Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
Why do you think it's nonsense? It's literally the point that set off this discussion. Don't come back with some semantics - this isn't about whether manny has ever communicated or not. That's silly.

Let's take it at face value. Saban's made personal communication a priority with this kid, and Manny hasn't. Half this board thinks that's purposeful on Manny's part. Maybe it is. But then they're basically agreeing with the post you call nonsense.

you cant take it face value tho in recruiting. there is always something else at play

in the end, him going to bama where they'll put another first round DB out there isnt a shock or even a surprise. not gonna lose sleep over it. just target the kids you have a shot at and not the ones who dont want to be home

Why do you think it's nonsense? It's literally the point that set off this discussion. Don't come back with some semantics - this isn't about whether manny has ever communicated or not. That's silly.

Let's take it at face value. Saban's made personal communication a priority with this kid, and Manny hasn't. Half this board thinks that's purposeful on Manny's part. Maybe it is. But then they're basically agreeing with the post you call nonsense.
I think Sr. is running interference for Jr. with this "communication breakdown" stuff.

He doesn't want to just come out and say that his son prefers or is likely to end up elsewhere. He'd rather people think Baga "outcommunicated" our staff.

It's silly.

I think Sr. is running interference for Jr. with this "communication breakdown" stuff.

He doesn't want to just come out and say that his son prefers or is likely to end up elsewhere. He'd rather people think Baga "outcommunicated" our staff.

It's silly.
I get that people are assuming this, but I don’t see why other than to protect themselves against emotional letdown.

Advertisement
They just switched CB coaches of course communication fell off. I think kids try to soften the blow instead of saying I dont want to go to UM.

Not true. According to Sr., "DVD has always been on point." And seems like he had a relationship with both parents and Jr. before being hired.

It is not surprising that most people mad at Sr. did not bother to hear out what he had to say.

I get that people are assuming this, but I don’t see why other than to protect themselves against emotional letdown.
I'm not gonna try to analyze anyone else's motivations. No emotional letdown for me as I've never believed we were in the driver's seat for this recruit.

He is a massive traitor if he doesn't come here, though, and I have no problem stamping him with that label.

I also think Dad, as a former player, is trying to avoid that label for his son. It won't work, but he's trying (and is all unnecessary and silly if you ask me).

I'm not gonna try to analyze anyone else's motivations. No emotional letdown for me as I've never believed we were in the driver's seat for this recruit.

He is a massive traitor if he doesn't come here, though, and I have no problem stamping him with that label.

I also think Dad, as a former player, is trying to avoid that label for his son. It won't work, but he's trying (and is all unnecessary and silly if you ask me).
I don’t think we really know for certain but this wouldn’t be shocking either. I think if this is what it is then the father should just say it’s the kid’s decision and/or he picked Bama based on recent track record. I also think that if we are recruiting kids we really do want, and Manny is reaching out to the kids and parents, then great. If he isn’t then he needs to.

Advertisement
Didn’t they fly up to Connecticut and meet with him at the prep school? And they had him meet with academic advisors to figure out his school situation.

This was happening when CIS knew for months he was trolling us. I don’t think he showed any class when he committed to bama either given the lengths they went for him. Just embarrassing.
Jobe and class in the same sentence, lmao! He doesn’t know either meaning of "class"

Hard to imagine being a UM legend and after everything that school provided for you, to not instill that into your kid. We have a legit DB coach now. I don’t see an excuse to not send your kid here.
maybe the kid wants to get out of Florida. It's no different from a "regular" kid looking at schools.

Advertisement
Advertisement

People might want to consider this: maybe EL Sr doesn't care what others think and wants what he thinks is best for his son?

Granted, coming to Miami would be a great choice, but if Team Little isn't sold on that...

If you think about, what legacy athlete has truly contributed to success of Miami's program??

Not just sons, expand it to cousins...it isnt exactly of who's who of Hurricane greatness.

Last edited:
Do you really think our coaches don’t know exactly where they stand with this kid?

What “people” say here is irrelevant to what’s occurring. The reality is you can only recruit a kid who wants to be recruited.
Why do you reply to this guy? Been on my ignore list since day one. I think I only have two people on it and this guy is one of them.

From what the talent scouts here say about Little, he is alright. Not going to lose sleep on him going away. I read here Spells and some of the other guys we on have a higher ceiling. I love recruiting and CIS in the spring almost more than the games.

Advertisement
Back