2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Advertisement
Some of y’all are miserable pricks. Kid is going to be one of 5 LBs we are bringing in excluding portal. Staff sees something in him they like and can mold. He won’t be called upon to really like lay for 2-3 years.

Why do people have to be considered miserable if they watched the tape and just aren't blown away by him as a prospect? That can go for any kid and any ranking.

I like the physicality of the kid but his speed is a significant concern for me. His track times are not good and he does appear to be "leggy" and/or a bit lumbering in some of those clips. Guys like that can sometimes struggle to get through the trash inside at Mike.

Interesting note here this kid is from the same high school as Calvin “Megatron” Johnson. Not sure how good they are historically but that’s worth noting.

Interesting note here this kid is from the same high school as Calvin “Megatron” Johnson. Not sure how good they are historically but that’s worth noting.
Anyone who likes this sort of thing, Megatron’s A Football Life is fantastic. He was a freak! Genius too

Advertisement
Lmao every year we rationalize how our players really should be ranked higher. This class is good enough to start winning the Coastal. This class is not remotely close to competing for a NC. That shouldn't be up for debate. Luckily for us it's not over but we still need a bunch of pieces.
When was one class ever going to get you in competition for a NC?

It's about stringing classes together and getting to the point where you can recruit balanced classes. You almost have to look at it as a rolling two-year class.

Further, you can't properly assess a class until you can look at it 2-3 years in hindsight.

When was one class ever going to get you in competition for a NC?

It's about stringing classes together and getting to the point where you can recruit balanced classes. You almost have to look at it as a rolling two-year class.

Further, you can't properly assess a class until you can look at it 2-3 years in hindsight.
Sherlock has arrived. The point I made was the class as is won't get us any closer it gets us closer to winning the Coastal. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Ok so I did a little more digging. He’s clearly got an edge about him… u can see it in his game. He’s a really smart young man in the classroom. 3.6 GPA points that out. He’s a good kid, overall. Very passionate about the game. Originally from Detroit, living with his older sister in the Atlanta area. I Don’t know the full story there, (my guess is that city life situations can be rough to overcome) so the sister is basically his parent….but no doubt, he is a CITY kid, which means he can be a little “rough around the edges”! He ain’t afraid to throw hands either, 😂. He’s basically the man of the house…at 17, so with that u have to take the good with the bad. I’ve seen him have heated conversations with coaches (NOT where anybody has to get between them or anything), he’s not the “backdown type”. You give it, he’s gonna look you right in the eyes, and give it right back to you. He’s passionate about this ****. This means he’s gonna need an Aloha male type (Charlie Strong) to coach him. No weak kneed ***, soft talking, skin moisturized, slack jawed, male figures please, or this kid will run right over him. He loves football, and more than that, he loves hitting muhfuccas…. hard! If I find out more, I’ll bring it to you guys.

Marcellius first day in the locker room....

Ok..watched the film and gonna throw out a comp(s)..hear me out. I see Zac McCloud with some Pinkney instincts. I see a VERY GOOD high school linebacker. The long arms help A LOT when he's in the vicinity. Looks a step(s) slow, but he's long so hard to tell how fast he actually is. Appears to lumber a bit, or at least look unorthodox. Kinda like a poor man's miniature Jadaveon Clowney running around playing LB. Obviously physical. Don't see MIKE, more SAM who could grow into DE. Has MIKE quality with the instinctiveness. Seems to find the right gap. Mostly see McCloud (with length)..sorry. I'll watch his playoff game and hope for more. (probly on TV here in GA.).

How much Years Mccloud started here?.

Mccloud main issue was something i bolded for you. Mccloud in high school played alot of DE...for whatever reason outside of his freshman year he appeared really lost in space at LB. This kid though will end up the same size as him and has the same body frame. If he has Charlie Strong for atleast 2 years that alone would help his development as a lb more so than what Mccloud had...who honestly played pretty well for us his last szn asa ....rush end.

Didnt even know Zach Mccloud is collecting NFL checks on the Broncos practice squad

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sherlock has arrived. The point I made was the class as is won't get us any closer it gets us closer to winning the Coastal. But thanks for pointing out the obvious.
If it was obvious, how the **** did you miss it. How can you state that unless you're f*cking Nostradamus. This will boil down to a litmus test on Mario's and (presumably Alonzo's) evaluation skills.

We'll know in a few years. But I get it, that's not soon enough for the lot of you.

If it was obvious, how the **** did you miss it. How can you state that unless you're f*cking Nostradamus. This will boil down to a litmus test on Mario's and (presumably Alonzo's) evaluation skills.

We'll know in a few years. But I get it, that's not soon enough for the lot of you.
Great read.

There’s bigger linebackers as IMG then we have! Course it’s a take! Body types man! Besides Wesley, we need all the backers we can get which is why Bryant is so important to hold onto. He has the siZe where he can come off the edge the way Quinn uses Parsons. And no! I’m not saying the kid is Parsons lol.

If that's enough for you then you're basing this on your emotions instead of facts. There's a good chance only one of McClain and Mauigoa are drafted since the stats show that only 58% of 5 stars are drafted. The stats show that 7% of 3 stars are good enough to be drafted. If miraculously Cristobal doubles those odds to 14%, that is not nearly enough to win us a national championship. A 4 star recruit has a 24% chance of getting drafted. https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-recruiting-rankings-go-hand-in-hand--117819292/

We won't be able to compete with Bama, UGA, etc who are full of 4 and 5 star players. They get a 5 star who has a 58% chance of being good enough to get drafted, and we get a 3 star who has a 14% chance (if Mario is an amazing evaluator).

There's no debate.

Advertisement
Kids not a LB. I see him as a standup edge defender in odd fronts with his arm length.

I don't see the quickness in feet and side-to-side mobility to make him play MIKE. I do see a tenacious, physical player with great motor and very long arms.

Put him at the LoS and let him beef up.

If that's enough for you then you're basing this on your emotions instead of facts. There's a good chance only one of McClain and Mauigoa are drafted since the stats show that only 58% of 5 stars are drafted. The stats show that 7% of 3 stars are good enough to be drafted. If miraculously Cristobal doubles those odds to 14%, that is not nearly enough to win us a national championship. A 4 star recruit has a 24% chance of getting drafted. https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-recruiting-rankings-go-hand-in-hand--117819292/

We won't be able to compete with Bama, UGA, etc who are full of 4 and 5 star players. They get a 5 star who has a 58% chance of being good enough to get drafted, and we get a 3 star who has a 14% chance (if Mario is an amazing evaluator).

There's no debate.
I’m no statistician but I imagine that 7% has a lot to do with the size of the pool (2000+ three stars) than anything else. No matter how many 3 stars get drafted it is always going to be a small percentage of the whole. Even if the entire draft (259 players) was made up of 3 stars, it would still only be 12.95% of three stars were drafted.

It's just cway saying the same-old stupid cway things...

Advertisement
It's just cway saying the same-old stupid cway things...
Yea because I don't post paragraphs explaining **** that I have no ****** clue about. Go ahead and give another long antiquated post I can ignore gramp.

I’m no statistician but I imagine that 7% has a lot to do with the size of the pool (2000+ three stars) than anything else. No matter how many 3 stars get drafted it is always going to be a small percentage of the whole. Even if the entire draft (259 players) was made up of 3 stars, it would still only be 12.95% of three stars were drafted.
Yep. Doesn't change that it's very hard to figure out who will be good and who won't from that pool.

If that's enough for you then you're basing this on your emotions instead of facts.

Where did you get this from? Surely not from what I posted. I'm just being non-judgmental until this all plays out. If anything, some of you are acting like emotional gayturds whining about the hit to our mythical national recruiting rankings.

There's a good chance only one of McClain and Mauigoa are drafted since the stats show that only 58% of 5 stars are drafted. The stats show that 7% of 3 stars are good enough to be drafted. If miraculously Cristobal doubles those odds to 14%, that is not nearly enough to win us a national championship. A 4 star recruit has a 24% chance of getting drafted. https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-recruiting-rankings-go-hand-in-hand--117819292/

This only shows that programs going through the motions, outsourcing their evaluations to web services and recruiting from lists, fail most of the time. As our annual frustration to win the coastal showed us, a talent advantage is not enough. Even Middle Tenn State should have ended that discussion.

As far as Bama, Ga and OSU, they have a solid idea of who they are and what they want to be, identified the traits they need to move in that direction, and target those that match their search criteria (one of which is high football IQ). Do you think our studs play with a high football IQ?
There's no debate.
There's plenty of debate. While the general public may know who the "real stars" are with the internet and web sites, those in the profession always knew who they were as far back as you can go. As your stats demonstrate, the trick is to get the right ones. Evaluation and development were what set Miami apart.

Where did you get this from? Surely not from what I posted. I'm just being non-judgmental until this all plays out. If anything, some of you are acting like emotional gayturds whining about the hit to our mythical national recruiting rankings.

This only shows that programs going through the motions, outsourcing their evaluations to web services and recruiting from lists, fail most of the time. As our annual frustration to win the coastal showed us, a talent advantage is not enough. Even Middle Tenn State should have ended that discussion.

As far as Bama, Ga and OSU, they have a solid idea of who they are and what they want to be, identified the traits they need to move in that direction, and target those that match their search criteria (one of which is high football IQ). Do you think our studs play with a high football IQ?

There's plenty of debate. While the general public may know who the "real stars" are with the internet and web sites, those in the profession always knew who they were as far back as you can go. As your stats demonstrate, the trick is to get the right ones. Evaluation and development were what set Miami apart.
Jesus you are absolutely clueless. Waste of my time.

Advertisement
Back