Marcellius Pulliam Portal

So playing in the spring means they will play in the fall? Is anyone really taking this account seriously?
Do you read? I made a list of young players who had prominent roles in the spring in response to the poster that said that young guys weren't getting opportunities.

Advertisement
Do you read? I made a list of young players who had prominent roles in the spring in response to the poster that said that young guys weren't getting opportunities.
You don't know who will have roles in the fall. Shut up.

Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

Lazy take after lazy take our staff is being exposed for the same thing they killed fsu on the trail for. The huge issue we are going to have is our staff doesn’t have nearly the eye they have when it comes to evaluating transfer portal talent. Mario’s main selling point is high school recruiting now it’s time to let those recruits take their lumps and develop them.

FSU fan right here. This has been their narrative lately on boards and social media.

They don’t realize you can recruit hs and the portal though.

Advertisement
Curious to where he ends up, had a couple other P5 offers but if he wants to play immediately I could see him at a Sunbelt school like App State/any of the ones in Georgia.

Popo Hayes and Pruitt ain’t leaving cause they are good. Unless we get someone from HS this cycle that’s better and they get buried next season.
Agreed I knew someone was gonna leave bc of alderman didn’t think it would be him

FSU fan right here. This has been their narrative lately on boards and social media.

They don’t realize you can recruit hs and the portal though.
Just take less prospects coming out of high school Nd use that for the portal . The taking taking to many 3 stars to fill a position of needs are over . Yes some are under rated but not as many as most Teams take. Kids will not wait 3 years to get developed

Advertisement
Curious to where he ends up, had a couple other P5 offers but if he wants to play immediately I could see him at a Sunbelt school like App State/any of the ones in Georgia.
Virginia Tech would be a good spot for him. Could also see Louisville where they're trying to replace Alderman.

Popo Hayes and Pruitt ain’t leaving cause they are good. Unless we get someone from HS this cycle that’s better and they get buried next season.
Our LB recruiting is on another level right now. I love it.

Tbh as things moved along I figured we would lose either Pulliam or Washington or maybe both. It’s just the numbers. Big fan of this kids potential but in all honesty that was moreso because he was the lowest ranked recruit in that entire class

Would have liked to have guys like this on special teams waiting their turn but those days are pretty much dead unless we are winning big

I'm actually more upset about this one than any of our other departures so far. I feel like this guy had great tools and was legit gonna be a player for us on special teams and eventually in the LB rotation.

Advertisement
Popo
Pruitt
Hayes
Bain
Damari
Zay
Lightfoot
McConathy
Scott

All true freshman and sophomores on defense that had significant roles in spring/will have roles in the fall. Absolutely delusional to say that young players aren't being given opportunities.
I appreciate your take. What I was trying to convey is that you recruit a kid based on multiple factors including long term development. How many kids take a year or two to get it going and then have solid careers? Not everyone is a Bain.

I am not saying Mario gave up on him already. Who knows. But by bringing in players from the portal at his position it probably speaks to him and others a certain message. Maybe it’s motivation and maybe it’s win now. I guess it’s up to the kid at that point to decide his career path.

You always try to out recruit the last class and that’s probably what happened here. I hate to see these kids just bounce but maybe I’m just trying to wrap my head around the current state of affairs in CFB.

Anyway. Wish him the best and I’ll go back to being delusional.

Can someone explain this one?
It's self explanatory. Dudes that previously saw themselves in a significant role this year are having their reps taken from them in order to build this team at a higher level. Previously we were building the teams through youth for our future. We've seen enough out of what we have to realize this team can win right now with several additions. Past that it's simple collateral damage.

Advertisement
I appreciate your take. What I was trying to convey is that you recruit a kid based on multiple factors including long term development. How many kids take a year or two to get it going and then have solid careers? Not everyone is a Bain.

I am not saying Mario gave up on him already. Who knows. But by bringing in players from the portal at his position it probably speaks to him and others a certain message. Maybe it’s motivation and maybe it’s win now. I guess it’s up to the kid at that point to decide his career path.

You always try to out recruit the last class and that’s probably what happened here. I hate to see these kids just bounce but maybe I’m just trying to wrap my head around the current state of affairs in CFB.

Anyway. Wish him the best and I’ll go back to being delusional.
And how many spots do we have available on this year's team so we can compete at a very high level this year that won't take away from our future development as well?

Don't like pushing out promising young players and keeping Chase Smith around if it was one or the other. If this was strictly tied to Alderman... then I don't care. I liked that addition.

Jay...hear me out.

Move Chase Smith to WR or some sort of pass catcher.

Our LB recruiting is on another level right now. I love it.

Tbh as things moved along I figured we would lose either Pulliam or Washington or maybe both. It’s just the numbers. Big fan of this kids potential but in all honesty that was moreso because he was the lowest ranked recruit in that entire class

Would have liked to have guys like this on special teams waiting their turn but those days are pretty much dead unless we are winning big

Didnt D-Nic also recruit Pulliam heavy for Louisville out of HS? I thought he was our main competition for him and he was a Charlie Strong eval and pick?

Advertisement
Back