Manny Diaz

Advertisement
CoRch MaRcho lol the nick Saban of flag football. Real coaches can see the forest from the trees. You react like a fan bc you’re not a real coach.

MJ got beat two times by some on the money throws by Toledo’s qb. He’s a cb, every great cb gets beat at times, if you don’t agree watch the NFL. Numbers don’t lie he gave up the least completions when targeted compared to any other cb in the country last year but that’s “hype” right??

This board didn’t make this **** up he’s gotten praise nationally from ESPN and other entities as well... which has only helped raised the profile of this program and you mad at that lol clown gtfoh

Dumb *****. Since when is playing against Toledo anything like the NFL?

Do CB's get beat? **** yeah they do! Particularly when the competition level is evened out. (NFL)
But when you're supposed to be a 1st round CB, you're not getting beat multiple times by WR's at Toledo, dummy.

For all these jokes about being a corch, I've got a kid playing DB in the NFL. (which I admitedly had nothing to do with)
And I watched **** near every snap that kid played in college. He never got beat the way Jackson does. So how the fvck you gonna tell me WTF I'm looking at? Forrest through the trees my nuts.

This fvckin' dude got shakin' completely out of his cleats on a slant route versus LSU. lol

Dumb *****. Since when is playing against Toledo anything like the NFL?

Do CB's get beat? **** yeah they do! Particularly when the competition level is evened out. (NFL)
But when you're supposed to be a 1st round CB, you're not getting beat multiple times by WR's at Toledo, dummy.

For all these jokes about being a corch, I've got a kid playing DB in the NFL. (which I admitedly had nothing to do with)
And I watched **** near every snap that kid played in college. He never got beat the way Jackson does. So how the fvck you gonna tell me WTF I'm looking at? Forrest through the trees my nuts.

This fvckin' dude got shakin' completely out of his cleats on a slant route versus LSU. lol

Lol So ur saying it’s not possible for a school like Toledo to have NFL caliber WRs?? 🤡

Advertisement
TFL is a fun stat, but it’s not all important. No one has ever doubted Diaz’s ability to rack up TFL stats.

Problem is when you get a TFL on 1st down creating a 2nd and 13, and then you leave a receiver completely uncovered for a 15 yard completion.

Too much feast or famine with this guy. We go from a beautiful TFL to a 20 yard QB scramble on the next play or a wide open receiver torching is for 15.

CoRch MaRcho lol the nick Saban of flag football. Real coaches can see the forest from the trees. You react like a fan bc you’re not a real coach.

MJ got beat two times by some on the money throws by Toledo’s qb. He’s a cb, every great cb gets beat at times, if you don’t agree watch the NFL. Numbers don’t lie he gave up the least completions when targeted compared to any other cb in the country last year but that’s “hype” right??

This board didn’t make this **** up he’s gotten praise nationally from ESPN and other entities as well... which has only helped raised the profile of this program and you mad at that lol clown gtfoh

Lmao at the nick saban of flag football

Mangy Diaz is a gimmick.

If we are lucky some "smart" school will back up the Brinks truck to his house and offer him a HC gig. (where he will undoubtedly fail miserably.)

I don't like 'rah rah' guys as my OC or DC. I want X's and O's geniuses at those positions. We don't have that at either right now.

Lol So ur saying it’s not possible for a school like Toledo to have NFL caliber WRs?? 🤡

Listen bro, I'm not going back and forth with you bro. I know way too much about DB play to argue with a novice who thought guys like Tracy Howard were going to be NFL studs.

Advertisement
I'm trying to figure out why this TFL stat is so important/impressive to people.
***** the subjective BS stats.
How 'bout getting off the field on 3rd downs?

We've had QB's start games 15/15 passing against us...but we get dem TFL's doe!

It's as subjective a stat as a sack isn't it? They are usually drive changing plays, causing 2 or 3rd and long, which greatly tilt the odds in the defense's favor.

And yes, in that Virginia game the QB started hot, but in the second half we shut them out and that same QB did absolutely nothing, completing less than half his passes and throwing a pick six.

Think some of the hyper-critical comments fail to look at the big picture of how well the defense performs here, especially when considering how bad a position very poor QB play and even worse punting puts them in on a continuous basis.

Advertisement
TFL is a fun stat, but it’s not all important. No one has ever doubted Diaz’s ability to rack up TFL stats.

Problem is when you get a TFL on 1st down creating a 2nd and 13, and then you leave a receiver completely uncovered for a 15 yard completion.

Too much feast or famine with this guy. We go from a beautiful TFL to a 20 yard QB scramble on the next play or a wide open receiver torching is for 15.
Exactly......Oh Look!!....A TFL of 5yds...(next play)...All out Blitz,....20yd gain...

Mangy Diaz is a gimmick.

If we are lucky some "smart" school will back up the Brinks truck to his house and offer him a HC gig. (where he will undoubtedly fail miserably.)

I don't like 'rah rah' guys as my OC or DC. I want X's and O's geniuses at those positions. We don't have that at either right now.

I agree 100% with this post. Not only is Diaz not an Xs and Os cerebral type of assistant **** find me a single coach on this staff who is? I am a big fan of Dugans and Brown because of their ability to recruit. Dugans might be the best WRs coach in the nation but is he an Xs and Os type of coach? Well lets put it this way neither are the type of coach that can put together an offensive game plan/strategy to assist Rick. Assistant OC and Passing Game Coordinator? Well ok it’s makes for very nice titles but I haven’t seen it practically speaking.

Historically this team hasn’t a good track record of hiring intelligent or cerebral Xs and Os types. I can’t think of the last DC we had who I would call a cerebral DC perhaps Schiano and that was nearly 20 years ago!

We haven’t had very smart people running this program for a long time and it has showed in the results.

Advertisement
I agree 100% with this post. Not only is Diaz not an Xs and Os cerebral type of assistant **** find me a single coach on this staff who is? I am a big fan of Dugans and Brown because of their ability to recruit. Dugans might be the best WRs coach in the nation but is he an Xs and Os type of coach? Well lets put it this way neither are the type of coach that can put together an offensive game plan/strategy to assist Rick. Assistant OC and Passing Game Coordinator? Well ok it’s makes for very nice titles but I haven’t seen it practically speaking.

Historically this team hasn’t a good track record of hiring intelligent or cerebral Xs and Os types. I can’t think of the last DC we had who I would call a cerebral DC perhaps Schiano and that was nearly 20 years ago!

We haven’t had very smart people running this program for a long time and it has showed in the results.
Monkey Boy Shiano was as cerebral as Ray Liotta at the end of Hannibal....

It's as subjective a stat as a sack isn't it? They are usually drive changing plays, causing 2 or 3rd and long, which greatly tilt the odds in the defense's favor.

And yes, in that Virginia game the QB started hot, but in the second half we shut them out and that same QB did absolutely nothing, completing less than half his passes and throwing a pick six.

Think some of the hyper-critical comments fail to look at the big picture of how well the defense performs here, especially when considering how bad a position very poor QB play and even worse punting puts them in on a continuous basis.

I'm looking at the big picture, which is why I think the TFL stat is silly... Cause the "big picture" says that we don't get off the field on 3rd down and we allow mediocre QB's to carve us up far too often.

I'm looking at the big picture, which is why I think the TFL stat is silly... Cause the "big picture" says that we don't get off the field on 3rd down and we allow mediocre QB's to carve us up far too often.

LSU 3-16
SS 2-16
UT 2-11

Very much respect your opinion but this season at least, it's just not happening. We are #1 in the country in 3rd down efficiency and no QB has carved us up, at all.

Advertisement
Back