Manny Diaz on WQAM

if the cam injury is more serious i am sure they are doing an MRI and we will hear something soon. if nothing by the end of the day no news is probably good news.

Advertisement
And I feel like Burns could adopt Gray’s role from last year. Bigger back who runs hard downfield.
I can’t count on anything from Burns until he steps on the field. If he eventually makes it on the field, I see him like that $20 bill you find in the pocket of an old pair of shorts you haven’t worn in 3 years.

if the cam injury is more serious i am sure they are doing an MRI and we will hear something soon. if nothing by the end of the day no news is probably good news.
We probably won’t hear anything given past injuries. We’ll know how badly he’s hurt by how long he’s out.

Advertisement
Manny didn't offer much info but there was one thing he said that I felt pretty good about. Joe or Zack asked him if the defense was still really far ahead of the offense like it tends to be this time of year. Manny said the defense was ahead (like it should) but it's nowhere near as bad as it was in previous seasons. He said the offense is actually competitive with the defense now. Maybe he's just hyping up his new staff but that was good to hear.

This is great news.

Manny is usually candid when he doesn’t like what he sees. If the defense was completely dominating, he would have done coach speak about the offense needing to get better. He didn’t pull punches when talking about them in the early off season and spring.

I think he is genuinely impressed with the team’s effort and growth. They are working hard and getting better. He is pushing them because he knows there is potential for a special season NOW.

And I feel like Burns could adopt Gray’s role from last year. Bigger back who runs hard downfield.

Burns seems to have much shiftier feet.

Watching his practice footage, he has good balance and changes direction well without losing much speed.

He is nimble finding space like he showed in high school.

If healthy, I think he is a much more versatile player than Gray and could turn out to be our secret weapon.

Most backs his size can’t quick shuffle their feet and explode like he can. He may be our most slept on player. But he has to be available to shake the stigma.

Advertisement
Manny said that the QB has to have the following
YDAS.
Eliminate the Yips......get rid of stupid errors.
Decision making is most important. Read what the D is giving you.
Accuracy to get the ball where you want.
Special ability to take advantage of situations, and to make good things happen.

Now the QB that steps up and does the above get's the job. may the best man win.

Overall, Manny in his tone, realizes that the time is here, and all the words have to now translate into positive action.

I can’t count on anything from Burns until he steps on the field. If he eventually makes it on the field, I see him like that $20 bill you find in the pocket of an old pair of shorts you haven’t worn in 3 years.

More like a couple hundred bucks.

IF, IF, IF he stays healthy, he will make some BIG plays even with limited touches.

Advertisement
Can you explain how you know that to be factual when the majority of practice time hasn’t been viewed by fans or media and stats haven’t been reported? TIA

I have been reading these threads and they include info from reporters at practice. In the small amount of time they do view practice the picks are being thrown . No one gets to see the rest of practice. So we don’t know that’s going there

Advertisement
What a story it would be if Burns stays healthy and ends up as good as we all thought he could be 3-4 years ago. It would be epic.

Advertisement
Back