Manny is not the answer

Advertisement
You know the single worst thing about this Covid season? That since we didn't have divisions thanks to ND, Diaz was robbed of the opportunity to roll into the acc championship game as undefeated ACC coastal Champs and earn the right to tell you and everyone who says "he hasn't won anything" to suck it, and suck it hard.
Please wait until Manny has to sell the studs in coming back for one more season to anoint him as King! If he can sell that dream to King, Brevin, Phillips, Boldin, Headley and now Harley, we have a possible Saban slayer on our hands. That would be the job of the ultimate salesman/head coach and I would at that point say that we are lucky to have him. So far he has done well during an extremely odd year. The question is could he pull off the same magic if it wasn’t a COVID crazy year.

5HO.gif
This is what we’re down to with what I’d call - “the extreme mopes” - literally they’ve become most miserable, worthless, straw-grasping dregs on CIS as we distance ourselves further and further from 6-7:

“11-0 and an ACCCG has no meaning.”

There’s nothing constructive to discuss with this fringe.

Fck manny, we need a new admin so then we can hire real coaches.... if not we will be in abyss for a LONG time.... 16 years and counting.

If we go all in on football like the top teams do, then we will see real progress but for now they are happy to collect paychecks and continue to TRY to be the Harvard of the south......... In which they will never be, because they are rich yuppie fvcks! They hate that they're more fans that never went to Miami than alumni's.
Lol

Advertisement
No experience bros. No championship Defense or Offense. He is a bystander!! Using and motivating players wrong. Our next coach should be Mario Cristobal. He has the experience and knows what it takes to get us there. Keep Manny as a DC.
Lol didn’t age well , never understood the hype for Mario.

The announcers keep talking as if Lashlee will leave, we better hope we keep Manny, the NFL is void of any greatness. JJ changed college football and than the NFL. Manny had our defense working well is why he got the HC job. Now that he fixed other broken pieces shows he is aware and competent.

Last edited:
This is what we’re down to with what I’d call - “the extreme mopes” - literally they’ve become most miserable, worthless, straw-grasping dregs on CIS as we distance ourselves further and further from 6-7:

“11-0 and an ACCCG has no meaning.”

There’s nothing constructive to discuss with this fringe.
Agreed. We’re 8-1, easily the 3rd best team in TGIF ACC behind ND and Clemson; who are in the Top 5 and headed to the CFP. Before it was, we can’t win the Coastal. Then it was we aren’t Top 10 anymore. Now even that’s not enough. Listen - is Manny perfect? **** no. But he’s a lot better option than numerous well documented and respected HC’s out there. I get that we aren’t natty material right now but what team after going 6-7 would be? As bad as we looked, played, and lost in 2019. So, I’ll gladly take 8-1 with two more possible victories to go 10-1 and head to a NY6 bowl game. Let the mopes mope; their lives are enshrined in misery no matter what the team does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Please wait until Manny has to sell the studs in coming back for one more season to anoint him as King! If he can sell that dream to King, Brevin, Phillips, Boldin, Headley and now Harley, we have a possible Saban slayer on our hands. That would be the job of the ultimate salesman/head coach and I would at that point say that we are lucky to have him. So far he has done well during an extremely odd year. The question is could he pull off the same magic if it wasn’t a COVID crazy year.
It still won’t be enough for the doubting Thomases.

Manny is essentially still learning on the job how to be a head coach.

Maybe right now he may not be "the answer"...

.... but he does not have to be the answer right now.

He needs to build the team with his type of players and continue to emphasize the Miami standard. He also has to continue to reinforce the team identity as a quick, aggressive team in all three phases.

Rome was not built in a day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back