Manny Diaz next Canes coach

Advertisement
is Manny a bible thumper? I am genuinely just asking because I dont know. I guess I could just ask, is he a christian? Cause the term bible thumper can have negative connotations, even though I don't mean it negatively at all. So is he?

What does this have to do with his coaching competency, ability to evaluate and develop players, recruit, run an organization, connections in the college coaching ranks?

What does this have to do with his coaching competency, ability to evaluate and develop players, recruit, run an organization, connections in the college coaching ranks?

I am genuinely asking because I just don't know. You are making a huge assumption in that I think it's a bad thing. I don't necessarily do or do not. I just want to know. Do you know?

I am genuinely asking because I just don't know. You are making a huge assumption in that I think it's a bad thing. I don't necessarily do or do not. I just want to know. Do you know?

Don't know and is not germane to discussion, and I am Christian so I don't think of it as a negative either.

Advertisement
just looked at my initial post... 24 angry vs 4 likes... forgot how mad ppl were with the University when this hire was made.. how things have changed!! but it begins tonight Manny ,show us TNM

Yeah people were ****ed. And to be fair we really didn’t do a “coaching search” so I can sort of see why. But regardless here we are now and let’s support this brother.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lazy hire?

Honestly? Yeah, probably. But lazy doesn't always mean bad. You could make the argument that Butch Davis was a lazy hire, by going right back to a UM guy (he'd followed JJ to Dallas) instead of bringing in a true outsider. On the list of potential coaches, you either had retreads or inexperience. I would have enjoyed watching Leach (we wouldn't be worrying about points) but might not be a great fit w S FL culture. Kyle Wittingham would have been intriguing. Chris Peterson was dream hire, but he wasn't leaving PNW. Cristobal, I guess he would have been next logical choice, but between Diaz and Cristobal, I'd go with Diaz. If/when Manny wins a NC and bounces to NFL, then I think Cristobal will probably be next.

Advertisement
First year not going so hot. They will not fire you. So please hire some competent assistants this offseason.

Not a single coach should be retained.

Advertisement
Back