Manny Diaz on Packer & Durham this morning

Advertisement
Manny’s head is on the line. This is his year, he will either sink or swim. He will do everything he can to have his best players out there except pope and Wiggins lol

Now that coach Diaz has confirmed it, perhaps my prediction that King will be back for week 4 will get some legitimate traction for discussion purposes. King will get one tune up game before we start ACC play.

Last edited:
Please tell me this is not true.
Screenshot_20210329-184656.jpg

Now that coach Diaz has confirmed it, perhaps my prediction that King will be back for week 4 will get some legitimate traction for discussion purposes. King will get one tune up game before we start ACC play.
I’m with you..he may be up and running but cutting and GETTING HIT on the knee is a whole other thing...Hope the kid plays just hope he doesn’t play against Bama cause he is rushed and is lost for the more important conference games..

Advertisement
I’m with you..he may be up and running but cutting and GETTING HIT on the knee is a whole other thing...Hope the kid plays just hope he doesn’t play against Bama cause he is rushed and is lost for the more important conference games..

Exactly.

The reason I'd like to get the discussion going with the mindset of King being back for week 4 (Central Connecticut) is that we actually play two teams that cannot be taken lightly before that (Michigan State & App State). We wont be able to beat either of those teams without some kind of decent QB play. I think TVD and/or Garcia will get some high quality playing time in those games.

Then as I stated, let King get one tune up game against Central Connecticut where he'll likely only play the first half, getting his "sea legs" back for the UVA game the following week. It bodes poorly for the Alabama game but bodes well for the season (and program) as a whole.

Why are conference games more important than Alabama?

If by some miracle we were able to beat Alabama, that would transform the program. That would get the whole country's attention, not to mention a ****load of recruits attention.

Now if we beat NC State, who really gives a ****? I would way rather beat Alabama and lose to NC State than the opposite.

The Alabama game is way more important because of the impact it can have on our program. You want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. Bottom line.

He did the exact opposite. He said he’s way ahead of schedule. By July dude is going to be running and cutting. He’ll be ready by training camp. He’s playing against Bama no way in **** he sits out a third of his final season of college football.

What did Diaz confirm? He said that King is ahead of schedule. They previously stated that he would start running in April/May. He'll be full go by camp.

Advertisement
Exactly.

The reason I'd like to get the discussion going with the mindset of King being back for week 4 (Central Connecticut) is that we actually play two teams that cannot be taken lightly before that (Michigan State & App State). We wont be able to beat either of those teams without some kind of decent QB play. I think TVD and/or Garcia will get some high quality playing time in those games.

Then as I stated, let King get one tune up game against Central Connecticut where he'll likely only play the first half, getting his "sea legs" back for the UVA game the following week. It bodes poorly for the Alabama game but bodes well for the season (and program) as a whole.
If he’s physically clears to go what’s the issue? What exactly does 4 extra weeks give you. Especially if he should be full go in a practice by that time. If he’s cleared by fall camp him sitting out extra weeks does nothing at all. If he feels good and is cleared medically play him. That doesn’t mean run him 10-12 times

Smh, if he's not 100% sit him. No need to rush King back and risk the whole season. Sometimes players need to be protected from themselves.
Loser mentality. You empty your guns. Go out there treating Baga like an exhibition game where we are the Washington Generals, and you’re destined to get destroyed to the point of no return. Get smoked 58-3 and get a bunch of guys hurt going half speed and have a disastrous season.

If by some miracle we were able to beat Alabama, that would transform the program. That would get the whole country's attention, not to mention a ****load of recruits attention.

Now if we beat NC State, who really gives a ****? I would way rather beat Alabama and lose to NC State than the opposite.

The Alabama game is way more important because of the impact it can have on our program. You want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. Bottom line.
Might be way more important to you ( I don’t agree ) but if he plays against Bama and gets re-injured because he was rushed back chances are the whole season may be screwed.
I’ve said before as someone who has had 8 knee surgeries including 2 replacements ( and getting ready to have another replacement cause I rushed back to bowl in a tournament 3-4 weeks before I should have ) I just don’t see how he gets ready to go,not running and throwing but ready to cut and be hit ,in that little amount of time.
Hope he is but I also hope they don’t rush him into a game we have a minimal chance of winning anyways only to get re-injured and miss the rest of the season.
Finishing 11-1 with our only loss to Bama will do as much for the program as beating Bama and playing with a RS QB the rest of the year and losing 3-4 games..jmo

If he’s physically clears to go what’s the issue? What exactly does 4 extra weeks give you. Especially if he should be full go in a practice by that time. If he’s cleared by fall camp him sitting out extra weeks does nothing at all. If he feels good and is cleared medically play him. That doesn’t mean run him 10-12 times
Ain’t nobody hitting him in practice..js

Advertisement
Ain’t nobody hitting any QB in practice bruh lol..he won’t get hit until he gets hit...if he’s cleared for fall camp what advantage is there for him to sit a extra month? His injury was non contact. If he’s medically ready to go he plays
Wasn’t my point.point was he can go full in practice with no contact and be fine.Bama gonna have a target on that knee.

listen I hope the kid is fine,plays and whips Bama’s *** and goes on to win the Heisman but as someone that has had every kind of knee surgery imaginable I just don’t see how that knee will be ready.

‘Hope I’m wrong ...

Go get humiliated 58-3 by Baga and there won’t be a rest of the season to rally for. Toxicity will set in and it’ll be a wrap.

Advertisement
Wasn’t my point.point was he can go full in practice with no contact and be fine.Bama gonna have a target on that knee.

listen I hope the kid is fine,plays and whips Bama’s *** and goes on to win the Heisman but as someone that has had every kind of knee surgery imaginable I just don’t see how that knee will be ready.

‘Hope I’m wrong ...
When you say ready, are you talking from a mental standpoint or structural issue?

Might be way more important to you ( I don’t agree ) but if he plays against Bama and gets re-injured because he was rushed back chances are the whole season may be screwed.
I’ve said before as someone who has had 8 knee surgeries including 2 replacements ( and getting ready to have another replacement cause I rushed back to bowl in a tournament 3-4 weeks before I should have ) I just don’t see how he gets ready to go,not running and throwing but ready to cut and be hit ,in that little amount of time.
Hope he is but I also hope they don’t rush him into a game we have a minimal chance of winning anyways only to get re-injured and miss the rest of the season.
Finishing 11-1 with our only loss to Bama will do as much for the program as beating Bama and playing with a RS QB the rest of the year and losing 3-4 games..jmo

No doctor is going to be pressured into bringing back King before he’s ready.

This isn’t 1981 where they shoot em up and send them back out. He’s going to have to check every box physically.

When you say ready, are you talking from a mental standpoint or structural issue?
Both..until he gets hit on that knee he’s gonna be hesitant anyone would be and NO ONE is going to know what’s going to happen until then but Being hesitant can get him hurt again....Listen I hope the kid pulls an AD and comes in 110% and balls out.I just don’t want him to rush back having any doubt and get hurt because he just wants to play that first game.I’d rather have him the other 11 or 12..again jmo

No doctor is going to be pressured into bringing back King before he’s ready.

This isn’t 1981 where they shoot em up and send them back out. He’s going to have to check every box physically.
Yea because no team Dr has EVER cleared a guy to play in a big game that wasn’t quite ready ...😂

Advertisement
Back