Manny's Recruiting Venting and Appreciation Thread

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
After being reminded yesterday how Manny dropped the ball recruiting Ray Ray (I had repressed the memory), I figured we should have a single thread to appreciate how horrific he was as a recruiter and vent about his inept recruiting rather than replicating this everywhere. Each of these were fireable offenses IMHO and reveals how much damage Mario had to repair in order to even be considered again.

1. Forgot to invite 4* Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph to the BBQ
  2. Intentionally refused to recruit "Ray Ray". @Stevo365 says Ray Ray wasn't even allowed on campus to take pictures because of Manny's feud with Luke Campbell.
  3. Didn't contact 5* David Hicks for months after he visited during Paradise
  4. Offered 4* Jordan “Big Baby” Hall and then never contacted him again.
  5. Per @bradtejeda , 4* Riley Williams wanted to be a Cane but Manny de-prioritized his recruitment.
  6. Andrew Ivins reports that Manny's staff could not understand why 247 had Raul "Popo" Aguirre ranked so high.

Mario's Damage Recovery Tracker

1. Ray Ray. Committed. Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.
  2. David Hicks. Mario was able to get him to OV, we're in his top 7.
  3. Big Baby. We're in his top 10 and he's coming to the July BBQ. Mario is cleaning up Manny's mess.
  4. Riley Williams. Committed. Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.
  5. Popo Aguirre. Committed. Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.

If you've got other examples, let me know and I'll update the OP.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
I could write out two pages of boneheaded moves but hes gone and we need to move on.
Facts. Our fanbase as a whole is overly fixated on looking backwards. Yes, our history is practically unparalleled but at some point you have put aome distance with our past so we can truly focus on moving forward. All that should matter is MC & winning so we can get back to where we belong without constant rehashing.

We’re focused on just recruiting? Because that was the least of the dudes issues. In a long list of incompetent coaches at Miami he is undeniably THE MOST INCOMPETENT OF THEM ALL

Touchdown Rings
Spirit awards
No tackling in practice
No playbook
Slip n slide Manny
Bring your daddy to work day
FIU
Shutout against LA Tech
Seniority like we’ve never seen before
UNC debacle
4th &14 4th&18
WWE night when he first took over
Arriving in yacht
FSU coaches clinic incident
Jarren Williams saga
Not letting FSU score on 1yd line

I know I’m missing some

Now that we’ve turned the page and appear to be heading in right direction it is quite funny just to think of his tenure.

Advertisement
We’re focused on just recruiting? Because that was the least of the dudes issues. In a long list of incompetent coaches at Miami he is undeniably THE MOST INCOMPETENT OF THEM ALL

Touchdown Rings
Spirit awards
No tackling in practice
No playbook
Slip n slide Manny
Bring your daddy to work day
FIU
Shutout against LA Tech
Seniority like we’ve never seen before
UNC debacle
4th &14 4th&18
WWE night when he first took over
Arriving in yacht
FSU coaches clinic incident
Jarren Williams saga
Not letting FSU score on 1yd line

I know I’m missing some

Now that we’ve turned the page and appear to be heading in right direction it is quite funny just to think of his tenure.
When I started this list I thought Touchdown Rings was the worst of it and as it kept going it kept getting worse. How'd I forget about 4th and 18, getting shutout against LA Tech and losing to FIU.

Honestly getting shutout by LA Tech with a team with 30+ 4 stars should have been an immediate firing. Should have told us everything we need to know about him. But the road let us to where we are now so I'm straight.

When I started this list I thought Touchdown Rings was the worst of it and as it kept going it kept getting worse. How'd I forget about 4th and 18, getting shutout against LA Tech and losing to FIU.

Honestly getting shutout by LA Tech with a team with 30+ 4 stars should have been an immediate firing. Should have told us everything we need to know about him. But the road let us to where we are now so I'm straight.
Bring your daddy to work day two separate times while on the heat seat is the icing on the cake for me. I don’t think it’s ever been done before in the history of football 🤣 especially when you consider the fact that his father is ex mayor of Miami 😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back