Manny Diaz: Losing will not be tolerated

Why would you repost this "article"? Less than 300 words and absolutely says ZERO.

CanesWarning and this Alan Rubenstein try to pump out way too much crap content on a daily basis.

He literally built that entire "argument" around a Canes Football tweet about hiring a new strength coach and the effort he expects in the weight room.

How the **** this turns into a 'story' about Manny not "tolerating" losing—it's sub-par writing and click-bait, as nowhere did Diaz say losing won't be tolerated, he said guys lacked intensity last season.
Why would you repost this "article"? Less than 300 words and absolutely says ZERO.

CanesWarning and this Alan Rubenstein try to pump out way too much crap content on a daily basis.

He literally built that entire "argument" around a Canes Football tweet about hiring a new strength coach and the effort he expects in the weight room.

How the **** this turns into a 'story' about Manny not "tolerating" losing—it's sub-par writing and click-bait, as nowhere did Diaz say losing won't be tolerated, he said guys lacked intensity last season.
Well, three pages of people commenting on this non story sure tells me other people thought it was something to talk bout. Have a good night.

Advertisement
Coker started this malise of a culture of taking foot off the pedal.... he should have crushed Nebraska at the Rose Bowl...

This. Miami became the target instead of putting the target on everyone else.

He talks a great game.....I'm hoping the results match the words.

Because if he understands Miami ... Manny is raising expectations with fans know what true winning was and looked like....and a great many with highly unrealistic ones.

Ive heard bravado before but Im a realist..l have no idea what he's capable of accomplishing. ..He is a 1st year coach and 1st time HC

I do love what he has already done..I want to see if he can match the talk with actions on the field.

I'm also anxious to see how he acts when the inevitable happens...like Golden?...or as a realistic competent coach who is actually doing everything possible to build a championship team

Advertisement
Which players do u all think he was talking about being okay with finishing second place? Bc we know all of them weren't seniors. Shots fired at some current players.

Coker took his foot off the gas pedal far too early, too.

Like the '01 championship game with almost all the highlights from the 1st half.

Except for Vilma drilling a couple of guys.

Coker coached scared to hurt someone’s feelings. He pulled back at halftime of his first game, at Penn State. Miami could have, and should have rolled up 50+.

After the near-loss at BC he seemed to get ‘it’, and Miami rolled Syracuse and Washington by a combined 124-7. The Huskies were particularly embarrassed and upset.

So, the next week Coker thought a 20-3 halftime lead at VT was enough. Miami almost blew that game, and a NC.

F-Coker.

:ROFLMAO: So true....but you had to give Jimmy one thing. When his boys were rolling, there was no clipping their wings and worrying about what pundits would say about a beat down.

There’s a story about when JJ and the Canes played at Arkansas in 1987. Jimmy went to Arkansas, and wanted the HC job. He was at Oklahoma State. He was passed over at one point.

Miami was up 51-0 late in the game and the freshmen were playing. Arkansas was driving, and JJ told the starters on bench if Arkansas scores next Monday will be the toughest, hardest practice ever.

Arkansas scored and the final was 51-7.

The next Monday’s practice was brutal.

I think Leon Searcy told the story on 30-for-30, or another documentary.

Advertisement
When we ran the score up one time on Notre Dame & got a lot of flack from their Coach Ara Parseghian &commentator,Brent Musburger, Jimmy Johnson's retort was, "In football, it is the defense's job to stop the offense". That was especially sweet considering the number of times Notre Dame ran the score up on others. They just were not accustomed to a beat down.

Last edited:
When we ran the score up one time on Notre Dame & got a lot of flack from their coach & commentator,Brent Musburger, Jimmy Johnson's retort was, "In football, it is the defense's job to stop the offense". That was especially sweet considering the number of times Notre Dame ran the score up on others.
It was Gerry Faust's last game and we were kind enough to show him why he needed to retire.

I've hated Musberger ever since. He was such a whiny little ***** about it and never said anything but praise if anyone else ran up the score.

People react like Manny’s comment is anything other than table stakes. The alternative proposition would have to be that losing will be tolerated?

Advertisement
You do know that Jimmy gave up the biggest ever lea…oh, never mind.

Are you referring to Maryland game with Frank reich? I’m not as familiar with that game since I was young at the time and no interest and rewatching the lose but was that the game that Jimmy decided he didn’t care about the other team? Or did he always have that mentality and just failed at that specific game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back