Manny says that Jarren "Safethrow" Williams is still the guy

I'm not, but your brain will not allow you to process that I am giving you actual data. Do you really want me to go on YouTube and pull the clips? On the last drive he missed Hightower deep for go-ahead touchdown on a 30 + yard pass. Just before half-time he hid KJ in stride for 30 plus yard pass but he fell down.
As a matter of fact, pull the clips of all JWs deep throws. Shouldn't be that much.... Let's see em

Advertisement
As a matter of fact, pull the clips of all JWs deep throws. Shouldn't be that much.... Let's see em

Well, without much effort, was @Lance Roffers making this up?:

"Miami throws a bomb on 1st down and it’s incomplete. If Jarren sees that UNC has man coverage to the side of the receiver who ran the fly route, he’d see he has 20 yards of green grass to run to.

Huge missed opportunity"

There's another one about 5 post above it where he missed Harley deep....

Tell me one person who believes Jarren has the balls or ability to make that play that Kosi made at the end of the game for the TD. I just don't think Jarren makes that play.

Maybe he will after sitting a couple games and watching Nkosi live. Jarren is a worlds better QB. He just needs to gain confidence in the deep ball.

That's one. What about the other 4 or 5? Second drive going deep to KJ?

You guys can invent whatever narrative you want, but Perry was not accurate downfield tonight. At all.
You're the one inventing that he threw 5 deep passes in the game( 1 to pope, kj, and i think harley)...your narrative is to nitpick and scrutinize his every move once he comes into the stadium. Nitpick on the 4-5 drops from the receivers and the times he threw it away instead taking a sack or throwing an int. Stats should have been 21 for 27 but i don't like throwing out numbers bc they do lie sometimes. He manage the game well considering his OC went into full ****** mode again with his playcalling. But you go right ahead and continue your HATE. you saw all these overthrown deepballs, well can you pls produce some video so i see them all.

What he said specifically was that he felt he could break on his balls. Which by the way, they did plenty of on Perry, too, but he got lucky. Make no mistake Virginia Tech drop two or three interceptions off of Perry as well.
They dropped 1...stop making up **** lame

Advertisement
You're the one inventing that he threw 5 deep passes in the game( 1 to pope, kj, and i think harley)...your narrative is to nitpick and scrutinize his every move once he comes into the stadium. Nitpick on the 4-5 drops from the receivers and the times he threw it away instead taking a sack or throwing an int. Stats should have been 21 for 27 but i don't like throwing out numbers bc they do lie sometimes. He manage the game well considering his OC went into full ****** mode again with his playcalling. But you go right ahead and continue your HATE. you saw all these overthrown deepballs, well can you pls produce some video so i see them all.

16:30... Here's on you missed...

Anybody else?

Advertisement
Plays are open. QBs don't make throws. Play caller sucks???

Red zone offense yes, from the first drive to the last drive yes. Reason why we didn't go after the safety playing cornerback when the starter got hurt, oh we did, on the last drive in the 4th quarter. Jordan's run on the goal line was classic.
If anyone is happy with Enos at this time with his play calling put down the pipe.

All but one of Jarren's games was better than Kosi's.
If all you’re focused on is stats Jarren is always going to win that battle. He piled up some good stats in losses and kept his completion percentage up by checking down and by eating the football on sacks instead of throwing it away.

Perry does a lot of football stuff that doesn’t show up in stats. If Perry evades the rush and throws the ball away where Jarren would have held it and taken a sack the stats tell you Jarren made the better play, but football tells you Perry made the better play.

Stat nerds need to study football and quit making everything into a fantasy game.

Advertisement
IMO I personally don’t think Manny has any business declaring JW as “our guy”! What message does this send to Kosi? You ain’t good enough?!!! You have to create completion at every position and no one should be guaranteed a job. Let them earn it! Was Jarren that much better than Kosi when they declared Jarren the starter. The word was that they were very close. Let them prove in practice and in games. Some players are poor practice players but light up when in the game. I’m for whoever can lead my Canes to victory and at the moment it seems Kosi is well ahead of Williams.

Dawg we get it you don't like perry and love jarren. But lets not act like jarren is great at making reads. He missed a lot of reads too and it takes him too long to make decisions.

Jarren is a better pure passer but kosi is a better playmaker. We know kosi gone fúck up at times. We know he gone take some risky throws and miss some reads. But the dude has shown the ability to make plays when needed.
Very true. Dee is a good dude. He’s close to Jarren though.

Maybe he will after sitting a couple games and watching Nkosi live. Jarren is a worlds better QB. He just needs to gain confidence in the deep ball.
That's the best we can hope for at this point... And I wouldnt say he's worlds better. You're giving him way too much credit.

Advertisement
If all you’re focused on is stats Jarren is always going to win that battle. He piled up some good stats in losses and kept his completion percentage up by checking down and by eating the football on sacks instead of throwing it away.

Perry does a lot of football stuff that doesn’t show up in stats. If Perry evades the rush and throws the ball away where Jarren would have held it and taken a sack the stats tell you Jarren made the better play, but football tells you Perry made the better play.

Stat nerds need to study football and quit making everything into a fantasy game.
Absolutely perfect breakdown and analysis

Last edited:
I saw some of Perry's passes that were not on target, especially the long pass down field where he over-threw the receiver that probably would have been a TD. It may come down to who is the better situational qb and not who has the better arm. However, I haven't given up on Jarren... especially when you consider that if the defense would have shown up to play football for UF, UNC and VT we would easily be undefeated.

Advertisement
Back