Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a fan of some of these moves. Glad DVD now has a bigger role in recruiting but not ready to be CB coach at Miami. Will be interesting to see how TRob and DVD work together. Dont want Baker in any coaching role at Miami and remains as DC/LB. Our LBs will continue to lack development. Like the Simpson hire. Seems like Manny struck out with big name DC and settled for the current default coaches. We had a great opportunity to upgrade the defensive staff and didn’t.

Advertisement
Waste of staff spots.

DVD as CB AND TRob as DB? Don't need a CB coach and DVD isn't ready yet.
Blake Baker as DC AND Manny calling plays?

Waste of two spots.

Could have an elite LB coach and an elite DC to call plays.

Happy about Simpson coming back, but stroud was a better recruiter. So DL is a wash.

We upgraded Rumph and Banda to TRob/DVD.

And baker is staying, the biggest travesty of it all.

Manny couldn't get any of the guys he wanted apparently.
Makes sense to offset Simpson's lack of recruiting with DVD, then that's a win. Baker's just so bad though. We had an opportunity there and dropped it.

I try to give Manny the benefit of the doubt. I really do. I do my absolute best to be real and rational when it comes to this program.

But this is a fail. Plain and simple. A complete fail. T-Rob was a GREAT hire. That was an A+ move. But, as I'm sure everyone will say (and rightfully so), why is Baker still here if Manny is calling the defense? Because he couldn't kill his buddy, that's why. That's the only reason.

There's just so much wrong with this. Baker should not be here if he's not the actual coordinator. DVD does not deserve an on-field role at a school like UM with his resume. And Manny should not be calling plays. He's not a coordinator anymore. Not being able to find someone who can field a competent defense is a stain on his tenure.

I don't mind Simpson. I know the guy can coach linemen. Yeah, we know recruiting wasn't his strong suit. But guys like Kool churned out DL after DL stud at Mizzou and he didn't recruit a lick. I can live with that.

This, to me, is simply Manny unable to drop the guillotine on Baker combined with him believing in his system. Manny thinks this defense, this scheme, called correctly, is the right answer. And, judging from what we say in 2016-2018, I can't be THAT mad at that. It's not perfect, but it was one of the better defenses in the country. I just cannot understand what role Baker still serves here. How does he even go to work everyday? I guess the paycheck is nice, but ****. It's like the Office Space line...."What is it that you say....YOU DO HERE???"

Oh well. It is what it is. I do think the defense will be better with Manny calling it. But this is not the situation a school like this should be in.

Advertisement
Hahahaha. Real coaches and real teams can Baker after UNC. Diaz is a politician, they know-how to wait till **** calm down to give u the do-do news. T Rob, great hire, Simpson is ok. How do u keep Parke and Baker and apparently Rumph is still on staff. Yall can get thee **** outa my face. U will hear a offseason of kool aid mixing and drinking till Bama.

Advertisement
I tried to tell the mopes that Rumph had not been fired. He‘s our best coach and Ed completely has his back 100%.
Again, COACHING is a group effort on this staff and the weakest ones are gone. TIFWIW

Just saw the official announcement. Apparently Rumph is staying in the recruiting department?

Advertisement
Back