Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

And maybe the staff is going off of their past experiences too and know when a kid isn't interested. If this is the case, then they are probably doing the right thing prioritizing other kids.

IMHO, you always work the deal, just don't overwork it. If Jr. isn't interested, at least show him enough attention and let him know that attention increases the more interest he shows. So don't repeat the Jobe mistake and waste the effort to land him a spot in a private school, then fly up to personally move him into his dorm room. But do keep the lines open. Seems to me Manny has a good handle on this one.

Advertisement
IMHO, you always work the deal, just don't overwork it. If Jr. isn't interested, at least show him enough attention and let him know that attention increases the more interest he shows. So don't repeat the Jobe mistake and waste the effort to land him a spot in a private school, then fly up to personally move him into his dorm room. But do keep the lines open. Seems to me Manny has a good handle on this one.
The Jobe incident is the worst cucking a staff has ever taken. Don’t ever replicate that.

It's Jordan Battle all over. Says the local school isn't showing enough love. But no matter what we do, we're always his #2, with the #1 rotating between Ohio State or Bama or X.
We say stuff like this. But it only makes sense if you think we're actually doing everything we can do in recruiting and it won't work anyhow.

It's pretty obvious we haven't been the gold standard in recruiting practices. So not sure why we should think that the only reason kids spurn us is bags or it's foreordained. And Little is a legacy. Maybe his dad was clear with Manny and that's the explanation. If so, no problemo, that's the deal. But if people think Earl Little Sr. is messing around with the U, tell me why they think that.

It concerns me that @Liberty City El was extremely adamant that Little was coming if we hired T Rob. Since we hired T RoB and the bama smoke heated up, haven’t seen anything from our guy LCE. Hope he’s just a busy man and hasn’t had time to check in and feed us

Advertisement
EXACTLY.

The same time the narrative was we were slow playing Jordan...he was BEGGING OSU to be able to commit.
people just have to blame someone bc a kid has no interest in staying home. most kids want to get away and this one seems like it. glad the staff realized it early on and aren't gonna waste an entire cycle chasing someone who doesn't want to be chased. its going after dudes who don't want to be home at all that gets us in trouble.

the excuse before was the CB coach cant recruit. we now have a stud recruiter and developer at CB coach and a better d staff. kid wants to be gone. other options out there and find those and recruit those

****!!
And it’s only March. This place is gonna be a **** yard fight when visits open up.

I’ve always heard he wasn’t interested. So I never really worried about him. LSU or bama would be my bet as of today.
Exactly what was said on the 247 podcast - seems like it was always going to be SEC, preferably Bama or LSu

Advertisement
Kind of ****** of Earl Sr. To throw shade at his alma maters head coach to provide his kid coverage for not wanting to go to the U. Persona non grata!

I know Earl Sr. and I don't think that is what is happening. That is what SOME posters have speculated about, posters who don't know Earl and are just trying to contextualize what he said and why.

The Jobe incident is the worst cucking a staff has ever taken. Don’t ever replicate that.
Didn’t they fly up to Connecticut and meet with him at the prep school? And they had him meet with academic advisors to figure out his school situation.

This was happening when CIS knew for months he was trolling us. I don’t think he showed any class when he committed to bama either given the lengths they went for him. Just embarrassing.

Advertisement
Didn’t they fly up to Connecticut and meet with him at the prep school? And they had him meet with academic advisors to figure out his school situation.

This was happening when CIS knew for months he was trolling us. I don’t think he showed any class when he committed to bama either given the lengths they went for him. Just embarrassing

Embarrassing for Jobe.

Some of you guys kill me. He’s a father first and foremost and he’s going to and should protect his son. From his perspective, isn’t it jacked up that the head coach from another school is actively engaged in recruiting his son and the local head coach isn’t? Arguably the best head coach ever in the history of CFB is having convos with him and his son.

He wants the best for his son and if telling the media that Saban is actively involved in his son, that may garner more interest from other schools. As parents we should want our kids to have as many opportunities to excel as possible.

We have plenty of evidence that Manny isn’t good at recruiting so he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This was happening when CIS knew for months he was trolling us. I don’t think he showed any class when he committed to bama either given the lengths they went for him. Just embarrassing.
Didn’t CIS have his handler on a podcast...

Kids these days don't know what loyalty or having pride from where they came from is. Kids these days only care about how many followers they have or if the Jersey is cool. I've known Sr. since we were 16 but we're just Facebook friends now so I have NO INSIDE INFO to share. I do know however that since Jr was in diapers he wore UM gear everywhere just like pops. So there's a chance but again these kids today don't really care about anything but themselves. I always thought Jr. would be a CANE but I guess our down years has really pushed kids away.
If he goes to the kkk belt, he either doesn’t like/respect his dad, his dad was a weak influence, or his dad doesn’t really give a **** about UM.

Some girl at my work close to Sr. Says JR. Isn’t coming to Miami and has maintained this position for a few months now. I’ve asked for clarification and he wasn’t interested in Miami and wants to play in the SEC most likely at Baga.
Tbh man that conference when u watch ball they look like old UM. It's super attractive I get it....as a football fan it's just a different animal. As a Cane fan fuqem but I can separate myself and understand.

Advertisement
Back