Manny don't care bout no excuses

Refreshing. I'd much rather us get beat because we're too aggressive than sit back and watch the TE run cross routs till our eye's bleed.

Advertisement
For the wailing and flailing baby harp seals here...

Walk us through how the current roster is incapable of replacing or even exceeding the dismissed players EXPECTED production?

I dont mean to insult, but this hand wringing has just busted the estrogen level meter...its exepensive kit to replace ya know...

Your right. We are now a better team w/o AQM-Grace and Young . The current roster will fill their spots and exceed anything they could have done for us this year.

Brother Nova...

Im not saying they will...but for certain, no one has put forward an intelligent argument of how they wont.

No one knows until we get a few games i to the season. DL lays an egg against FAMU and FAU, I think the conversation can start from there...

until that happens, all we have are busted estrogen level meters all over this board...

I ,as a fan,prefer to have lower expectations and be surprised by a team that performs above my expectations. Fans with unrealistic expectations are usually the first ones to give up on the team.

As a coach ,I agree that you must believe and act as if you will win every game so I applaud Manny for his comments.

"unbelievable effort and unwavering violence."

excited-sports-fan.gif

You can say what you want about Coach Diaz, but he isn't looking for excuses. Excuses are for losers. Coach Diaz will get everything he can out of those players and they will be better players and people because of it.

Truth be told, Miami hasn't had a real aggressive Defense since Schiano. Let that sink for a moment. I wasn't a Dennis Erickson fan, however I loved his aggressive Defense.

Advertisement
Let's go balls out people ! Balls out !

It will be awesome to actually watch the Canes get back to hard hitting, tough defense. Even with the growing pains we will have. It's been what? About 7-8 years since our tough defenses, maybe longer.

Truth be told, Miami hasn't had a real aggressive Defense since Schiano. Let that sink for a moment. I wasn't a Dennis Erickson fan, however I loved his aggressive Defense.

Tend to agree with you, although we did have that one year with Bill Young dialing up blitzes like crazy - then he headed back to KState I think.

I remember when some of the anti Diaz crowd made him out to be setting us up for excuses when the defense struggled, sounds like anything but. This defense will take its lumps, at times but will undoubtedly be entertaining, for the first time in a long time.

Advertisement
I want to see us hold FAMU under 150 total yards of offense.

Thats what big time defenses do to lesser teams. **** we havent seen in 10+ years.

The previous staff let Bethune ****ing Cookman drop 5 hundo on them.

I want to run up the score on all the lesser opponents. Not going to lie.

Thats what big time defenses do to lesser teams. **** we havent seen in 10+ years.

I want us to sideline a few QBs.

He certainly can talk the talk.

Let's see him walk the walk.

That's it. If the Front 4 is getting plenty of pressure, Manny should chill with the excessive blitzing. Let them LBs get a few Pick 6s.

Oh christ who let this 247 troll in.....there goes the neighborhood.

Look here, Lady. I don't know any women with your name. Don't call me a Troll. In fact, you are the one trolling. Please ignore my posts. Thanks, Lady.

This ain't another keyboard tough guy. The name's Left Hook and he comes out swinging, bringing the sweet science to CIS. Welcome aboard and watch out for the occasional right cross!

Advertisement
What's he supposed to say? "Without our best pass rusher, one of the fastest LB in the country and a quality backup LB now off our team ,we are not going to be quite as good as I initially hoped we would be."

"Same expectations" means --The same expectations for everyone on the team to play to the best of their ability. It doesn't necessarily mean the the same expectations for the D to perform how he initially envisioned.

:q3XKXeX:

nah, he expects the D to be the same no matter who is in. He's not afraid to question if guys are "good enough to play" at the U, or say there's a "virus" that needs to be "eradicated", or want players to make "loud noises" on contact and play with "unwavering violence".

Most coaches would have waxed all p/c and tempered expectations by saying: 'we can't replace blah, blah, blah, and we're gonna need guys to step up..'

Manny wants none of that. He want's guys that are "tough"(euphemism for blow other dudes up Sean Taylor style) and i'm glad he's on our side.

Advertisement

My god... I forgot about that...

What a joke we were

My god... I forgot about that...

What a joke we were

I just want to get out of the game without any injuries. Last year we held Bethune to 79 total yards. It didn't mean **** for the rest of the season.

He certainly can talk the talk.

Let's see him walk the walk.

That's it. If the Front 4 is getting plenty of pressure, Manny should chill with the excessive blitzing. Let them LBs get a few Pick 6s.

A blitzing LB is 10 yds closer to the ends one and already running in the right direction when he makes his pick.

Blitzing LBs don't get Picks. LOL

Ours do.

Advertisement
Back