Manny Diaz on Packer & Durham this morning

My post that you decided to take issue with begins with: "On the road to a championship..."

Had I said, "On the road back to prominence...", then you would be 100% correct.
When it comes to playoff spots “on the road to a championship” beating bama doesn’t matter? It matter for playoff seeding this year, it matters for recruiting, and it matters for setting the psychological tone for the season. But keep doubling down on mediocrity.

Advertisement
same dude who complains about a testosterone drop complains about a loser attitude

what comes next, we are all betas while you are the alpha?

Last edited:
When it comes to playoff spots “on the road to a championship” beating bama doesn’t matter? It matter for playoff seeding this year, it matters for recruiting, and it matters for setting the psychological tone for the season. But keep doubling down on mediocrity.
Again, a loss to Bama does not keep us from the ACCCG, but a loss to an ACC opponent can. I'm not saying that beating Bama doesn't have benefits, but losing to them doesn't keep us out of the CFP.

I don't know why you think I'm doubling down on mediocrity. I'm not rooting for a loss or even predicting one. I'm stating the simple fact that conference play is more important than an OOC opponent, even a high profile one that would be a signature win.

It matter for playoff seeding this year, it matters for recruiting, and it matters for setting the psychological tone for the season. But keep doubling down on mediocrity.
1. wrong
2. wrong, players want to see miami win games, everyone expects a loss against bama
3. psychological tone? so a loss ruins the whole season already
4. mediocrity? wtf 😂😂😂

1. wrong
2. wrong, players want to see miami win games, everyone expects a loss against bama
3. psychological tone? so a loss ruins the whole season already
4. mediocrity? wtf 😂😂😂
QPs greatest achievement is winning a scratch off lotto ticket.

Advertisement
Glorious Comrade Diaz once again confirmed that supreme Miami linebackers were not negligently recruited in prior cycles. In fact, prior recruitment exceeded bench marks for 10 year plan. All stories to the Contrary are imperialist propaganda from gator country capitalist swamp creatures and other subversives!
You are on a roll exhaulted politicheskiy rukovoditel!

Those capitalist swine must be made to pay for their crimes against the proletariat!

Long live the fervor of our righteous revolution as we create the glorious worker's paradise*!!!

*Of course I'll have an upper management postion to protect and further advance the interests of our noble members. Its the sacrfice I'm willing to make for the cause.

Might be way more important to you ( I don’t agree ) but if he plays against Bama and gets re-injured because he was rushed back chances are the whole season may be screwed.
I’ve said before as someone who has had 8 knee surgeries including 2 replacements ( and getting ready to have another replacement cause I rushed back to bowl in a tournament 3-4 weeks before I should have ) I just don’t see how he gets ready to go,not running and throwing but ready to cut and be hit ,in that little amount of time.
Hope he is but I also hope they don’t rush him into a game we have a minimal chance of winning anyways only to get re-injured and miss the rest of the season.
Finishing 11-1 with our only loss to Bama will do as much for the program as beating Bama and playing with a RS QB the rest of the year and losing 3-4 games..jmo

But why would you assume they're "rushing" him back? When has UM ever rushed anyone back from any injury? If the medical staff clears him, then I just say they have never even once given us a reason to think they're anything but cautious. So why doubt them now?

Believe me, I know knee injuries can be tricky... but I also know that pretty much no two knee injuries are the same. You can have a full tear, a partial tear, barely any tear, a tear in different places... it's a complicated joint. We're not doctors, and even if we are, we're not the ones treating him. The fact that they were saying immediately after he injured it that he'll be back in the fall has me believe that he lucked out and his injury wasn't as bad as it looked on TV. I don't know why people just assume they're rushing anything. I've never known UM to do that. If anything, UM errs on the side of being too careful, not the other way around IMO.

Go get humiliated 58-3 by Baga and there won’t be a rest of the season to rally for. Toxicity will set in and it’ll be a wrap.

Exactly right. This game matters, any way you cut it. Miami AD's have been trying to sell us on the "goal" of winning the coastal ever since the dude who hired Al Golden... whatever the **** his name was. Maybe before. It's never been about that. It's about national relevance, and getting back to being Miami.... and the golden opportunity is staring us in the face week 1 against Alabama.

We'll be the underdog and rightfully so, but you throw everything you got at them and leave it all out on the field. None of this running scared **** or saving **** for conference play. Lay it all out there, and let's see what we're made of.

Advertisement
When VaTech beat eventual NC champion OSU, did it transform the program that year, or ever?

Don’t bother answering, I’ll give you the answer: NO

The gobblers went on the have a bad season, even we beat them that year, and Ohio State went on to win the national championship. I can’t remember the exact year, it was about like seven or eight years ago. Did nothing for Virginia Tech.

Beating one team, no matter who it is, especially early in the season, doesn’t transform a program.

Transforming a program comes from consistently winning, and doing all those myriad of things that you have to do before you can consistently win.

I’m not saying it would be a bad thing, I’d love it if we beat Alabama. But losing to them, or winning, is not going to make a huge difference in the long run. Please note the phrase in long run.

If we’re doing the right things, and even if we lose to Alabama but then win the rest of our games, then we are headed in the right direction.

One thing I’ve learned, never overestimate the importance of one game early in the season, one way or the other

Not a bad example, but Virginia Tech isn't Miami, and OSU isn't Alabama. Nobody talks year after year about Virginia Tech being "back," and nobody talks about OSU as a modern dynasty.

If Miami beats Alabama, all you're going to hear about is "Is the U Back?" all year long. Recruits all over Florida will be pumped. Kids in Texas and California will be buying D'Eriq King jerseys. Believe it or not, a lot of people WANT to like Miami, we just haven't given them any reason to in the last 20 years.

Miami still has the brand equity that if we go out there and actually prove we're more than just an ACC Coastal team, and we get some people across the country believing we're for real, the hype train will start running in a way it never would for a team like Va Tech. Questions about Manny would be erased, and our recruiting would hit another level, especially with the hometown kids.

They are going to do everything they can to get him ready to play. Manny isn’t stupid. He knows that a 30 or 40 point loss and the fan base is going to be up in arms and his seat is going to start getting really hot.
If we lose to Alabama nobody seat is getting hot. We're going to be underdogs for sure--King or no King. Losing to teams we shouldn't will get him there; Alabama ain't one of those teams.

I had no idea that you were such a medical expert. And all this and you haven't see his medical charts. You are absolutely amazing

Advertisement
If King is cleared to play by the doctors, you play him. Doesn’t matter if it’s Alabama or Central Connecticut. You play every game to win. Even a game where you likely don’t have much of a shot. Look at it this way, King tore his ACL while cutting in the open field. That exact play could have happened against Duke or Virginia Tech. The idea that he’s more likely to get hurt against one team vs another is kind of stupid.
Sooooo. Playing against a team that has almost no chance of getting to the QB is the same as playing a team that has the capability of ge to the QB every play?

did you watch Jaylen Waddle in the National Championship game? The dude was basically limping.

If King is cleared he plays. Even if he's not 100%.
Can only put you on the ignore list. The post is too stupid to respond any other way

Advertisement
The Bama game sets the tone for the season.

Get blown out and your chances to lose to a Duke or GT increase dramatically. Win or go toe to toe with Bama, we’re not losing to a GT or Duke.

That’s why the Bama game is more significant.

Sooooo. Playing against a team that has almost no chance of getting to the QB is the same as playing a team that has the capability of ge to the QB every play?
King didn’t blow out his knee getting sacked. He was running in the open field and tore the ligament making a cut. It was a play that could happen in any game against any opponent.

Besides, Alabama was 34th in sacks per game last year. That’s behind Duke, Oklahoma State, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Clemson and Pittsburgh, all of which we played last year. Would you sit King against Duke? They were better at sacking the quarterback than Alabama last year.

Loser mentality. You empty your guns. Go out there treating Baga like an exhibition game where we are the Washington Generals, and you’re destined to get destroyed to the point of no return. Get smoked 58-3 and get a bunch of guys hurt going half speed and have a disastrous season.
Ok big guy risk a whole season and a young man's career over a non-conference game that is a season opener, not a playoff game. Like I said if he isn't 100 sit him. Sorry I'd rather be 11-1 or 10-2 and keep our recruiting momentum going than 6-7 with a back up in there.

Ok big guy risk a whole season and a young man's career over a non-conference game that is a season opener, not a playoff game. Like I said if he isn't 100 sit him. Sorry I'd rather be 11-1 or 10-2 and keep our recruiting momentum going than 6-7 with a back up in there.

Medically cleared and 100% aren’t the same thing dude.

Try wrapping your head around that before proceeding.

Advertisement
Back