Manny Suxx MEGA THREAD

For Blake, it will be 8 wins with no embarrassing losses outside of Bama.

For me, 10-2 given our schedule. Really should only lose the Bama and one conference game(UNC).
Yeah, I think 8 without getting utterly embarrassed is enough for BJ. 7 may not be enough.

Advertisement
1610490719272.gif

Similar industry, but higher up the food chain. I'm really not interested in a flame war. Debate what I said on its merits if you want to, I'll take you up on that... but I'm not doing the whole pointless back and forth. Another time, perhaps.

You're "higher up the food chain" than a guy who was managing billions of dollars by the time he was 25?

OK..... that makes sense. I'm sure you're a Wall Street executive. Because someone who has all the completely asinine, uninformed, myopic theories like you do sounds like a person with an Ivy League MBA to me.

Funny how it seems so pointless to go back and forth when all of a sudden you get called out.

Would you like to discuss hedging beta, the efficient frontier, capital structure relevancy, or portfolio insurance? I'm sure you have keen insight as to active vs. passive management, barbell strategies and endowment management.

I get you had that fabulous music career, but maybe don't go making accusations about people when you know d!ck s#i+, because you look like even more like a complete idiot when you get called out.

Advertisement
Manny ain't getting fired. Here's how the world works, especially in a third-world corrupt America-in-name-only banana republic like Miami/Dade....

Manny Diaz is the son of a powerful politician. People like that get special treatment. Our BOT are going to give him that special treatment because it's in their interest to have the leader of the Florida Democratic Party in their good graces. You scratch my back, and I'll let your son play at being head coach for the University of Miami. Special favors. That kind of thing.

Manny is going to get the longest leash possible. There is zero heat on him, guaranteed. If anyone is going to be the sacrificial lamb, they'll fire Blake James, but not Manny. Not as long as daddy can help out Royal Caribbean with a special hookup, or something like that.

This ain't about football. I don't believe for a minute that Blake James decided to hire Manny on his own. It was a political favor, and the BOT is behind it.

Against my better judgment, but in an effort to understand this post and where it comes from, I'm going to ignore the "p rhymes with troglodytical" and xenophobic parts of this for the moment....

Is it your working theory that cronyism, nepotism, and other forms of corruption possible only in a place like Miami-Dade County are at play in the decision to hire and retain Diaz? More particularly, are you saying that the BOT is behind Diaz's hiring/retention as a quid pro quo to Diaz Sr., former Mayor, in exchange for unspecified "p rhymes with troglodytical" favors? And that Diaz Sr., as Chair of the Florida Democratic Party (as of 3 days ago), is providing the BOT "special favors" in exchange for having the BOT protect his son's job as HC?

If I have properly summarized your working theory, I have a few questions:

* Do you have any evidence to support these claims? What sort of "special favors" are we talking about here? That you know of, has Diaz Sr. ever performed a "p rhymes with troglodytical" favor for Richard Fain (Royal Caribbean Cruises CEO)?
* Diaz Sr. had been largely out of "p rhymes with analytics" for about a decade, so how far back does this conspiracy go? Was this a long play by the BOT, who was hoping/anticipating Diaz Sr. would jump back into "p rhymes with analytics"? Does this go all the way back to Diaz's hiring as DC, or was that just a lucky break for the BOT? Was Richt involved? If Richt was involved, was he a willing participant or did they threaten/manipulate him? Did they use Jon as leverage? Was Temple or their AD involved in any way?
* Is it only certain members of the BOT getting "special favors", or is the entire body (nearly 100 trustees) on board? Are these personal/business favors or favors for UM as well?
* Is Blake James being manipulated/threatened by the BOT, or is he a willing participant in this charade? If the BOT inevitably fires Blake James, will Diaz Sr. use his "p rhymes with troglodytical" power to force the BOT into hiring his son's preferred AD, or is there a limit to the BOT's willingness to color outside the lines?

Legitimately curious for your responses.

So, you think Texas was just too toxic and that's why it didn't work? Something is very fishy about the whole Herman thing. He absolutely monstered it at a non-P5 school, played in a major bowl and won (I think). If ever there was a coach who was ascending and for very good reason, it was Herman.

Then, he left Houston for Texas and just couldn't get it done. Granted, there have been reports for years on how toxic it is at Texas with the interference of the alums and bull donors, but still. It's Texas. It really makes about as much sense as Kyle Wright not being much better than he was. Probably less. Herman is a cautionary tale in how you just don't know how something's gonna turn out until it does.

So, why did Tom fail? It is a head scratcher. He might actually be a championship coach, but I wouldn't want to risk it as his 1st HC job after UT. He ought to go back to Houston and see if he can wrassle something together there again.
I should have said after another stint somewhere...see if he still has it.

Texas just seems like a giant dumpster fire with unlimited money to burn. They haven’t had any success in football or hoops since they ran off Mack and Rick (though the basketball team has a pulse this year).

Advertisement
Against my better judgment, but in an effort to understand this post and where it comes from, I'm going to ignore the "p rhymes with troglodytical" and xenophobic parts of this for the moment....

Is it your working theory that cronyism, nepotism, and other forms of corruption possible only in a place like Miami-Dade County are at play in the decision to hire and retain Diaz? More particularly, are you saying that the BOT is behind Diaz's hiring/retention as a quid pro quo to Diaz Sr., former Mayor, in exchange for unspecified "p rhymes with troglodytical" favors? And that Diaz Sr., as Chair of the Florida Democratic Party (as of 3 days ago), is providing the BOT "special favors" in exchange for having the BOT protect his son's job as HC?

If I have properly summarized your working theory, I have a few questions:

* Do you have any evidence to support these claims? What sort of "special favors" are we talking about here? That you know of, has Diaz Sr. ever performed a "p rhymes with troglodytical" favor for Richard Fain (Royal Caribbean Cruises CEO)?
* Diaz Sr. had been largely out of "p rhymes with analytics" for about a decade, so how far back does this conspiracy go? Was this a long play by the BOT, who was hoping/anticipating Diaz Sr. would jump back into "p rhymes with analytics"? Does this go all the way back to Diaz's hiring as DC, or was that just a lucky break for the BOT? Was Richt involved? If Richt was involved, was he a willing participant or did they threaten/manipulate him? Did they use Jon as leverage? Was Temple or their AD involved in any way?
* Is it only certain members of the BOT getting "special favors", or is the entire body (nearly 100 trustees) on board? Are these personal/business favors or favors for UM as well?
* Is Blake James being manipulated/threatened by the BOT, or is he a willing participant in this charade? If the BOT inevitably fires Blake James, will Diaz Sr. use his "p rhymes with troglodytical" power to force the BOT into hiring his son's preferred AD, or is there a limit to the BOT's willingness to color outside the lines?

Legitimately curious for your responses.

Clearly, one of two factors MUST be at work, if "OneHitWonder" is to be believed.

1. Over 80 UM trustees are banking on the fact that Manny's father runs for office again (and wins) and can do favors for them in the future.

Or

2. When Manny's father did favors for over 80 UM trustees in the past, it was with the explicit arrangement that, sometime in the future, those same trustees would hire Manny's son.

I'm sure that RightSaidFred has figured this all out, what with his Yale MBA, and that the rest of us are idiot 1-dimensional Checkers players.

I'm not sure there's a magical number. We did something this year we had not previously done-beat the teams we're supposed to beat in the manner that we're supposed to beat them. In that sense, there was progress. However, we looked very subpar against upper echelon competition. Manny needs to start winning those games-and at a minimum-not falling flat on his face as we did against Clemson and UNC.

I should have said after another stint somewhere...see if he still has it.

Texas just seems like a giant dumpster fire with unlimited money to burn. They haven’t had any success in football or hoops since they ran off Mack and Rick (though the basketball team has a pulse this year).
Perfectly stated. We've been a dumpster fire for the better part of 20 years without unlimited money to burn. Hopeful that it is changing for us.

Advertisement
This might be the dumbest post/thread ever. Our program had fallen so far from the top. Manny made changes last year that needed to be made, and he's doing so again this year. That being said, the upward trend does need to continue for him to be kept, although a conference championship is not a necessity net season. And he better fire Baker NOW!

I wish more Hurricane fans were like you

What can I say? I'd like to think I have a nose for fine art. Give me a glass of Lafite Rothschild, a stroll through the Guggenheim, and Right Said Fred.... played at a loud yet socially-acceptable volume.

You have the tone-deaf, unfunny sense of humor of a very old Empirical Cane.

You two porsters should spend a lot of quality time together, making each other laugh with your hilarious jokes.

Advertisement
Dont disagree with OP's goal but realistically 8 wins and he is safe for year 4 with seating getting hot unless we bomb the last 3-4 games in horrific fashion (FIU/LA Tech type losses). 7 wins and his seat his is very hot, likely gone. 6 wins or less and significant pressure on Blake to fire him (and Blake himself to get fired), he's gone.

At this point, he cant blame the offense or defense coordinators and fire them to save himself again (only good news)

Clearly, one of two factors MUST be at work, if "OneHitWonder" is to be believed.

1. Over 80 UM trustees are banking on the fact that Manny's father runs for office again (and wins) and can do favors for them in the future.

Or

2. When Manny's father did favors for over 80 UM trustees in the past, it was with the explicit arrangement that, sometime in the future, those same trustees would hire Manny's son.

I'm sure that RightSaidFred has figured this all out, what with his Yale MBA, and that the rest of us are idiot 1-dimensional Checkers players.

I stick to Parcheesi.
Royal edition or GTFO.

Advertisement
Back