Manny Laughing his *** off

Advertisement
I just want him to stack talent right now. I’ve never thought he was remotely a coaching savant but I do need him to be a hiring savant. That hasn’t been the case. He can’t possibly think this is all players. This starts with him and hiring Gattis to run what Mario wants to run. I don’t think he’ll change but im open to being pleasantly surprised with the next OC hire. Regrettably I think he’ll hire and run the same philosophy.

I have no idea what he'll do.

I know this, you can only get recruits here if you pay them now. So effectively, anyone can recruit at this level since it's about the money. You start winning, that gives people more incentive to come and likely you can spread money around even more as it isn't costing you as much.

If I was one of the guys funding this venture, I'd say the well has runneth dry if you don't fire Gattis this very second. I'll pay it. The money for the next guy will be there if he meets certain requirements. Got a problem with it, want to keep it the same, sorry about you.

Might sound disfunctuonal, but this is the way big college athletics work. At least until you as a coach get the point that you've proven yourself and then big money is coming in from all directions.

If he's left to make his own choice, good luck to us. You could very well be correct.

Last edited:
Lol Manny is partly to blame for this mess. These are the kids he recruited and he left certain positions absolutely bare (LB, WR, DE). Not to mention the absolute train wreck of an OL he left that can't push a group of kindergartens off the ball.

Advertisement
If he's laughing, although I doubt it, so be it.
If he does get some joy out of it, oh well.

Regardless of whether he sucked as a coach, UM could have handled his dismissal and their search for a new coach in a much better manner.

Lol Manny is partly to blame for this mess. These are the kids he recruited and he left certain positions absolutely bare (LB, WR, DE). Not to mention the absolute train wreck of an OL he left that can't push a group of kindergartens off the ball.
Manny shîtty culture and talent are a part of the problem for certain. There’s issues all around. Not just Mario and staph.

Advertisement
Manny was a horrible HC but his one redeeming quality was this he wasn't overly stubborn. He was willing to change. We're stuck with Mario for minimum 6-7 years so better hope he's willing to change as well or Miami is literally dead

Dude, it’s the opposite. You don’t understand how this works. This is called a bump class. This is when he’s supposed to reel it in. If he doesn’t kill It in his bump year he’s toast.
I hear what you are saying but a Top 15 class in year 1 coming off a 4-8 season is pretty good.

Got to imagine this feels so good for him, Manny was garbage as a HC but at least he understood we had to run an Uptempo Spread offense here to be successful after doing the opposite the previous 15 years and failing.
Would you seriously rather still have manny right now?

Manny shîtty culture and talent are a part of the problem for certain. There’s issues all around. Not just Mario and staph.

Kids can spot bull**** from a mile away. When you keep trying to do the same things and they don't succeed, they'll look at you like you're crazy and quit working. Seems that's the way the offense has gone. Defense is just catching up since it doesn't matter what they do, the offense isn't going to do ****.

Mario and then aren't giving them anything to believe in. Even down to the substitutions. You want to run Brown, run Brien and don't bring Jake in for 3rd down when Brown didn't do ****. Running back subs, I never understand it. The entire slow and methodical same run it up the guy crap while FSU keeps lighting up the scoreboard. Where's the urgency? This staff man, it's a joke. Nothing they do makes sense.

Advertisement
Say what you want but Manny wouldn’t have lost to this FSU team like this. In fact, we would have a better record. We might be the 5th or 6th best team in FL.

keep it 100 mean girls GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

Advertisement
I'm not sure how much better this team would be with Manny. He's probably still the DC and Lashlee would still be gone. Manny was also ranked in the 70s in recruiting when he was fired and the best players on the team this year are transfers. So the offense is definitely better simply because Gattis isn't here but the defense is worse and we don't have the transfer kids. We probably don't lose to MTSU but Duke is still probably a lose. We definitely still lose to FSU but we actually score.

I'm not sure how much better this team would be with Manny. He's probably still the DC and Lashlee would still be gone. Manny was also ranked in the 70s in recruiting when he was fired and the best players on the team this year are transfers. So the offense is definitely better simply because Gattis isn't here but the defense is worse and we don't have the transfer kids. We probably don't lose to MTSU but Duke is still probably a lose. We definitely still lose to FSU but we actually score.
I never ask what we'd be with Manny still here. I do wonder what we'd look like if Lashlee was head coach. I bet we'd score a **** of a lot more.

Advertisement
Back