Many of You

I remember this season after the GT game D'onofrio said that GT came out using a formation they had never seen before. I personally find that hard to believe, but whatever. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, we were able to adjust to that, according to him, but not until half time.

Take from that what you will, but I figured I'd share that.

Advertisement
I agree with you but the mess was over last year. So losing Lane, Valentine, Powell, Rudolph, etc. was very troubling when we should have had momentum coming from under the mess. Obviously we have a long ways to go with this recruiting class but when you look at Gibson, Cole, Scarlett, Mcfaddens, all leaning elsewhere right now it is also very troubling... And so you know I am one of the biggest Golden supporters since he grew up exactly where I grew up and I will root for him no matter what until he is not the Miami coach.

Given the same exact set of circumstances, can any of us guarantee that Butch would have recruited better than Golden has since taking the job in 2011? I don't think we can. We can speculate, but for some of the guys that Golden has lost in recruiting--I'm not 100% sure that another coach would have hauled in the ones Golden missed with all of the NCAA mess going on.

I just can't wait until the offseason lull is over with and we're into Fall practice. At least all of this "what if" stuff will be over with, and we can actually start seeing some results (good or bad) with this team on the field. I'm already sick of the terrible offseason threads season.

The team having sucked for 10 years doesn't help recruiting no matter who the coach is. Cloud or no cloud. Coker/Randy/Golden. Our team has sucked while the SEC and FSU are the last 9 or 10 champions.

One question about Butch --- Who here believes he is a clean recruiter?

Who believes there is a clean recruiter in CFB? I mean besides you of course...

Instead of being a ****. You can answer the question.

I did answer, are you too stupid to get the answer? I guess so...

So is Butch dirty to the level that we are certain to be in trouble again if he is our next coach?

Advertisement
I agree with you but the mess was over last year. So losing Lane, Valentine, Powell, Rudolph, etc. was very troubling when we should have had momentum coming from under the mess. Obviously we have a long ways to go with this recruiting class but when you look at Gibson, Cole, Scarlett, Mcfaddens, all leaning elsewhere right now it is also very troubling... And so you know I am one of the biggest Golden supporters since he grew up exactly where I grew up and I will root for him no matter what until he is not the Miami coach.

Given the same exact set of circumstances, can any of us guarantee that Butch would have recruited better than Golden has since taking the job in 2011? I don't think we can. We can speculate, but for some of the guys that Golden has lost in recruiting--I'm not 100% sure that another coach would have hauled in the ones Golden missed with all of the NCAA mess going on.

I just can't wait until the offseason lull is over with and we're into Fall practice. At least all of this "what if" stuff will be over with, and we can actually start seeing some results (good or bad) with this team on the field. I'm already sick of the terrible offseason threads season.
I agree that it's troubling...but with all the folks calling for Butch to replace Golden (which if that comes to pass--I wouldn't mind)...everyone acts like we would have automatically locked down S. Florida despite F$U's success and Bama's as well...not to mention the NCAA stuff. I'm sorry, I just don't see that. Could he have done it? Sure? Could he have done better than Golden did? Sure. How likely is it? [ChopperReid] Not bloody likely. [/ChopperReid]

There. is. no. cure-all. Not even Butch.

You morons have got to get over Butch Davis. His career is a wrap. Done. Over.

Since the last time he coached these jobs opened up:

Akron
Arizona
Arizona State
Arkansas State (x3)
Army
Auburn
Boston College
Bowling Green
Boise State
Cal
Cincinnati
Colorado
Colorado State
Connecticut
Eastern Michigan
Florida Atlantic (x2)
Florida International
Fresno State
Hawaii
Houston
Illinois
Kansas
Kent State
Kentucky
Louisville
Louisiana Tech
Massachusetts
Miami of Ohio
Memphis
NC State
Nevada
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Northern Illinois
Ohio State
Ole Miss
Oregon
Penn State (x2)
Pittsburgh
Purdue
Rutgers
San Jose State
Southern Miss (x2)
Syracuse
Temple
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Toledo
Tulane
UAB (x2)
UCLA
Utah State
UTEP
USC
USF
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
Wisconsin
Western Kentucky (x2)
Western Michigan
Wyoming

How much interest did he get? 1 shot at FIU? Don't you think theres a reason why that's the case?

You morons have got to get over Butch Davis. His career is a wrap. Done. Over.

Since the last time he coached these jobs opened up:

Akron
Arizona
Arizona State
Arkansas State (x3)
Army
Auburn
Boston College
Bowling Green
Boise State
Cal
Cincinnati
Colorado
Colorado State
Connecticut
Eastern Michigan
Florida Atlantic (x2)
Florida International
Fresno State
Hawaii
Houston
Illinois
Kansas
Kent State
Kentucky
Louisville
Louisiana Tech
Massachusetts
Miami of Ohio
Memphis
NC State
Nevada
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Northern Illinois
Ohio State
Ole Miss
Oregon
Penn State (x2)
Pittsburgh
Purdue
Rutgers
San Jose State
Southern Miss (x2)
Syracuse
Temple
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Toledo
Tulane
UAB (x2)
UCLA
Utah State
UTEP
USC
USF
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
Wisconsin
Western Kentucky (x2)
Western Michigan
Wyoming

How much interest did he get? 1 shot at FIU? Don't you think theres a reason why that's the case?

Valid point. However, then there are things like this...

98.jpg

I remember this season after the GT game D'onofrio said that GT came out using a formation they had never seen before. I personally find that hard to believe, but whatever. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, we were able to adjust to that, according to him, but not until half time.

Take from that what you will, but I figured I'd share that.

Yes, they came out in a formation that they had not used all year so there was no film on it. Paul Williams commented on it in his press conference after the game and noted that after Miami adjusted to what they were doing they were unable to run anything sucessfully out of it the rest of the game. The reason it took so long to adjust was because we started the game with several very short possessions so the defense had hardly anytime at all on the sideline to regroup. As I recall, there was a story about Coach D racing from upstairs to the locker room at halftime in order to diagram adjustments for the defense.

Advertisement
I cant wait until this season and all the people who were talking bad about Golden is going to have to re read these statements and admit how wrong they were. Golden is a great coach and for a non dirty recruiter he gets some good players.

Valid point. However, then there are things like this...

98.jpg

Difference is Bobby only did something that was morally wrong and was wrong towards Arkansas, nothing that the NCAA launched a major investigation into.

Butch is blacklisted from college football. He's done.

The season has been over for five months, yet we still harp on it like we played UL last week. We pretty much agree that on paper this is the best team we've had in quite sometime. We finally have guys that look like "Miami guys"...we finally have numerous players busting there a** in the off season like "miami guys" of the past...we finally have players coming in with a chip on there shoulder like "miami guys" use to. I put more emphasis on the caliber of players on a team, rather than the coach. I think I couldve coached those 2000-2001 teams to the chip, lol. But, I do believe this upcoming season will give us an true outlook on where this program is at; primarily because we all believe we had players playing that shouldnt have been on the field. That being said, we can no longer blame Morris, Highsmith, Green, Gaines, Rodgers, etc... its all on our "miami guys"! On another note, T-minus 7 days until "Thee Brad Kaaya" will be on campus, lol! I know Pete cant control himself, like counting down till Christmas, lol!

Advertisement
The season has been over for five months, yet we still harp on it like we played UL last week. We pretty much agree that on paper this is the best team we've had in quite sometime. We finally have guys that look like "Miami guys"...we finally have numerous players busting there a** in the off season like "miami guys" of the past...we finally have players coming in with a chip on there shoulder like "miami guys" use to. I put more emphasis on the caliber of players on a team, rather than the coach. I think I couldve coached those 2000-2001 teams to the chip, lol. But, I do believe this upcoming season will give us an true outlook on where this program is at; primarily because we all believe we had players playing that shouldnt have been on the field. That being said, we can no longer blame Morris, Highsmith, Green, Gaines, Rodgers, etc... its all on our "miami guys"! On another note, T-minus 7 days until "Thee Brad Kaaya" will be on campus, lol! I know Pete cant control himself, like counting down till Christmas, lol!

Kaaya will be just like every other stud we have recruited here. If he plays, the minute he messes up, people are going to be calling for his backup, calling him names, and calling for the next great recruit, all the while absolving the coaches of any blame.

Just the other day Olsen was Baby Jesus.

So what top notch coach that we can't afford would you like? And if we happen to hire a young ambitious guy who we can afford he will bolt in 3-5 years. Unfortunately UM will have to depend on talent to win another NC not coaching.

Kaaya will be just like every other stud we have recruited here. If he plays, the minute he messes up, people are going to be calling for his backup, calling him names, and calling for the next great recruit, all the while absolving the coaches of any blame.

205.gif

Advertisement

The bolded happens with most fan bases. The underlined tends to happen or is at least perceived to happen when the fan base is divided on the coaching staff.

Quick Example: Morris --- some fans look at Coley/Golden for playing him through the injury, others look at snickers boy and his inconsistency, other see a little bit of both. Not sure any of them are really wrong.

Good post OP. What I took from it that I absolutely agree with is that Coach Golden has not demonstrated the ability to consistently make in-game adjustments. Our game against Wake Forest last year really opened my eyes. They literally came within a possession of beating us at home mainly because our staff couldn't figure out how to counter their wide splits. Huh??? Folks that's Pop Warner football 101.

My feeling is that we've got to have truly superior talent and hope that we can out "talent" most of our opponents, which in fact I believe we can do, but winning at an elite level where we play teams with equal or better talent - no way based on what I've seen so far.

Agree too that Golden speaks well, understands branding, etc. and seems like a nice guy. All that's cool, but I'd really like to get back to winning championships.

another Golden thread

125.gif

here…. something new
[video=youtube;8337kVmejGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8337kVmejGw[/video]

Last edited:
One question about Butch --- Who here believes he is a clean recruiter?

Who believes there is a clean recruiter in CFB? I mean besides you of course...

Instead of being a ****. You can answer the question.

I did answer, are you too stupid to get the answer? I guess so...

So is Butch dirty to the level that we are certain to be in trouble again if he is our next coach?

You may recall our significant Pell Grant scandal and other problems that threatened to have our program shut down. Butch was brought in to clean the program up. Steer us though harsh sanctions. Massive scholarship reductions. And then build the program back up from the ashes.

Butch too, hired a very good friend, and after it became clear that his friend wasn't up to the job, canned him. And we got good fast. I'd imagine Butch learned a few lessons in there.

He did just what he was hired to do. Butch assembled what is arguably, the very best college football team of all time.

Now when the Administration jacked him over on his contract - very similar to the way they yanked JJ around - Butch left. At North Carolina, Butch happened to be the HC when NC got caught doing lots of things that had been going on for many, many years, things that didn't have a damned thing to do with Butch.

Butch was the sacrificial lamb North Carolina sacrificed in hopes of reducing NCAA sanctions.

You may recall that although NC is not exactly a recruiting hotbed, his players gave Miami FITS. Even after he left, his players were a major pain in our ***.

Now. You put Butch back in a hotbed of talent, and you'll see him again work his magic.

Advertisement
Back