Manny Diaz: Losing will not be tolerated

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have u heard the coach-speak false bravado from our past coaches??

It was Diaz & fellow defensive staff that, upon their arrival here with Richt, boldly stated that if you come to UM and don’t beat FSU , you didn’t do anything.

I like it.

al golden knew how to throw a press conference too till we lost to maryland in his opener. ill wait till 8/24

One thing is for sure, maybe the first since Butch, we will finally be back to a head coach who will be emotionally invested on the sidelines and making sure the ACC officiating knows he is there (I hope).

Golden would make some noise, but he was in over his head before he started.

All talk right now though.

UM

i know what you're saying, but richt did shove a ref on the sidelines of the Orange bowl lol. richt became sleepy last year

Advertisement
al golden knew how to throw a press conference too till we lost to maryland in his opener. ill wait till 8/24
Only difference is we have seen how diaz has reinvigorated a side of the ball that was utterly lifeless before he got there and the defense has improved on their performance each year since he’s been here as he is always fine tuning his approach. If he does it with the rest of the team then look out.

Why would you repost this "article"? Less than 300 words and absolutely says ZERO.

CanesWarning and this Alan Rubenstein try to pump out way too much crap content on a daily basis.

He literally built that entire "argument" around a Canes Football tweet about hiring a new strength coach and the effort he expects in the weight room.

How the **** this turns into a 'story' about Manny not "tolerating" losing—it's sub-par writing and click-bait, as nowhere did Diaz say losing won't be tolerated, he said guys lacked intensity last season.

i know what you're saying, but richt did shove a ref on the sidelines of the Orange bowl lol. richt became sleepy last year

Actually, the very moment you speak of gave me all kinds of hope for a new Mark, and nothing came of it.

I like Mark, but he is who he is. Chatting with the officials before games and asking about their wives and kids would be great if it translated into his kids getting fair calls. Outside of a certain ****tail Bowl when he was at UGA that we all remember, I can't remember too many times where he had the fire on the sideline...especially at Miami where his face was buried in a play call sheet.

UM

Advertisement
He didn’t have to say anything, so by saying this I feel he means it. I don’t remember Golden or Richt or Randy or Coker being this persistent with not losing and it not being acceptable. I like it, No idea if he can run a full team but I like everything else he’s doing.

I’m going to get crap for this but I grew up in Michigan and being 38 growing up with fab 5 and parts of the ****y Hurricane years and it’s so exciting to see both slowly creep back into the good ole days
Only because you grew up in Michigan which has a lot of nice places outside of Detroit, Flint type areas.

This was a Jimmy Johnson thing and I loved it. To many times with Richt for example we had a chance to blow opponents out and he got conservative (more than usual) and the team creeped back in. I don’t think we lost many of those games but not good for the heart
Ya know... I don’t think richt was ever conservative here. 4th and 6 from his own 35 was 4 down territory for him.

Advertisement
This is who he is. He embraces the swag, the take-no-prisoners attitude.The kind of coach kids will take a hill for. What's not to like?

I'm cautiously optimistic with Manny if only for the fact that he's saying things the past few coaches have been afraid to say out loud. I'm not going to judge him after the Ufag game either, good or bad. Let's see how the whole season plays out and the recruiting cycle. We'll have a better understanding of where we stand as a program one year from now.

True. We’ll all await the results on the field.

But I guess my argument was that, in part by his then yelling at players about beating fsu (and at that time we lost to them 7x in a row)...his words carry more weight than his predecessors.

Advertisement
Back