Manny Diaz

I get what you're saying, but that's not really the point that was being debated.

One person said we're doing pretty well in sacks and TFL--which is fine. Not a valid indicator of how the defense has played as a whole, but the stat is what it is. You can't really discount that because they're just splash plays when the plays that have hurt our total defense have been splash plays. A big run by LSU, and about 10 minutes worth of sloppy football against Toledo. Both of these can be weighed and measured in order to form an opinion of how one thinks the defense is performing. We're basically getting splash plays at the risk of giving up splash plays. It's a valid and healthy argument over whether or not this is a winning defensive philosophy.

The problem arises in these debates when posters leave the realm of objectivity and begin to over-exaggerate things. Someone comes in and says TFL and sacks don't mean dlck because we can't get off the field on 3rd down. This is just an objectively false statement intended to diminish the "reward" portion of the above debate and over-exaggerate the "risk."

Defensively, we have allowed 7 3rd down conversions on 41 attempts, about a 16% success rate. Defensive 3rd down conversion rate was one of our biggest weaknesses last season, and 16% is a marked improvement. What is debatable is whether or not this improvement is due to a concerted effort over the off season to address the issue. There can't be an honest debate of that as long as were substituting the objective numbers in favor of conjecture and predictions of what will happen in the future. It's week three. Almost every team we are measured against has played one decent opponent and two cupcakes. Our numbers, for better or worse, are just as valid as anyone else's.
I’m not a big stat parser. I prefer to watch the games and take a holistic approach to evaluating players and coaches based on what my eyes tell me.

PFF just concocted some goofy formula to tell us Jahairball Jones was an ACC performer of the week.

Advertisement
I’m not a big stat parser. I prefer to watch the games and take a holistic approach to evaluating players and coaches based on what my eyes tell me.

PFF just concocted some goofy formula to tell us Jahairball Jones was an ACC performer of the week.
When he didn't play half the game. Like I said, stats are fine, but don't let them convince you not to trust what you see.

If Manny was worth a damm he would prolly still be at Texas where they pay coordinators over a mill per and have for years, he rarely faced a team with the athletes he had to work with. Just my 02 but there are a handful of schools that there is just no excuse for losing, and Texas is one of em. They have gazzillians of dollars and dont mind at all delving it out on football, Mack kept the cupboard stocked with 5 stars and anybody else he wanted, lame *** schedule with only OU to beat, their facilities are nicer than the Cowboys. If you cant do anything with all that you may be in the wrong business, hence my disappointment when we hired him

Advertisement
coming out of high school yes but I’ve never said he was going to be a NFL stud MaRcho pulled that out of his anyway.

Lol regardless bringing up Tracy Howard in a convo about Michael Jackson as if they’re similar is just a weak deflection that makes him look even more like a coRch.

*****, you think our water boy can play in the NFL.
You're notorious for making outlandish statements about our players and over-rating everybody's ability. (largely cause you know d!ck about football)

People that talk mess about our legit amazing D cordinator show there lack of intelligence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back