Purdue is about to lose to a 16 seed lollllll

FAIRLEIGH ****INSON:

-FINISHED THE REGULAR SEASON 17-14 (10-6 CONF, 7-8 OOC)

-LOST CONFERENCE TOURNEY BY 1 POINT TO MERRIMACK COLLEGE
-GOT 16-SEED PLAY-IN BID BECAUSE MERRIMACK WAS INELIGIBLE

77456d44-9b51-4e1b-a0fd-4365e7890f74_text.gif

efaefd7b-d16c-4e5c-bdac-a2789b4c8319_text.gif

b2ffc570-c423-4706-abd3-c097ff9ebf93_text.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Penny isn’t a good coach.
I don’t think that’s a fair assessment.

He’s 111-52 with 68% win percentage in his first 5 years, with an AAC championship & has put 5 players in the NBA.

He turned the program around back to being a destination spot for recruits after the Tubby Smith debacle.

Tournament games are complete one-offs, I don’t think you can necessarily judge a coach strictly based on an early tourney exist. March Madness is complete randomness & mayhem by design, even the absolute best teams & coaches get beat in the tournament when it’s least expected.

Interesting that they had a 4/5 matchup of UVA and SDSU set up. Two very similar styles. Furman gets 2 of the tougher defenses in the 1st weekend.

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment.

He’s 111-52 with 68% win percentage in his first 5 years, with an AAC championship & has put 5 players in the NBA.

He turned the program around back to being a destination spot for recruits after the Tubby Smith debacle.

Tournament games are complete one-offs, I don’t think you can necessarily judge a coach strictly based on an early tourney exist. March Madness is complete randomness & mayhem by design, even the absolute best teams & coaches get beat in the tournament when it’s least expected.
I’m not saying he hasn’t done good things. But he benefits from being in a very weak conference. And one offs or not, I don’t believe his style is built for success in the tournament. They are chaos at the end of every close game. They lack composure and discipline.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back