Manny Will be Okay

bornagaincane

Recruit
This is Saban’’s record as first year coach:

1990 Toledo - 9-2
1995 Michigan State - 6-5
2000 LSU - 8-4
Alabama 2007 - 7-6

The point here is that Saban as an experienced coach at MSU and Alabaga had a similar record to Manny a rookie head coach last year. My point is that there is a chance that Manny will be okay beginning from this season.

Advertisement
Manny has won the off-season 2 years in a row. That's an excellent sign. He could be special.

The concern I still have is he has yet to fire one of his own. That was why Richt retired, he didn't want to fire his kid. Manny may never need to do it. But if he has to, he needs to put business before friendship. And Baker, Patke, Rumph are still question marks.

Advertisement
Manny has won the off-season 2 years in a row. That's an excellent sign. He could be special.

The concern I still have is he has yet to fire one of his own. That was why Richt retired, he didn't want to fire his kid. Manny may never need to do it. But if he has to, he needs to put business before friendship. And Baker, Patke, Rumph are still question marks.
He fired the highly paid OC.

I think I'll see how this season goes before making any judgment. Crowning him based on another coach's performance is just as bad as deciding we'll suck based on last year.
Agreed. Manny is not Saban but here’s hoping besides the swift and just firing of Penos, Barry, and Stubblefield that he did a ton of soul searching. It appears thus far in the off-season that he did especially with bringing in Lashlee, Likens, and Justice. But he also quit all the showman bits and has stuck simply to being the HC of the team. Thus far I’ve loved the changes across the board and the infusion of talent on the team. Let’s all hope that he truly learned massively from last year’s debacle and that the team looks might and day better come 11 days when we take the field versus UAB.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I am now dumber for reading this, thanks

1990 Toledo - 9-2
2000 LSU - 8-4
Alabama 2007 - 7-6

The point here is that Saban as an experienced coach at MSU and Alabaga had a similar record to Manny a rookie head coach last year. My point is that there is a chance that Manny will be okay beginning from this season.
The-Perfect-Storm-william-fichtner-12781240-853-480.jpg

I think I'll see how this season goes before making any judgment. Crowning him based on another coach's performance is just as bad as deciding we'll suck based on last year.
But the OP wasn't crowning him. His point was that just because Diaz had a bad first year at 6-7 doesn't mean that he can't rebound and have a good career. He cited the Saban example simply to establish precedent. All he is saying is that it is within the realm of possibility that Diaz can turn it around.

Advertisement

1990 Toledo - 9-2
2000 LSU - 8-4
Alabama 2007 - 7-6

Manny should have been fired the night of the FIU debacle.

1990 Toledo - 9-2
2000 LSU - 8-4
Alabama 2007 - 7-6

How exactly does Saban's career of success translate to Manuela again?

I'm slow this am.

But the OP wasn't crowning him. His point was that just because Diaz had a bad first year at 6-7 doesn't mean that he can't rebound and have a good career. He cited the Saban example simply to establish precedent. All he is saying is that it is within the realm of possibility that Diaz can turn it around.
And that's a valid point. The problem is comparing him to Saban is overdone.

Advertisement
Back