Manny Diaz

Advertisement
I'm a Manny fan ... however, he needs to go back to base football and let the players talent takeover.

Manny is mistaken if he thinks his schemes are making the plays as opposed to the players.

Unfortunately that is not who is. Thinks he is smarter that others and wants to get fancy and change thins up to win by coaching instead of speed and aggression. We crushed the world with fairly simple base defense that attacked across the LOS with the backfield as its target and our athletes make the plays and cover mistakes with our speed. Complex equals slower. When you have slow players it is fine because they are slow anyway. Manny needs to go.

For the life of me I can't understand why the 10th coach added to the staff was a linebackers coach and that unit is the one that's been the worst on the defense by far. The LB play has been flat out bad at times.

Fell right in line with the Dline DC and DB coaches...

Advertisement
Obviously. They scored 24 in that span. Sorry I didn't use a strong enough negative adjective for you.

Point was, they played well most of the game. Toledo's wideouts are talented, so they are going to make some plays. Didn't like giving up so many QB runs though.

You realize that the QB everyone wants to get rid of saved the defense's rear today. I'm not comfortable with that. 21-0 should have been plenty. Manny is a problem.

we just need to stop the cute ****. what diaz does on D is what fans want Richt to do on O and as you can see all that gimmick **** is dumb af and can go against you. just like it has for FSU.

the biggest problem i have with Diaz is the constant D line stunts. every play is a twist, pinch, flow.
once toledo OC picked up on it he started gashing us.

Diaz needs to leave the front alone and keep it base. the stunts are fooling no one.

It's fine to be Aggressive....But to Blitz with that much Stupidity is alarming...
No Gap Integrity whatsoever...Middle of field open all game....This in yr 3....

Advertisement
You guys are fcking amazing. This D gambles, that's what they do. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and mostly it's been winning. They had a rough patch, but dominated most of the game.

Point is, if you want the gaudy stats (and you do) you have to gamble. This D was top 10 in most categories last year and is playing well overall this year. It's time you guys got over the idea that more than twice in a generation a D will dominate all the time. It just doesn't happen.

I'm sure everybody would be cool with 3 TFL and 1 sack with no TOs as long as we held them under 400yds total. Oh wait...

We held them to 334 yds, had several sacks and a metric ton of TFL...that's not amazing, but it's just fine. Especially when you win. This D is doing it's job how about enjoying it instead of whining that it doesn't crush every single second.

In most jobs, suckng badly for 25% of the time gets you fired.

In most job there isn't somebody directly working to make sure you suck every second of the day. If you suck at your job, that's because you suck. If you suck at football, that's partly because the other guy is good.

I think he's all flash, for those saying we dominated the other quarters you only look at the score. Manny runs pretty much just runs a flashier No D. Defense. Tired of him just giving teams the short intermediate throws to protect against the big play. Needs to stop complicating things and let the boys play. That's why the defense looked good his first and and has steadily looked worse against teams with a heart beat. Also get 20 out of the game, seriously need a stat with how many touchdowns have occured with him in the game

Advertisement
Other teams seem to get the job done with less talent. Our guys look slow compared to inferior teams sometimes. It's a problem
he's trying to play a defense he doesnt have the speed for or guys with the instincts.

Advertisement
In most job there isn't somebody directly working to make sure you suck every second of the day. If you suck at your job, that's because you suck. If you suck at football, that's partly because the other guy is good.

Not really they might just suck a little less than you. Manny made a lot of QBs and DCs look like they were NFL ready last year. And in a lot of major corporations today, they cut the bottom 10 or 20% every year so lots of people are trying to be better than you. For me, I spent most of my life as attorney and most of that was litigation, so there was always someone trying to make sure I sucked.

You guys are fcking amazing. This D gambles, that's what they do. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and mostly it's been winning. They had a rough patch, but dominated most of the game.

Point is, if you want the gaudy stats (and you do) you have to gamble. This D was top 10 in most categories last year and is playing well overall this year. It's time you guys got over the idea that more than twice in a generation a D will dominate all the time. It just doesn't happen.

I'm sure everybody would be cool with 3 TFL and 1 sack with no TOs as long as we held them under 400yds total. Oh wait...

We held them to 334 yds, had several sacks and a metric ton of TFL...that's not amazing, but it's just fine. Especially when you win. This D is doing it's job how about enjoying it instead of whining that it doesn't crush every single second.
We held TOLEDO to 334 yards and you think that's acceptable?

The defence was dominant for the first half, then Diaz failed to adjust to Toledo's new game plan and gave up 20+ points in a hurry. They completely shredded his overly aggressive scheme - there's simply no need to blitz and stunt as much as we do.

Not really they might just suck a little less than you. Manny made a lot of QBs and DCs look like they were NFL ready last year. And in a lot of major corporations today, they cut the bottom 10 or 20% every year so lots of people are trying to be better than you. For me, I spent most of my life as attorney and most of that was litigation, so there was always someone trying to make sure I sucked.

Well I'm not a lawyer so I can't peak to that. What I will say is that every D gives up plays, yardage, and points. Basically, every D sucks for 25% of the game or more. Some do it by giving up 25% of plays randomly, and ours does it by giving them all up at once. It looks worse than it is because it happens 3 drives in a row. If you just looked at stats you'd be fine, but you sat there wondering WTF our D suddenly couldn't stop any fcking thing.

I get that, I was doing the same thing. I just think this is a matter of feel over numbers.

Example: who played better Rosier or that lsu QB? Obviously the other guy. But look at the numbers, it wasn't nearly as bad defensively as it looked. That guy just made a few plays and avoided a few mistakes. He was still almost completely ***. If we hadn't randomly given up that long rushing TD would we have lost? Maybe not.

It's what Rosier did for 10 games last year...sucked but did a few things well. That doesn't mean opposing defenses sucked, just that he made a few plays at the right time, but sucked it most of the game. Or that the D played well most of the game but sucked it on a few plays.

Advertisement
Back