Manny Diaz on WQAM

The play breaks down piece was the last thing he said; sounded to me like it would be the deciding factor if all else is equal.

Unless your O-line is a screen door, you don't pick a QB based off of what they can do when everything goes wrong 5% of the time. That being said, with 71% accuracy, at least one of them had a great game so I gotta assume there's a leader for the job (or 2 co-leaders)
Our O-line is not good enough to keep that number at 5%

Much closer to a screen door

Advertisement
Manny didn't offer much info but there was one thing he said that I felt pretty good about. Joe or Zack asked him if the defense was still really far ahead of the offense like it tends to be this time of year. Manny said the defense was ahead (like it should) but it's nowhere near as bad as it was in previous seasons. He said the offense is actually competitive with the defense now. Maybe he's just hyping up his new staff but that was good to hear.

Manny didn't offer much info but there was one thing he said that I felt pretty good about. Joe or Zack asked him if the defense was still really far ahead of the offense like it tends to be this time of year. Manny said the defense was ahead (like it should) but it's nowhere near as bad as it was in previous seasons. He said the offense is actually competitive with the defense now. Maybe he's just hyping up his new staff but that was good to hear.
Noticed that as well

“Everyone either threw for a TD or ran for a TD”

A couple injuries that they will evaluate today.

Rob Knowles lead the team in tackles last night. Gurvan Hall showed out.

What he’s looking for in QB this week. Who can avoid the critical errors. Who can make the correct decision. Who can be that X factor and create something when the pay breaks down.

the Tate factor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I would not crown Tate just yet, saw on YouTube someone reported that Nkosi went 17 of 21 passes completed and if that is the Coach Enos effect so far, and Nkosi keeps that up. Would be hard to not name him the Starter I think!

When Joe asked about RBs, Manny mentioned Lingard, Deejay and Burns.... No Cam

Can someone confirm if Harris is injured or not?

Advertisement
When Joe asked about RBs, Manny mentioned Lingard, Deejay and Burns.... No Cam

Can someone confirm if Harris is injured or not?

I took it as our RB room will be fine if everyone is healthy. He mentioned Linguard because he’s not 100% go yet, he mentioned Burns because he’s a glass house and just dropped DeeJay because he had a nice night

Seeing what we want to see again....not making critical errors was the first thing he said. Even with the picks from Perry and Williams last night, Tate has thrown more during this week than both of them combined.

Advertisement
Back