Manny Suxx MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
If they were going to fire Diaz they'd have done it after the disastrous 6-7 season where they lost to FIU and were shutout by La Tech in the Bowl game.

That's two EMBARRASSING losses for a rushed hire that apparently Blake James made behind everyone's back. If someone from the BOT was pushing for Diaz's removal they had all the ammunition in the world right there.

Dude came back the next year, ditched his OC, fixed his ST K/P problems, won 8 games and finished #22 overall. As much as everyone hates the losses to Clemson and UNC, dude is as safe as houses right now.

Yeah, like I said, I don't believe Blake James made that decision. The only way you approve a $3 million functional cost that quickly is with the board, IMO. He was literally hired overnight.

It's special favors. And he won't be fired... the people in the BOT don't want to burn that bridge with the Diaz family. Especially not for the sake of a football program they don't give a single **** about.

He sticks around until they absolutely have to fire him, and even then... they'll make sure he has a soft landing place. Like he takes a job somewhere else, or something like that. If they have any cover at all to keep him around, that's what they'll do.

IMO

Bring in the Pirate!! If they're going to **** away Miami's chances of building a championship team, then at least bring in a guy who's going to be entertaining as ****. Who knows what he might do with the speed in SFL.

Someone make it stop

OMG! Not another one
07AC4671-3058-4538-AC60-0EEF3A266B94.jpeg

Advertisement
There are definitely pros and cons to Manny Diaz. But we just finished the season ranked, have back to back great bordering on possibly elite recruiting classes, we are about to pull 3 studs from the transfer portal, and ppl are still in their feelings.

Oh n I forgot pulling the DB coach that basically everyone wanted.

The hate is suspect af, got a feeling its coming from an ignorant place.

It's coming from a place of having the worst defensive performance in school history only a few weeks ago. That **** was inexcusable.

And the man lost to FIU last year and went 6-7 overall in 2019, so it's not like he's built up any good will.

If you can't understand that, then you don't understand how fans think.... that's all.

Advertisement
Manny ain't getting fired. Here's how the world works, especially in a third-world corrupt America-in-name-only banana republic like Miami/Dade....

Manny Diaz is the son of a powerful politician. People like that get special treatment. Our BOT are going to give him that special treatment because it's in their interest to have the leader of the Florida Democratic Party in their good graces. You scratch my back, and I'll let your son play at being head coach for the University of Miami. Special favors. That kind of thing.

Manny is going to get the longest leash possible. There is zero heat on him, guaranteed. If anyone is going to be the sacrificial lamb, they'll fire Blake James, but not Manny. Not as long as daddy can help out Royal Caribbean with a special hookup, or something like that.

This ain't about football. I don't believe for a minute that Blake James decided to hire Manny on his own. It was a political favor, and the BOT is behind it.

Congratulations! This is the new dumbest post in the history of this site.

There are definitely pros and cons to Manny Diaz. But we just finished the season ranked, have back to back great bordering on possibly elite recruiting classes, we are about to pull 3 studs from the transfer portal, and ppl are still in their feelings.

Oh n I forgot pulling the DB coach that basically everyone wanted.

The hate is suspect af, got a feeling its coming from an ignorant place.
He said “when”... could be today, could be tomorrow, could be 10 years or more from now. The day will come though... although in my opinion it should have happened the night of the FIU game. Regardless, dude keeps Baker on staff and he’s most likely gonzo sooner than later... believe dat!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We all know Miami Dade is corrupt as ****. One of the funniest things to follow in the past few years was David Beckham trying to build a stadium in this town. He was in constant awe at how many palms he had to grease just to get paperwork filed. Like what kind of third-world **** is this lol.

Or when the Marlins got their stadium, which used to be our stadium.

I mean... it's kind of funny. They don't even try to hide how corrupt they are.

Dude. The Trustees have far, FAR more sway, influence and connections. Do you have any idea who Leonard Abess, Philip Frost, David Epstein, Stuart Miller, Marcus Lemonis, Paul Cejas, Paul DiMare, Jorge Perez or Alfonso Fanjul are?

Corruption is one thing but none of these people need an ex-mayor to scratch their backs. Half of this list are billionaires.

Advertisement
Back