Manny Diaz on WQAM

Advertisement
Advertisement
“Everyone either threw for a TD or ran for a TD”

A couple injuries that they will evaluate today.

Rob Knowles lead the team in tackles last night. Gurvan Hall showed out.

What he’s looking for in QB this week. Who can avoid the critical errors. Who can make the correct decision. Who can be that X factor and create something when the pay breaks down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny staying on point from what he said yesterday. He's not letting anything out which is what your HC should do even though we all want the details.

Manny regarding what the QBs need to do to win the job:
1) Take care of the ball.
2) Understand the defense and know where to go with the ball.
3) Be accurate in delivering the ball.
4) X-factor. Can you do something special when the play breaks down? Note: He said, "If you can make a special X-factor play, but don't do 1-3 well, the X-factor doesn't compensate."

Last edited:
Asked about RB depth and mentions DeeJay, Langard and Burns. Did not say Cam's name. Not mentioning is because he doesnt want to be a liar. Not a good sign.
Exactly what I was gonna say. Didn’t mention Cam, clearly doesn’t want to say something inaccurate.

Only thing of substance in this interview is what he’s looking for in quarterbacks this week.

Advertisement
Is practice open on Tuesday? I’m guessing we won’t know anything about the injuries until then

Advertisement

What he’s looking for in QB this week. Who can avoid the critical errors. Who can make the correct decision. Who can be that X factor and create something when the pay breaks down.

Tate will be our starter based off that comment.

He's makin it quite obvious isn't he lol

Tate will be our starter based off that comment.
The play breaks down piece was the last thing he said; sounded to me like it would be the deciding factor if all else is equal.

Unless your O-line is a screen door, you don't pick a QB based off of what they can do when everything goes wrong 5% of the time. That being said, with 71% accuracy, at least one of them had a great game so I gotta assume there's a leader for the job (or 2 co-leaders)

Advertisement
Back