Manny with an offense

I think we'll consistently go above 30 with Lashlee. But I've also noticed that when we do generate an offense, our defense often has letdowns. The VT and FIU games last year, for example. We were up in the 4th vs. Florida and UNC, for example. We started coming back late vs FIU, and our defense collapsed.

We rarely fire on all engines. So, tbh, I'm just as worried about our defense as our offense. Baker does not inspire confidence.

We need the team that dominated Notre Dame in 2017 to show up regularly in 2021. No gimmicks or Cover-0 double blitzing, just straight out overpowering the opponent.

Advertisement
I expect the same. My reservation is Manure as a leader of men. If he repeats or even comes close to repeating his abysmal failure as a leader last year, then we'll likely see much better numbers offensively, but we'll still find ways to lose and no show and quit and not rise to the occasion. Then, goofballs will go right back to the "the offense (or defense) was good enough to win, but the defense (or offense) killed us" rap that they've been doing for 15 years now.
Bingo. And as for the really nice imported talent coming in, they will just be a band aid on a bullet hole if Manny can't get the guys he's coached 2-3 years to step up and play hard nosed, disciplined football.

It ALL starts at the top. I love all the additions, but they won't fix the culture by themselves. That job belongs to the head coach.

numbers don't lie, but i'm sure like myself, most canes fans are in"show me" mode ... the numbers have lined up in our favor before and we find a way to ***** it up ... that being said i'm excited about the teams potential ... they same thing i say every year
Exactly.....let us see the new hype on the field to believe it....

There was a stat last season that showed miami the last few years was undefeated when they scored 28 or more points. They did lose to vt last year scoring over 28 but still. I think we just need 30 a game. 30 and I think they definitely win 10 with ease. They go over that and they might go undefeated with this schedule

I agree with the overall sentiment and hope, friend. I've also been relegated to the "if we're going to lose at least let's be fun to watch" mindset too, so I dig it. In the end, though, losing will still suck.

I don't think bowl games are relevant in the least bit 99% of the time, but I thought I knew what rock bottom was, and I was sadly mistaken after watching the LA Tech game. I literally cannot handle anything like that again. It's not good for my health. So I'm with you, if we can't win every game, just please don't make me sit through something like that ever again.

I'll just take my chances with the defense being the reason the season gets wrecked. We've already checked offense, kicker, and punter off the list just in the last 3 years. It'd be very Miami of us to have the defense completely collapse this year and King put up pinball numbers, but I'll take my chances.

Advertisement
“Where is Dan?” OMG we just got Alabama’s next OC AND TATE MARTELL! I can’t wait to see MOTION and not all GO routes on 3rd and 5... our offense will help or D dominate even more... wait... wrong year...

Lol. Man I want to believe again and I am optimistic but pretty sure I felt the exact same way last year in June...

What I hope to see is the offense contributing to the teams success by racking up yards and scoring more points thus uplifting the mindset of the entire team. The offense clicking could have a ripple affect across the board.

I think we'll consistently go above 30 with Lashlee. But I've also noticed that when we do generate an offense, our defense often has letdowns. The VT and FIU games last year, for example. We were up in the 4th vs. Florida and UNC, for example. We started coming back late vs FIU, and our defense collapsed.

We rarely fire on all engines. So, tbh, I'm just as worried about our defense as our offense. Baker does not inspire confidence.

We need the team that dominated Notre Dame in 2017 to show up regularly in 2021. No gimmicks or Cover-0 double blitzing, just straight out overpowering the opponent.
Don't forget Louisville....

Advertisement
I'm interested to see how this offense and our defense mesh together this year. Manny was rightfully dragged by plenty of us on here all of last season, but at the end of the day..hes also the first coach we've had since butch who has legitimately made much needed schematic changes on either side of the ball. We need sustained success and structural integrity within this program, because we ain't ever gonna go on a coaching tear of Schnelly, JJ, Erickson and Butch again...not with this administration.

The pregame speech thing is movie ****. Ask Mike Irving after his spit-flying tirade before the final game at the OB against UVA.

Totally disagree.

Without Mel Gibson’s histrionics the Scots would have never beaten the English in the battle at Stirling Bridge.

Those pre-game speeches really work.

It's crazy that in 2018 we gave up 30 defensive points only one time (in the bowl game) and still managed to go 7-6.

In our 6 losses, we scored more than 17 points ONCE (21 @ GT). It's no secret that our offense has been our downfall these past 2 years. Hopefully Lashlee can find the keys to a capable offense, because capable may be all we need.

Wow this the one right here that tells me everything I need to know..

Advertisement
“Where is Dan?” OMG we just got Alabama’s next OC AND TATE MARTELL! I can’t wait to see MOTION and not all GO routes on 3rd and 5... our offense will help or D dominate even more... wait... wrong year...

Lol. Man I want to believe again and I am optimistic but pretty sure I felt the exact same way last year in June...
Last year was blind hope. This year we have a guy who has been a recent oc that actually produced.

To be real, the offense was pretty mediocre against Notre Dame too. Homer had a big game but 137 yards passing and 374 total yards of offense is very ho-hum. Turnovers and points off turnovers were the big difference in that game. If Notre Dame hadn't played two high safeties the entire game for no reason, Miami would have really struggled on offense.

To be real, the offense was pretty mediocre against Notre Dame too. Homer had a big game but 137 yards passing and 374 total yards of offense is very ho-hum. Turnovers and points off turnovers were the big difference in that game. If Notre Dame hadn't played two high safeties the entire game for no reason, Miami would have really struggled on offense.

It didn't hurt that Brandon Wimbush was absolutely, legitimately terrified.

But you're right...the defense was in a frenzy after the first drive (when Wimbush missed a WIDE OPEN TD that probably would have changed the course of the game considerably), but the offense was generally awful. We had a patent on turning turnovers into field goals that season.

Advertisement
In 1983, Miami lost on opening day 28-3. 4 months later, they won a national championship. Temple tells us very little. Just win and move on. And then do it 11 more times.

Bro; LOL. Did you really just bring up 1983?

@pacusmc is 1000% correct. This team's composite makeup is fragile right now, and in case you haven't noticed, when we lose or if a game is close w/ an inferior opponent, we don't have the type of mentality where we're looking to prove everyone wrong the following game; we fold.

Now, I fully expect to beat the brakes off of Temple this year, but don't you or any other fan for one second think that if we come out flat or lose that game to them that we're going to bounce back like it's 1983 again. You're my guy, but I gotta keep it 100 w/ you. Your analytics is spot on, and our offense should be moving and grooving, which is why I said and will continue to say this season, there is no excuse.

Bro; LOL. Did you really just bring up 1983?

@pacusmc is 1000% correct. This team's composite makeup is fragile right now, and in case you haven't noticed, when we lose or if a game is close w/ an inferior opponent, we don't have the type of mentality where we're looking to prove everyone wrong the following game; we fold.

Now, I fully expect to beat the brakes off of Temple this year, but don't you or any other fan for one second think that if we come out flat or lose that game to them that we're going to bounce back like it's 1983 again. You're my guy, but I gotta keep it 100 w/ you. Your analytics is spot on, and our offense should be moving and grooving, which is why I said and will continue to say this season, there is no excuse.

Homie...he literally said if the first half of the first game coming off a pandemic and breaking in a new offensive system that we've lost time installing is tight, then the season is gonna be rough. You don't think that's a little ridiculous? And re-read what I wrote a couple posts later...I agree, we ALWAYS implode after a loss. So I'm not saying if we lose to Temple we're gonna win a natty. That's absurd. But to say the whole season will be rough if we have a close game at halftime of Week 1 is probably even more ridiculous. If it was Bethune, maybe. But it's 1 half of football.

i bashed the kid but our offense has sucked *** since Kaaya left.

You got it right OP. CMD has proven that he can lead a solid DEF, annually in the Top 25. Can we just have a Top 40 Offense....if we do, then our kids will have success...and gentlemen, the floodgates will open

Have you noticed how somehow someway we annually are considered by Top 100 players, only to be left running 2nd-3rd-etc.....kids like the thought of playing at UM anyway, even when our team is no good. Can you imagine what happens when our team is annually in NY6 games/CFB Playoff contention AND us having a really solid recruiting staff???

Advertisement
Back