Booty/Titty Gif Connoisseur
- Jan 27, 2017
Similar industry, but higher up the food chain. I'm really not interested in a flame war. Debate what I said on its merits if you want to, I'll take you up on that... but I'm not doing the whole pointless back and forth. Another time, perhaps.
Manny ain't getting fired. Here's how the world works, especially in a third-world corrupt America-in-name-only banana republic like Miami/Dade....
Manny Diaz is the son of a powerful politician. People like that get special treatment. Our BOT are going to give him that special treatment because it's in their interest to have the leader of the Florida Democratic Party in their good graces. You scratch my back, and I'll let your son play at being head coach for the University of Miami. Special favors. That kind of thing.
Manny is going to get the longest leash possible. There is zero heat on him, guaranteed. If anyone is going to be the sacrificial lamb, they'll fire Blake James, but not Manny. Not as long as daddy can help out Royal Caribbean with a special hookup, or something like that.
This ain't about football. I don't believe for a minute that Blake James decided to hire Manny on his own. It was a political favor, and the BOT is behind it.
I should have said after another stint somewhere...see if he still has it.So, you think Texas was just too toxic and that's why it didn't work? Something is very fishy about the whole Herman thing. He absolutely monstered it at a non-P5 school, played in a major bowl and won (I think). If ever there was a coach who was ascending and for very good reason, it was Herman.
Then, he left Houston for Texas and just couldn't get it done. Granted, there have been reports for years on how toxic it is at Texas with the interference of the alums and bull donors, but still. It's Texas. It really makes about as much sense as Kyle Wright not being much better than he was. Probably less. Herman is a cautionary tale in how you just don't know how something's gonna turn out until it does.
So, why did Tom fail? It is a head scratcher. He might actually be a championship coach, but I wouldn't want to risk it as his 1st HC job after UT. He ought to go back to Houston and see if he can wrassle something together there again.
Against my better judgment, but in an effort to understand this post and where it comes from, I'm going to ignore the "p rhymes with troglodytical" and xenophobic parts of this for the moment....
Is it your working theory that cronyism, nepotism, and other forms of corruption possible only in a place like Miami-Dade County are at play in the decision to hire and retain Diaz? More particularly, are you saying that the BOT is behind Diaz's hiring/retention as a quid pro quo to Diaz Sr., former Mayor, in exchange for unspecified "p rhymes with troglodytical" favors? And that Diaz Sr., as Chair of the Florida Democratic Party (as of 3 days ago), is providing the BOT "special favors" in exchange for having the BOT protect his son's job as HC?
If I have properly summarized your working theory, I have a few questions:
* Do you have any evidence to support these claims? What sort of "special favors" are we talking about here? That you know of, has Diaz Sr. ever performed a "p rhymes with troglodytical" favor for Richard Fain (Royal Caribbean Cruises CEO)?
* Diaz Sr. had been largely out of "p rhymes with analytics" for about a decade, so how far back does this conspiracy go? Was this a long play by the BOT, who was hoping/anticipating Diaz Sr. would jump back into "p rhymes with analytics"? Does this go all the way back to Diaz's hiring as DC, or was that just a lucky break for the BOT? Was Richt involved? If Richt was involved, was he a willing participant or did they threaten/manipulate him? Did they use Jon as leverage? Was Temple or their AD involved in any way?
* Is it only certain members of the BOT getting "special favors", or is the entire body (nearly 100 trustees) on board? Are these personal/business favors or favors for UM as well?
* Is Blake James being manipulated/threatened by the BOT, or is he a willing participant in this charade? If the BOT inevitably fires Blake James, will Diaz Sr. use his "p rhymes with troglodytical" power to force the BOT into hiring his son's preferred AD, or is there a limit to the BOT's willingness to color outside the lines?
Legitimately curious for your responses.
Perfectly stated. We've been a dumpster fire for the better part of 20 years without unlimited money to burn. Hopeful that it is changing for us.I should have said after another stint somewhere...see if he still has it.
Texas just seems like a giant dumpster fire with unlimited money to burn. They haven’t had any success in football or hoops since they ran off Mack and Rick (though the basketball team has a pulse this year).
This might be the dumbest post/thread ever. Our program had fallen so far from the top. Manny made changes last year that needed to be made, and he's doing so again this year. That being said, the upward trend does need to continue for him to be kept, although a conference championship is not a necessity net season. And he better fire Baker NOW!
What can I say? I'd like to think I have a nose for fine art. Give me a glass of Lafite Rothschild, a stroll through the Guggenheim, and Right Said Fred.... played at a loud yet socially-acceptable volume.
Clearly, one of two factors MUST be at work, if "OneHitWonder" is to be believed.
1. Over 80 UM trustees are banking on the fact that Manny's father runs for office again (and wins) and can do favors for them in the future.
2. When Manny's father did favors for over 80 UM trustees in the past, it was with the explicit arrangement that, sometime in the future, those same trustees would hire Manny's son.
I'm sure that RightSaidFred has figured this all out, what with his Yale MBA, and that the rest of us are idiot 1-dimensional Checkers players.