Manny Diaz

Advertisement
Advertisement
Those delayed blitzes have to stop, I don't think I've seen a single one work as intended

Advertisement
there is a bit of a hit-or-miss quality to this unit.

And those blitzes at times seem so unncessary and they consistently get beat on them for chunk plays
Knowles blitz when Toledo ran a wheel route comes to mind right here

I think his base scheme is okay and I like the aggressiveness but he doesn't appear to know how to adjust which is basically his job. Every human alive realized he needed to spy the quarterback and I don't think he ever did.

Advertisement
there is a bit of a hit-or-miss quality to this unit.

And those blitzes at times seem so unncessary and they consistently get beat on them for chunk plays

Yea hits against bad teams and misses against good teams..

He seems like an average DC to me who just happens to have a philosophy that most of the Canes fans (who have watched the team for awhile) would also follow.

Still think he talks more than he produces, but we'll see.

Get us a top 5 defense, Diaz and I'll pay closer attention to what you say.

At the moment I don't pay attention at all.

Guy really loves to complicate things. Continued to the let the QB run all over us and didn’t account for it. Continues to play Knowles like he doesn’t stink. Dude has his is moments but he really needs to stop thinking he’s the smartest dude in the building

I'm a Manny fan ... however, he needs to go back to base football and let the players talent takeover.

Manny is mistaken if he thinks his schemes are making the plays as opposed to the players.

Advertisement
But that quarter and last 1st half drive was horrendous

Obviously. They scored 24 in that span. Sorry I didn't use a strong enough negative adjective for you.

Point was, they played well most of the game. Toledo's wideouts are talented, so they are going to make some plays. Didn't like giving up so many QB runs though.

Meh. At the end of the day he'll be a middling Dc at UM. not the worst, but far from the best.

For the life of me I can't understand why the 10th coach added to the staff was a linebackers coach and that unit is the one that's been the worst on the defense by far. The LB play has been flat out bad at times.

Advertisement
Back