Marcellius Pulliam Portal

Well..I will make sure to question any recruiting profile of a player we sign that reads, "Developmental kid. Put him in S&C for 2-3 years and see what you got down the road. But has MASSIVE potential and MASSIVE upside!".. Those days are CLEARLY over.

That said, this isnt a big loss. Kid MIGHT become something in 2 years or might be a bust that is never heard from again. Mario doesnt have time right now to roll the dice on that type of gamble anymore. Everyone wont be Bain and Mauigoa..but the days of giving kids 3-4 years for the light to come on are absolutely over.

Advertisement
Didnt D-Nic also recruit Pulliam heavy for Louisville out of HS? I thought he was our main competition for him and he was a Charlie Strong eval and pick?
Sounds right. I feel like I remember that being discussed when we landed him because people were like yeah this dude is legit just underrated in rankings

Don't like pushing out promising young players and keeping Chase Smith around if it was one or the other. If this was strictly tied to Alderman... then I don't care. I liked that addition.
I agree with Jay on this. I think again it comes down to money and roster management. Chase still may portal out, but they probably would rather keep a one year rental at a certain cost, as opposed to keeping a young guy that may or may not develop at the other cost. Especially if newcomers have already passed him.

The other variable is that he may not want to wait and stay. I imagine we will see a lot this. If your not in the two deep, a decision has to be made by one side. Crazy to see that, but yeah this is exactly the NFL roster management. This definitely has to change moving forward because I believe kids can transfer out from now until the beginning of the fall season, which is crazy.

I think you will start to see some of these smaller schools start stacking talent. I bet some of the smaller schools will be come preferred choices for development. If we were smart, we should establish great relationships with these smaller schools. They can develop them and you never know they might come back in year or so. Almost like soccer academy's, which do it across the world. Could be wishful thinking though.

this is why saban left. fwiw, im fine with it. it is what it is. win any way you can, which is why i didnt clown Norvell for going all in on the portal bc guess what? were doing the same thing. it is the new CFB. HS recruiting is less important now overall outside of landing the truly elite day 1 difference makers (Bain type kids).
Exactly. I think were fortunate that we have a coach who embraces it and thrives on it. He's willing to do what it takes for this.

Advertisement
Our LB recruiting is on another level right now. I love it.

Tbh as things moved along I figured we would lose either Pulliam or Washington or maybe both. It’s just the numbers. Big fan of this kids potential but in all honesty that was moreso because he was the lowest ranked recruit in that entire class

Would have liked to have guys like this on special teams waiting their turn but those days are pretty much dead unless we are winning big
It shows that better kids will play, if it were Manny he would have Shayon Green for 7 years starting over Ray Lewis. Like bruh if a better player comes (pause) then he should play, this aint pop warner where u have to worry about parents *****ing. They were told this coming in so its not like they didnt know. I dont understand why fans dont see this

Well..I will make sure to question any recruiting profile of a player we sign that reads, "Developmental kid. Put him in S&C for 2-3 years and see what you got down the road. But has MASSIVE potential and MASSIVE upside!".. Those days are CLEARLY over.

That said, this isnt a big loss. Kid MIGHT become something in 2 years or might be a bust that is never heard from again. Mario doesnt have time right now to roll the dice on that type of gamble anymore. Everyone wont be Bain and Mauigoa..but the days of giving kids 3-4 years for the light to come on are absolutely over.
Unfortunately it’s the truth of the Brave New World of portal recruiting, and recruiting in general. Kids can get a better deal, financially and for playing time. It’s laughable that these mooks from other schools bring up “ development”. That’s their cheap shot at the Canes. These f**king kids aren’t looking to be developed. Most of them think they’re all world, already and should play now. As important as exposure and coaching are, it’s their playing time. The concept of “ there’s no I in team”, ends with “ ME”. Best of luck Bud, but not my kinda Cane. #CANESNATIONLIFER🙌🏽

Advertisement
It shows that better kids will play, if it were Manny he would have Shayon Green for 7 years starting over Ray Lewis. Like bruh if a better player comes (pause) then he should play, this aint pop warner where u have to worry about parents *****ing. They were told this coming in so its not like they didnt know. I dont understand why fans dont see this
When you start recruiting better this is what happens

If you go back over the years I’m sure the same people upset at these things probably looked at Bama and UGA and just said bring in all the beasts you can and push out the ones that don’t hack it

Not saying we are at that level but Miami is the sore thumb in the recruiting rankings the last two years. We don’t belong. So this stuff will happen more

Good Luck to Marcellius Pulliam. He's going to be a good player in the future.

IMO, if Marcellius wasn't going to be in the two this year, his leaving makes sense for him and the team. If I'm not mistaken, Wes and Jaylin can go to the draft after the 2024 season. Even if you think he could crack the two deep next year, you could just as easily find a transfer with playing experience from a smaller school to fill the same spots.

2024 2-deep
Francisco Mauigoa/Raul Aguirre
Wesley Bissainthe/Bobby Washington
Jaylin Alderman/Chase Smith

+2 Freshmen

2025 2-deep
Raul Aguirre/Adarius Hayes
Wesley Bissainthe*/Bobby Washington
Jaylin Alderman*/Cameron Pruitt

+??? Freshmen

Its going to be hard to recruit and develop young talent moving forward until something changes.

Why should we as fans care much about High school recruiting anymore?

@DMoney podcast on some TEs recently, im like what are the chances they finish their career at Miami? They may not even stay 2 years at Miami.
Is this just a Miami concern?

Advertisement
When you start recruiting better this is what happens

If you go back over the years I’m sure the same people upset at these things probably looked at Bama and UGA and just said bring in all the beasts you can and push out the ones that don’t hack it

Not saying we are at that level but Miami is the sore thumb in the recruiting rankings the last two years. We don’t belong. So this stuff will happen more
preach

8ojbdb.jpg

Lazy take after lazy take our staff is being exposed for the same thing they killed fsu on the trail for. The huge issue we are going to have is our staff doesn’t have nearly the eye they have when it comes to evaluating transfer portal talent. Mario’s main selling point is high school recruiting now it’s time to let those recruits take their lumps and develop them.
split depth GIF

.... hmmmmm.....I smell gaytor or knole troll, deep within this porst. Identify yourself, gahdammit!

Advertisement
If he's that buried in the chart then meh.

If not, why even commit to Miami in the first place if you cant handle being a depth piece for a year and a half.

I don't want it both ways. Pulliam is better right now, better in the future, and a better track record of health than Chase Smith. If it had nothing to do with choosing one or the other and it was tied to Alderman... then this is what it is.

I'm afraid it has too much to do with Chase Smith being a legacy. There are several older guys that need to get the boot before these younger guys. I think we're all on the same page there.

Could have nothing to do with it and he was bolting regardless. He does play the same spot as Popo and it's clear he is the heir to the Mike spot next year.
These kids are given their assessment and then they make a decision. Some will stay some will depart. No more difficult to understand than that.

Advertisement
Back