Manny Diaz next Canes coach

This the same guy that rotated bumbs in the secondary a guy named robert knowles. He wont sign an elite class watch
he needs real recruiters on this staff.
also, ponce might be his guy but he has only be at app state even though he was a hs coach down in miami for a while

Advertisement
is Manny a bible thumper? I am genuinely just asking because I dont know. I guess I could just ask, is he a christian? Cause the term bible thumper can have negative connotations, even though I don't mean it negatively at all. So is he?

I have to see his first class to know if hes even legit regardless of record this is the same guy that rotated robert knowles regularly
You got a point there. At least manny had a pulse these last 3 seasons. Needs to fire everyone else or mostly everyone.

Advertisement
I
Its completely dead
giphy.gif

A few things must happen for this to be successful:

Clean house on offensive side. No one stays.

Hire a top notch ST guy. Enough sucking on ST. Cost us two games this year at a minimum.

Hire a offensive innovator.

Hire one elite coordinator on both offense and defense.

We do that and Manny has a chance to be successful.

We have a good RB and WR coach don't fire them.. our TE coach is our ace recruiter.. just hire an innovative OC and maybe a different oline coach.. but I think the play calling made the o line look worse than what it was

Advertisement
All of it or something specific?

Richt quit because he was being forced to get rid of his son and other offensive staff. You think James said come on board and keep everyone?

Nothing would surprise me anymore with that bunch of lazy asssholes.
But even just bringing an OC I can’t se how they would not fvck that up and make the laziest hire possible.

It’s just lazy.

This looks like a desperate move on the part of UM and there’s no reason to act with desperation. Why rush this? What if Diaz sucks?

We have a good RB and WR coach don't fire them.. our TE coach is our ace recruiter.. just hire an innovative OC and maybe a different oline coach.. but I think the play calling made the o line look worse than what it was

The RB coach is getting paid like a OC. He has to go.. Along with OL and QB coach

Manny strikes me as intelligent (Coker, Shannon, and Golden didn’t) and willing to do what is necessary to be successful. Being cutthroat is important. Let’s makw some O changes and roll.

Shannon was intelligent,...just close-minded and stubborn....i.e., not CEO level.

There are some extremely intelligent people that cant manage @ the top.

Advertisement
If this hire is really independent of Richt retiring and not an attempt for Richt to leave, bring in Manny and maintain the status quo, then his first order of business HAS to be to fire Jon, immediately.

Jon will be a GA if he has nothing better out there.

Advertisement
Everybody wanted Manny when they thought he was going to Temple, now they mad lol just getting ready so they can turn on him, like they have every other coach, when he suffers his first loss or doesn't win 10+, the coastal, beat UF/FSU and win a bowl in year 1.

Hope he hires a top notch OC. Most of y'all were the same ***gots poo pooing his hire as DC so no shock that you are doing the same thing now. This can work and I'll support him like I have every other coach bc I'm a fan of Miami, not Butch Davis or whoever else y'all love today.

I know it's cool on here to hate Coach Richt and make up corny names like the other cool kids, **** the mods partake/encourage it. But I'm appreciative of his time here. He accomplished things we'd never done(Coastal) or hadn't done in so longer it felt like never(bowl win, 10 win season, beating FSU). Smashed ND on national television, got the IPF done with money out of his own pocket. This year was a disaster but I hate that he's going out like that but can't blame him. This fan base disgusts me. I wish him the best.

Everyone saying they are done with the program, is that a promise? Does that include getting the **** off this site? Boy I hope so. Bunch of pussies.

Hope Manny kills it. Go Canes

Exactly how I feel

The BOT somehow managed to incorporate the laziness behind both the Shannon and Golden hires all into one. Promote staff member from a failed regime and technically poach yet again from Temple.

I wish Diaz all the best, but the ******** in our athletic department who keep making these rage-inducing decisions just continue repeating the same exact cycles. Which means we somehow haven't yet rock bottom yet as a program.

My thoughts exactly. The comedy factor of rolling 2 recent disastrous Head Coaching hires into 1 is amazing. It's almost too good not to do.

Promoted a DC from a failed staff.

I would not say in Manny's case he was a failed staff since he was on his way to be HC at Temple due to his success as a DC here. The failed staff was basically all on offense.

Advertisement
Back