Marcellius Pulliam Portal

I'm actually more upset about this one than any of our other departures so far. I feel like this guy had great tools and was legit gonna be a player for us on special teams and eventually in the LB rotation.
This! These kids gotta understand, if you go to any school that's worth a ****, someone's gonna always be in front of you. Work your *** off and MAKE the coaches move you up the depth chart. Now if the coaches are in a numbers crunch, and they tell you that you have to leave and find somewhere else to play...... well then, that's a different story. But this is college football in 2024.

Advertisement
Well, at least I know who the guys that cry at weddings are
IMG_4416.gif

Advertisement
Show Me The Money GIF by Uninterrupted

Good luck wherever he ends up but lets be real, these young men now days are scared of any type of competition and run to the hills when it shows up.. wth happened to grinding your *** off until you get burn or start even if it takes a few years.. If you aint starting as a true freshman sit your *** down... Loyalty all that jazz is gone its just me me me me me me me "im HIM" bihhhh plz shut the **** up you aint "him" get in the weight room hit the sleds and grind and you might be "him" one day... Obviously if coach told the player to kick rocks it is what it is..

God forbid this entitled generation spoon fed ipad watching softies compete in anything... wait until the real world smacks them in the face lmao

You guys wanted competition. Someone has to lose when there’s competition for spots. We’re no longer a second tier school that has to rely on developing three star recruits over 4 years. This is Miami. If you’re not progressing to our standards, we will recruit over you and/or fill your spot with a transfer who can do what we need. It sucks for those guys but this what elite programs do. Alabama wasn’t keeping developmental players on their roster. You either had it or they got someone else who did.

You guys wanted competition. Someone has to lose when there’s competition for spots. We’re no longer a second tier school that has to rely on developing three star recruits over 4 years. This is Miami. If you’re not progressing to our standards, we will recruit over you and/or fill your spot with a transfer who can do what we need. It sucks for those guys but this what elite programs do. Alabama wasn’t keeping developmental players on their roster. You either had it or they got someone else who did.
I am fine with this...but under this formula..Mario can never miss on any recruiting class. Meaning he needs to bring in top 5 or at worst top 7 recruiting classes every cycle or if he swings and misses even for one cycle..we are screwed and have to 100% rely on the portal to fill in the talent gaps. Bama could throw guys from the boat every offseason because they had 5* kids coming behind 5* kids like a revolving door.

Just take less prospects coming out of high school Nd use that for the portal . The taking taking to many 3 stars to fill a position of needs are over . Yes some are under rated but not as many as most Teams take. Kids will not wait 3 years to get developed
Quite the opposite. Why not take MORE prospects including 3 stars. Maybe you strike gold on a few. And if the rest suck, you can immediately process them out.

They use to have the 25 signing limit to avoid this situation. They didn't want the Bamas of the world to just oversign and process out the trash immediately.

Well, seems like that's no longer a restriction. So if you like a 3 star with tools, why not take a flyer and if he's not showing signs by year 2, cut bait.

It's definitely a strategy to consider.

Also with respect to Pulliam, highly doubt he was processed out. This one is just the player wanting a clearer road to the field.

Advertisement
A bit surprising and painful, but I know there would be some like this, and he won't be the last.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t like this one. Not a detrimental loss by all means, but like JHH, I feel we lost with this transfer. Played decent as a true freshman with limited snaps in complex system. All reports say he had a great spring. I know that doesn’t necessarily translate into being a starter and playing great in the fall.

Good luck young man.

Advertisement
Back