Official MARCH MADNESS MEGA THREAD

Jon Scheyer made zero adjustments other than that zone. Zero offensive adjustments. Really pathetic showing by them
I had them losing opening round for a reason. They aren't that good. They can't defend. I don't care what the metrics show, other than lively blocking shots they defend poorly. He can't block everything. They were a poor shooting team pretty much all year.

Advertisement
Duke is getting jobbed by the refs. Something that’s never happened in the history of basketball.
Ain't the ACC which absolutely protects them. I knew they would not get to the Sweet Sixteen because they were not going to get the calls they get in Tobacco Road.

At least half of that Duke rotation is headed for the NBA I'd guess. Filipowski, Roach, Lively and maybe Proctor. Lively, even though he has no offensive game, might go the highest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There really aren’t any amazing teams this year
I was talking to a friend last night about inserting the D Rose Memphis or the KU squad they lost to into the tourney this year. Neither one would win by less than 20 points. Same with the UF teams, the John wall UK squad, and probably either of the Nova teams. I mean Baylor only lost 2 games all season in 2021.

I love college basketball, but it’s there hasn’t been a truly elite squad in a few years.

Advertisement
I was talking to a friend last night about inserting the D Rose Memphis or the KU squad they lost to into the tourney this year. Neither one would win by less than 20 points. Same with the UF teams, the John wall UK squad, and probably either of the Nova teams. I mean Baylor only lost 2 games all season in 2021.

I love college basketball, but it’s there hasn’t been a truly elite squad in a few years.
Which makes the tournament even better

The Portal has all but neutralized the talent disparity the Blue-Bloods used to have over every other program.

It hasn’t really had that effect in Football obviously, because you’re talking 60+ players per team, but in Basketball, all you really need is 2-3 good players from an addition standpoint & all of the sudden you’re on par with a top 10 team.

And also because of the extra Covid- year, teams have a lot more veteran experience, where players are older, more matured, more skilled & have a significant mental advantage over a younger 1 & done team, because they’re way more stoic & poised under pressure in crunch time. While young teams are frenetic & panicky when they’re playing in a close game late.

Teams are getting top scorers from Mid-Majors & D2 schools & adding them in with already maturated vet rosters & giving these transitional Powerhouse schools ****.

The Portal has allowed for the non-traditional powers to be specifically built for the Tournament, whereas the Bluebloods are built for Conference play, with their eyes towards NBA development. These other schools are only looking at the NBA as an aside to their ultimate goal, which is Deep tournament runs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back