Manny with the bat signal

Advertisement
Change of direction is the trait that will hold him back from reaching the level of the Berrios and Renfrow types as a route runner. He has explosion and strength, he can adjust to the ball and he can really block. We're not exactly hurting at the WR position so if the staff likes him for a specific role I'm okay with it.

fwiw Adam Humphries - who was a walk-on - caught 127 balls at Clemson playing with Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, Mike Williams, Jaron Brown, Charone Peake, Artavis Scott and Dwayne Allen. So there's precedent for this archetype of player succeeding in this type of situation even if there are more talented prospects available. Restrepo is a better athlete than Hump too. The more I think about it the more I talk myself into it.

Yeah I agree. He brings more physicality and blocking to the position which is unique. Harley doesn't really do anything special so when he takes snaps it leaves you wanting more from someone else. At least with Restrepo he can give you production on quick throws to the flat while doing his job as a blocker. The other guys will eat up the majority of the targets while he still gives you something.
Isn’t his shuttle time pretty good?

Advertisement
Isn’t his shuttle time pretty good?

No it's really good. That's why I was confused when I watched footage of him in camp drills and he's slipping all over the place when he tries to cut, then on his film he's very straight-linish and doesn't make any sharp cuts.

For reference Adam Humphries ran 4.32 short shuttle but they play similar on the field.

Advertisement
Macho has been in here saying it for a while.....y’all yell and scream that you want kids who want to be Canes. Well, here’s one. DIE HARD Cane. Orange and green heart. And he’s absolutely, 10000% a take. So there’s nothing to ***** about here. Miami just got better tonight, and it’s a kid who is going to give his life for this program. This is the kid u guys say you want.

Lmao just said the same thing earlier in the other thread about him

Advertisement
I’m shocked the only people we can compare him to are Renfrow and Berrios.

Shocked I tell ya.
This kid tore it up at the combine down here and was making db’s look silly at that sht hole camp in Gainesville.
Some on here questioning his measurables. I went and looked up dudes with similar stats in the combine.
Renfrow was a problem at Clemson and got drafted in the 5th round with almost identical numbers as this kid as a high school junior. I’m just trying to point something out to the doom and gloom crowd. So while he isn’t Julio Jones, he’s far from being a scrub. I could care less if this kid was Asian, or Eskimo.

Last edited:
This kid tore it up at the combine down here at was making db’s look silly at that sht hole camp in Gainesville.
Some on here questioning his measurables. I went and looked up dudes with similar stats in the combine.
Renfrow was a problem at Clemson and got drafted in the 5th round with almost identical numbers as a high school junior. I’m just trying to pony something out to the doom and gloom crowd. So while he isn’t Julio Jones, he’s far from being a scrub. I could care less if this kid was Asian, or Eskimo.
It was just poking fun at the fact we can never cross races when comparing players.

Kid looks good to me.

Advertisement
Change of direction is the trait that will hold him back from reaching the level of the Berrios and Renfrow types as a route runner. He has explosion and strength, he can adjust to the ball and he can really block. We're not exactly hurting at the WR position so if the staff likes him for a specific role I'm okay with it.

fwiw Adam Humphries - who was a walk-on - caught 127 balls at Clemson playing with Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, Mike Williams, Jaron Brown, Charone Peake, Artavis Scott and Dwayne Allen. So there's precedent for this archetype of player succeeding in this type of situation even if there are more talented prospects available. Restrepo is a better athlete than Hump too. The more I think about it the more I talk myself into it.

Yeah I agree. He brings more physicality and blocking to the position which is unique. Harley doesn't really do anything special so when he takes snaps it leaves you wanting more from someone else. At least with Restrepo he can give you production on quick throws to the flat while doing his job as a blocker. The other guys will eat up the majority of the targets while he still gives you something.

Which footage did you see per say?

In his film, one of his strongest assets is his quickness and change of direction.

Even in the above shared twitter video he make a filthy change of direction move and embarrassed the defender.

Just curious as to what lack of “change of direction you’re seeing, as I don’t quite see that on any of the videos from camps, games, etc., that I’ve seen from him?

Only thing that isn’t great is his speed, but he isn’t slow either.

Advertisement
Back