Manny Navarro's interview with TVD

Advertisement
You need to do your homework. But I get it, it could be “trouble” because this is CIS and everything doom and gloom.
Cool. Can you show me where he said he was going to be running a completely different offense than what he's ran his entire career? I'd like to read up on it.

Cool. Can you show me where he said he was going to be running a completely different offense than what he's ran his entire career? I'd like to read up on it.
Who said it’s completely different? It just won’t be an air raid. Feel free to look at the film of all the programs he called the offense. You’ll see it isn’t exactly the same. In fact, I expect him to put in new things into our offense.

Caleb Williams has the arm talent and versatility to succeed in ALMOST any scheme, better? He's accurate at pretty much all depths in his throws, has great feet and awareness in the pocket, is great in the RPO game, can see a defense well and really the only knock on his game is sometimes he trusts a play too much and holds on to the ball longer than he should instead of throwing it away. We've never really seen him for an extended period playing from under center so I guess if you want to say he wouldn't fit there you'd at least have an argument. Although, I think with his smarts and ability, he'd be able to handle that as well but there's not really tangible evidence so it's just an opinion.

What scheme do you think he'd struggle in?

I already answered this. Idgaf about the throws he can make and any of his physical attributes. It takes more than that to be successful in certain systems.

You think Caleb Williams can run a traditional under center bro style offense with timing drops and turning his back to the defense, with 7 to 9 players in the box consistently, from tight formations, with 11, 12 and 13 personnel?

Jeff Fisher, Bill Cowher, type systems?

Man, this boy been in shotgun his whole life. He's not running any system that asked him to do those things.

Many a coach have destroyed talented QBs forcing them into those types of offenses or systems they just have no repetition running.

The odds are not in Caleb Williams favor to be any different. He can adapt to a system where majority of the formations utilize shotgun and spread the receivers? Yeah I'd agree. But ANY SYTEM? **** NO.

GATTIS WOULDA DESTROYED EVEN HIM

Advertisement
I already answered this. Idgaf about the throws he can make and any of his physical attributes. It takes more than that to be successful in certain systems.

You think Caleb Williams can run a traditional under center bro style offense with timing drops and turning his back to the defense, with 7 to 9 players in the box consistently, from tight formations, with 11, 12 and 13 personnel?

Jeff Fisher, Bill Cowher, type systems?

Man, this boy been in shotgun his whole life. He's not running any system that asked him to do those things.

Many a coach have destroyed talented QBs forcing them into those types of offenses or systems they just have no repetition running.

The odds are not in Caleb Williams favor to be any different. He can adapt to a system where majority of the formations utilize shotgun and spread the receivers? Yeah I'd agree. But ANY SYTEM? **** NO.

GATTIS WOULDA DESTROYED EVEN HIM
Again, so you are saying that because you've never seen him do it, it just means he can't? We're going to ignore his abilities and his IQ of the game and just assume he can't succeed in those systems? That's crazy. Football is full of guys who can play different styles and offer scheme versatility.

The average QB, I agree with you on, they can't just pick up any scheme and play. They need an offense tailored to their skill sets. But then you have guys like Caleb who have everything you need to succeed in other styles as well. We're talking about a kid that was **** near a perfect QB prospect coming out of HS. Is going under center his biggest strength? Probably not, but I'd be willing to bet he would still be successful at it because of his ability and football IQ.

We can all agree in the end….Gattis was the wrong man for the job, however the one thing I can’t let go about the MTSU game is how bad TVD played and we blamed Gattis but then insert Garcia in that SAME **** system and Garcia made it a game. **** the entire side
line lit up in joy when Garcia came in

TVD has to stop being a one trick pony QB and lead this team

We can all agree in the end….Gattis was the wrong man for the job, however the one thing I can’t let go about the MTSU game is how bad TVD played and we blamed Gattis but then insert Garcia in that SAME **** system and Garcia made it a game. **** the entire side
line lit up in joy when Garcia came in

TVD has to stop being a one trick pony QB and lead this team
wtf are you talking about? one trick pony? Garcia's completion percent in that game was 52%. Can't wait to see Garcia light up the Hardrock crowd this year. Enough of this idiocy. MOVE ON

Advertisement
wtf are you talking about? one trick pony? Garcia's completion percent in that game was 52%. Can't wait to see Garcia light up the Hardrock crowd this year. Enough of this idiocy. MOVE ON
Garcia almost brought them back in the broken offensive system TVD struggled with

Advertisement
He’s gonna spend more time on the Missouri River than he is the Missouri roster.

Probably true. What does that have to do with the questions around the MTSU game?

Gattis was garbage. Mario was a **** idiot for hiring him. A bigger idiot for not controlling the dynamic. And TVD played horribly.

When he’s on, TVD can sling it - everyone here wants and hopes he is on this season…and slinging it…. We’ve seen him do it and we’ve seen him not do it and we’ve seen him start super slowly…. We need him to do it!

Let’s hope he does!

Thats mtsu game is funny because tvd was so bad that people really thought garcia was good😂😂😂😂 he had a couple of good throws but was staring down receivers just like tvd was, lucky to not have a couple of picks too. Some of yall are really clueless lol

Advertisement
I'll let you choose. And you clearly can't type profanity on here so you calling out that I used "shii" is extra lame with no purpose.
Let's fix that.

Go to Preferences
1690382011283.png

Make sure to uncheck Profanity Filter.
1690382043390.png

Click the Save button and type in all the **** you want.

Advertisement
Back