Manny is being defended

Advertisement
The only thing he’s right about is that you don’t fix a culture that has been broken for 20 years in 2 years, but manny has been at Miami for 6 years now.

And you certainly don’t get better and keep digging a bigger hole when you switch coaching staffs every 3-4 years. Not defending Manny at all, but that’s one of the major reasons why we suck, people to appreciate how disastrous it is to keep rolling over coaching staffs.
I agree you have to give a guy a chance to improve the product. But like you said Manny has been here 6 years now and this defense is getting worse every year. So while in most cases you give a guy more time as a HC, his time here as DC first kind of puts him on the bubble earlier.

Also the loses we have had under him are some of the worst in this horrible stretch. Tough to overcome that.

I hope whatever happens this team somehow turns the corner. Maybe going with the young guys and taking our lumps but seeing growth will get us there in the long run.

Advertisement
His argument is immediately destroyed with a nuclear bomb due to Manny being the DC previous, and carrying over his staff

I know this guy isn’t a part of the university, but my god the level of insanity that constantly swirls within Miami football is killing my soul
Exactly, really tough to cry foul and beg for more time when you were the DC/LB coach that brought these guys in. Diaz is directly responsible for the schematic issues and lack of talent at LB.

I'll be honest I was trying to give Manny more time because he seems to make the right moves in the off-season. After 5 games it is crystal ***** clear that he is not some Dabo type of coach who is going to go from mediocre to dynasty builder in the next couple years. He has a guy like Bob Schoop as an analyst and my bet is he's listened very little about the deficiencies of his defense.

I'll be honest I was trying to give Manny more time because he seems to make the right moves in the off-season. After 5 games it is crystal ***** clear that he is not some Dabo type of coach who is going to go from mediocre to dynasty builder in the next couple years. He has a guy like Bob Schoop as an analyst and my bet is he's listened very little about the deficiencies of his defense.
Shoop has forgotten more about defense than manny has ever learned. Same can be said for probably a few guys on staff. I bet manny looks at film of the 85 bears and thinks his scheme is better. Guys nuts

Advertisement
Holy fvck, *pause* @Coach Macho can you play LB or DL?

The face switch on manny gets me every single fuqqin time lol
Went to Deerfield against Douglas and saw Macho before the game from a distance and said something to my friend asking if he was a player or something.. he thought i was talking about the Tarber kid at first and then I pointed him out later and he was like "oh.. that's Macho that posts on CIS" lmao

I think he could play DT back in the Golden days

He’s defending his brother and he’s very close to the program. He’s only making things worse but in his mind he’s defending his peeps
Just to be clear him and his brother are one & the same. Only one of them is technically on staph but they both serve the same purpose for us. They play at some intimate connections to elite kids and neither of them actually does any of that for us. It started with convincing lil johnny that he was the only way we'd get noodles was take on him and Wiggins & once on staph that cancer simply spread...

Advertisement
As other have said, he's had 6 years not 2. Six freaking years. How in the heck do we not have a serviceable linebacker on the team? The kids on D are 100% HIS kids. So it's either talent evaluation or coaching, and I'm putting most of it on the latter. He had his shot and he failed. He should have stuck with Temple and cut his teeth first. Instead He had visions of the next 30 for 30 talking about how the local kid brought the U back.

Advertisement
Every year for over a decade fans get excited with the off season hype. Seems like the fans would have herd immunity to it by now. Made up my mind years ago to not buy it. Seeing in real games on the field is believing to me.

Advertisement
Back