Manny Diaz: Losing will not be tolerated

Advertisement
Uh huh.

And the Chicago Bears retained Buddy Ryan as the DC when Ditka came in.

Only produced one of the most dominant, vicious defenses in NFL history - especially in '85.

In my opinion, the best ever.

Miami just retained 50% of a staff that's 7-9 since beating Notre Dame in 2017.

Love Manny but it might be time to estop talking

Advertisement
Coker coached scared to hurt someone’s feelings. He pulled back at halftime of his first game, at Penn State. Miami could have, and should have rolled up 50+.

After the near-loss at BC he seemed to get ‘it’, and Miami rolled Syracuse and Washington by a combined 124-7. The Huskies were particularly embarrassed and upset.

So, the next week Coker thought a 20-3 halftime lead at VT was enough. Miami almost blew that game, and a NC.

F-Coker.

Can’t take nothing for granted. Gotta destroy the opposition scorched earth style. Football ain’t about feelings. A 20 point lead is not safe until the clock say 0:00 in the 4th quarter.

Y’all remember that crazy Lakeland-St. Thomas Aquinis game back in like ‘07?

I think the important takeaway from this interview isn't the losing isn't tolerated here line but how he's fostering competition all the time through rewarding winners and punishing losers. It's going to push guys to get better and push guys who can't hack it out of the program.

Advertisement
One thing is for sure, maybe the first since Butch, we will finally be back to a head coach who will be emotionally invested on the sidelines and making sure the ACC officiating knows he is there (I hope).

Golden would make some noise, but he was in over his head before he started.

All talk right now though.

UM

Hindsight is 20/20. How would anyone know Golden was over his head and Diaz is not at this point in the season? Golden won more games at Temple than Diaz ever did! :sneaky:

Ya know... I don’t think richt was ever conservative here. 4th and 6 from his own 35 was 4 down territory for him.
Lol going for it on 4th and 2 in your own territory, in the 1st quarter during a monsoon. Oh and the call was 4 verticles. Glad that nightmare is over.

Hindsight is 20/20. How would anyone know Golden was over his head and Diaz is not at this point in the season? Golden won more games at Temple than Diaz ever did! :sneaky:

Well, while I definitely give a **** about W/L records, I was really only speaking to sideline demeanor and working officials.

UM

Advertisement
Miami just retained 50% of a staff that's 7-9 since beating Notre Dame in 2017.

Love Manny but it might be time to estop talking
What an idiot. Atleast get your facts straight. He cleaned house in the strength and conditioning department and in the office for off the field recruiting. Also increased the staff and brought in well thought of personnel with strong recruiting ties, guys like Stone from UGA.

Our biggest problem was our OC who had a historically bad offense and the head coach who never had his team prepared. In his three years, he was outscored in the first quarter against P5 teams. Talent usually took over. They are both gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back